2005 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
$ for $ could not be happier
By Ron Smith on 07/19/08 17:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have tested ALL SUVs and crossovers. I have been a mechanical eng for 30 years. When I researched this FX and drove it, I was sold on the spot. Every day I drive it I like even more. I am probably the pickiest person when it comes to spending $. I just want what I pay for. I felt this was the only SUV that gave me that feeling and still does. Quality from back to front and top to bottom. It just came down to how much quality do you want for your money.

Love It!
By Safiya7 on 06/23/08 16:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my FX35 used in 2007, I had been wanting one for a least a year but was torn between the FX35 and the VW Toureg. Well I made the right choice I have fallen in love with this car. Coming from a VW beetle a 4-cyl to a powerful V6 was an adjustment when it came to the extra power. This car gives you the best of everything it rides smooth like a luxury car but has that size of an SUV. My fiance' and I took it on a trip to Las Vegas and it did great.

My first luxury vehicle
By Tesa on 04/29/08 20:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a Honda Accord but wanted a vehicle that would give me more room and a classy look. I never expected to purchase the FX35 but after viewing the ivory pearl color and test driving, I immediately feel in love. This car is a real head turner and I've gotten so many compliments on its design. I have plenty of leg room and its fun to drive.

Car of My Dreams
By thomas on 04/17/08 08:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an fx35 a while ago and absolutely loved this vehicle. It gives you the feel of a high powered sports car. I recieved compliments everywhere I went. I would recommend this car to people who love making a statement. Only bad downfall is not a very kid friendly car.

Excellent car
By Mike on 09/21/07 17:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very capable car, particularly if you like a more sporty feel, but also want comfort. Although the sport ride is stiff, on longer journeys I don't find the car tiring. On twisty roads it's a lot of fun - my only dislike is the manual gearbox mode which often refuses to shift. At 6'5" there are not many cars I find comfortable, but the FX is great for the taller driver, even with the sunroof. I really enjoy the different look of this car. If only it had a few improvements to the drivetrain. Having said that, I would buy another one, only it would have to be the V8. The V6 is a great engine but still too puny for this heavy car.

Not too happy with the car
By Gene on 06/15/07 20:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing special, get sick driving after a while. The car is too bumpy, small on cargo space. Trunk is too small.

This car rocks!
By Chance Richie on 03/11/07 07:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I inherited this car from my wife after I recently bought her a Tahoe. I was a little skeptical at first. I knew she loved the car, but the car was different than anything I had driven. Over the past few months, I have fallen in love with the car. I have ridden in a friend's Cayenne S and have driven other crossovers. There is no other vehicle on the road that drives like a sportscar, feels like a sportscar when you are behind the wheel and still allows you to put a bicycle in the back with both wheels on. Amazing. I'm about to supercharge mine and make some modifications, but it has plenty of power from the factory. I recommend replacing your stock air filter with a K&N.

A car that thrills..
By Julia on 01/14/07 17:01 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for four months now, and had an Infiniti previously as well. I am hooked! This car is thrilling to drive, super comfortable, great on gas, and although I usually could care less about driving here and there I actually look forward to driving this car every day. It is so super responsive, it's got the agile handling of a sports coupe. It's got space to grocery get,and yet it sticks to the road like glue, and is so un- minivan like. The standard/auto switch shifter is MARVELOUS! I can nagivate tight turns with ease and without cramming on the brakes all the time. It's got a wonderful sound system, and dvd for my son-who thinks this car is the bomb! I am loving this car!

First and last luxury car!
By Geisha on 01/05/07 21:28 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first luxury car and I have to say that I will keep it forever! Aside from the obvious outstanding exterior design, my FX35 just feels and handles like a sports car. It's great for the highway and the navigation system comes in handy all the time. Truly a fantastic piece of machinery and well worth the money.

outstanding
By mase on 12/20/06 08:33 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i had to upgrade my 350z to a crossover or suv type for 3 kids. i ran into this FX35 at a nissan dealership. they had it parked next to a murano and i can see the difference. i made the right choice. i love this thing inside and out! this thing has come in handy with the kids and i love the exhaust tone. it sounds exactly like my 350z and its great to see the same engine in all nissan/infiniti products!