2005 Infiniti FX35 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
Infiniti FX35
By jrexjones on 10/03/09 17:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Exceptionally well built vehicle amazing performance and durability - no warranty claims at 85K miles!!! Performance and handling are outstanding for a vehicle of this size - a sports car in hiking boots!

DO NOT buy this car - bubbling dash board
By LUCIE on 09/23/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 FX35 that I paid 43k and I would not recommend any of the FX35. Infinity dealer replaced my bubbling dash board July 2008 when my car had only 28,000 miles. Now 14 months later at 40k miles the same problem. Out of warranty by 2 months and Infiniti dealer is not willing to help me unless I pay $1500 to have the dash board replaced with no guaranty that this will not happen again. The problem is the glue that was used in the dashboard is causing the problem. You pay good money for a car and it is a big problem. It will lower the value of my car. I do not recommend this car to anyone.

Excellent SUV
By babuino on 09/07/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent build quality. Had it for 5 years now and never had a mechanical problem. The only problem was the CD player, but the dealer replaced it with a brand new one without me paying for anything. This car handles very well, easy to drive, not as comfortable as some other SUVs though. Guess it's the sports tuned suspension I have.

FXlove
By coloradocheetah on 07/23/09 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having been a 240Z enthusiast years ago, the FX reminds me of that driving experience. The cam comes on strong at 3000rpm; third gear is the true workhorse. This is a vehicle one can drive like a church lady on Sunday, or really let it go. I've left several friends breathless when jumping on the throttle. They didn't expect such performance... especially those with the Lexus RX series vehicles. Everything about the vehicle is great. Styling, handling, build quality, comfort, intelligent cruise control, too many other things to identify. I've had SUV's, BMW's, probably more than 30 different vehicles. Hands down, the Z car and the FX have been my two favorite vehicles!

Infiniti's FX is the best out there!!
By fxfan on 05/04/09 16:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ok where to start? Adaptive cruise, lane departure warning, ikey.. The list goes on! I felt like I stole this beauty at the price I paid. This was a former Infiniti lease, that i picked up. It has 29k for the miles. Its 3.5l 280hp rwd is like driving a Z car, but with soo much more room. Sure it has Bose sound, but I enjoy the engine more! All I have to say is if you haven't driven this vehicle, you are truly missing out.

2005 Infiniti FX35 .... WOW!
By Todd B on 04/12/09 00:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is simply the best looking and performing Crossover SUV for the money that I could find. I test drove everything in the price range/ model years. Nothing American was even close. Runners up were the Porsche Cayenne (too expensive, but awesome) and the BMW X5 3.0 (underpowered and a bit rough riding) The FX35 has great acceleration and really moves out on the freeway. Handling is amazing... feels like a sports sedan. SAFETY features, AWD and NAV system make this a real smart cruiser. Everything within arms reach inside. AND the EXTERIOR... well, everything else seems ugly now. Biased opinion I suppose.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By mtrgirl on 01/21/09 15:46 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love to drive this car! I bought it primarily for safety, but it quickly turned into the best car I have ever owned. It handles nimbly and quick, like a sports car. The engine is powerful and fast - I have avoided several accidents because of the maneuverability of this car. With the AWD and 20" tires, the car holds the road and I feel in total control, even around tight corners. The interior is slightly small (great for me, since I'm 5'2", but a tight fit for my husband who's 6') but the comfort and luxury makes up it. I would recommend this car to anyone!

I LOVE THIS CAR
By soccermom on 12/21/08 18:47 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was not familiar with the car and my husband wanted to buy it. I now LOVE it. I love driving it on road trips the seats hug you! I love the engine I wanted at 350z and feel like I got a bigger version. My kids even love this car! I'm thinking of trading it as my kids are going off to college and am having difficulty parting with it. I didn't think I would but like the others said the one down side is the gas it is a drinker.

HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE IT!
By Drillsgt833 on 12/17/08 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say. Power, good looks, fun to drive, & reliable who could ask for more? This Infiniti is an excellent vehicle. My wife couldn't stand the design at first but now drives it more than I do. Plenty of power when needed. Fuel mileage is good for an SUV I get about 15-17 in the city and 21-23 on the hwy. Ride is a bit bumpy but it is to be expected for a more sporty ride. I handle and take curves better then my 98 Q45. Compared to the Lexus RX and Acura MDX it is by far the more exciting to drive!

Mid life crisis car par excellance
By sidruze on 10/31/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've leased this car for three plus years now and am really having a hard time with the thought of turning it in. Mine has the standard 18s because I do live down a country road. I've beefed up the power with a Stillen system. I highly recommend this for anyone serious about exploring the car's true sports potential. Not that the car is underpowed stock but wow this mod really helps let the beast out. Now with 300+ hp it just loves to run. The beemer crowd are often shocked when this car not only hangs with them but leaves many behind. Ok so I'm a little old for an outright sports car but this one is stealth personified.