2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
Not sure if i would repurchase
By evnstvn on 07/24/10 20:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a previous Nissan product (1993) Maxima that I had for 10 years (best car i ever had), I ended up buying a 2006 FX 35. Always loved the styling and after driving it (and competitors) decided on the FX. I still love the driving experience, but not necessarily the ownership experience. Have had multiple issues with having to return the vehicle to the dealership (which I admit, Infinity of Coconut Creek has been great) for many issues related to trim/cosmetics, I have also had to have 3 mechanical issues with the car that if I had to pay for out of pocket would have been very expensive if not covered under warranty. I do not think I would purchase another Nissan/Infinity product

Highly upset
By highly piss on 05/23/10 17:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchase this car about 1 months ago, 2 weeks in the engine light cuts on so I took it to the dealership the dealer tells me they can't find the problem and why the light is staying on so I've been riding around in a loaner car for 2 weeks

Long Term FX 35 Review - Excellent!!
By TY in IL on 02/24/10 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second FX. Bought '04 and put on 120,000 mi and then purchased '06 with 11,000 that now has 96,000 miles on it. Combined I have over 200,000 miles experience with FX and I'm thinking about 09 FX 50 now. I have had zero mechanical issues in either FX. Very reliable. I spend 4 hours/day in car, and this is my rolling office. Sports car, luxury sedan, and some utility makes it perfect for me. I have black/brick, all options/ chromes, and can't find another car I'd rather drive. I have much experience buying tires and I recommend 20" Yokahamas or Nittos. from Discount Tire. They improve ride. Combining fun to drive, reliability, styling and wow factor - can't lose with FX

Two months in...
By Brian BTLG on 12/24/09 20:29 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved the styling and there doesn't seem to be many on the road so it is quite unique. Drove Lexus, Mercedes, Acura, and Lincoln. Infiniti gives you the most tech features for the money with AWD. I've owned Nissan's before and they've always been reliable. Nav is awesome, bose system is the best I've owned yet, seats are very comfortable on longer trips, snow mode is perfect in deep snow, brick (orange) interior is simply amazing, lots of power, plenty of room and storage, and very comfortable ride. Have a good friend with X3 and another with Denali. This blows those away. Down sides: Barely getting 16 MPG and calls for premium fuel, poor rear visibility, and complicated bluetooth phone.

Great Car
By Kristi on 08/15/09 17:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a realtor and have loved having this car to show clients in. There is plenty of room in the back seat and for people with long legs. It has a really sporty sound, and handles well. Doesn't make super tight turns though and I feel like sometimes it is hard to see over the hood because of how round it is. The other weird thing is the location of the gas level indicator. It is poorly placed and was right in the line of the steering wheel. I have ran out of gas two times since owning this car purely because I didn't see the red light go on or realize how low I was on gas. Not a lot of storage room either. But all in all, a fantastic car I would recommend.

Best SUV & Sports Car Combo
By mden09 on 04/01/09 22:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I used to have the Infiniti QX4 and the G35. When the FX35 released it was the best of both worlds- the power of a sports car and the room within an SUV. I have been very happy with this purchase. A lot of other brands have tried to copy its slick design, but failed in my opinion. Still the best looking cross over.

pretty good
By ehanbameh on 08/28/08 08:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bluetooth handsfree does not work the way it should be. Its voice recognition system won't recognize your voice right. It will work as a simple handsfree. Still, mic quality is horrid. Folding chair catches the seatbelt and won't fold the way it should be. Vent stinks even after changing filter. But with all that in mind, I don't find anything bad with this car. Handling is superb compare to other suvs. Exhaust has low growls that entertains and never annoys. Steering stiffness is perfect as well as the ride quality. Power is always there in wide rpm range. In overall, it is a great buy and there's no others quite like this. Unless you're buying a x5 of course.

30k Miles later...
By Type2A on 01/17/08 08:59 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a review 2 years ago when I leased the car, but now after 2 years 30k miles later I've changed my tune... The FX is purely eye candy and has no uses as an SUV. It lacks in space (trunk area is half of any other SUV & passenger leg room is minimal) and my family of 4 barely fits in the car (can't even take road trips because its so small). The snow feature sounds like a tonka truck falling down stairs when it activates. Services cost more than my BMW M3 and parts are very expensive. If the weather gets below 32 degrees the car's performance and driver-feel becomes sub-par. After I hit 20k miles the car started to feel like it had 80k miles. I WOULD NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR AGAIN!

Would definitely buy again!
By snewth on 01/07/08 20:40 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the FX 35 one year now and love it. Handling and performance like a sports car (previous car was BMW M3) with utility of SUV. Gas mileage is 19-21 mph. Only downside is the hard ride, which I like and part of the sport suspension, but not for some expecting soft SUV-type ride. This is a sports car with unbelievable utility. Don't forget its great looks and comfortable front seats.

Pretty Good Vehicle
By S21 on 09/07/07 08:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good power and features. Love the back up camera. Controls are very easy to use. The rear seat belts are very hard to buckle. They are jammed down practically down into the seats. It took my 6 year old months to be able to do it. It was even hard for me to do sometimes. Also, the a/c smells moldy. Only have 8K miles on the car. Headlights don't shine out far enough (very wide, but not far), adjusting didn't help. Not great gas mileage. Window squeaks when rolling down, complained twice already, still squeaks. Good car but not sure I'd buy again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.