Used 2005 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Infiniti's FX is the best out there!!
By fxfan

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ok where to start? Adaptive cruise, lane departure warning, ikey.. The list goes on! I felt like I stole this beauty at the price I paid. This was a former Infiniti lease, that i picked up. It has 29k for the miles. Its 3.5l 280hp rwd is like driving a Z car, but with soo much more room. Sure it has Bose sound, but I enjoy the engine more! All I have to say is if you haven't driven this vehicle, you are truly missing out.

Engine, all the cool tech stuff (esp in an 05). Like driving a Z but you don't have to worry about attracting the MAN (aka police).

Possibly ipod interface??? But it's an 05 with 29k for miles... so none.

2005 Infiniti FX35 .... WOW!
By Todd B

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is simply the best looking and performing Crossover SUV for the money that I could find. I test drove everything in the price range/ model years. Nothing American was even close. Runners up were the Porsche Cayenne (too expensive, but awesome) and the BMW X5 3.0 (underpowered and a bit rough riding) The FX35 has great acceleration and really moves out on the freeway. Handling is amazing... feels like a sports sedan. SAFETY features, AWD and NAV system make this a real smart cruiser. Everything within arms reach inside. AND the EXTERIOR... well, everything else seems ugly now. Biased opinion I suppose.

Exterior design is elegant, aggressive and simply beautiful. The creature comforts inside are spoiling me rotten. Snug fitting seats and a terrific BOSE stereo system make it a pleasure to go to work... even at 4:30a.m.

The original tires seemed a bit loud. They were replaced. It made a big difference.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By mtrgirl

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love to drive this car! I bought it primarily for safety, but it quickly turned into the best car I have ever owned. It handles nimbly and quick, like a sports car. The engine is powerful and fast - I have avoided several accidents because of the maneuverability of this car. With the AWD and 20" tires, the car holds the road and I feel in total control, even around tight corners. The interior is slightly small (great for me, since I'm 5'2", but a tight fit for my husband who's 6') but the comfort and luxury makes up it. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Beautiful exterior. Powerful engine. Agile handling.

A little more interior room. Better rear visibility.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By soccermom

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was not familiar with the car and my husband wanted to buy it. I now LOVE it. I love driving it on road trips the seats hug you! I love the engine I wanted at 350z and feel like I got a bigger version. My kids even love this car! I'm thinking of trading it as my kids are going off to college and am having difficulty parting with it. I didn't think I would but like the others said the one down side is the gas it is a drinker.

I have satellite radio the Bose radio system is AWESOME. I also love reclining back seats and rear air.

Auto rear door hatch would be nice and the rear door can be heavy. Also it would be nice if the rear glass opened as an option.

HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE IT!
By Drillsgt833

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say. Power, good looks, fun to drive, & reliable who could ask for more? This Infiniti is an excellent vehicle. My wife couldn't stand the design at first but now drives it more than I do. Plenty of power when needed. Fuel mileage is good for an SUV I get about 15-17 in the city and 21-23 on the hwy. Ride is a bit bumpy but it is to be expected for a more sporty ride. I handle and take curves better then my 98 Q45. Compared to the Lexus RX and Acura MDX it is by far the more exciting to drive!

V6 power, leather, sunroof, 6 disc in dash CD changer.

Ride is a little harsh when tires are worn (keep good tires on it.)

• SUV