Used 2005 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Fine Quality
By Elusive

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my AWD FX35 for one year now and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I did replace the tires with what were on it from Kumho to Goodyear Fortera which I am very pleased with providing a stable ride on wet and dry pavement. It has tons of storage in the liftback. I love all the bells and whistles. I would highly recommend this car.

Heated power seats, snow mode, slide-out sun visor, satellite radio, power lift away steering wheel, storage in auto locking liftback.

Redesign center console, it's easy to drop items between console and seat and unable to retrieve them. Heated side mirrors, better gas mileage.

Hooked on the FX
By Hunter

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a 1 1/2 years ago and I still love driving it. It was my first SUV but I must say it drives like a sports car. The BOSE stereo, Backup camera, and the NAV are must haves on this car. I got it with the beryllium exterior and brick colored interior and people drool when they get inside. The snow button is great too. I could not imagine driving in the snow without it because the car has so much power.

The Backup Camera, NAV, and BOSE Sound system are all must have. The styling is the best without question. I am loving the brink interior.

Better Gas mileage and poor visibility hurt this car. Other than that it would be prefect.

120,000 miles and still smiling
By gardanzo

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Enchanted in the showroom, for some reason I can't explain I was not happy with this car for the first 40K miles. The original Goodyear tires were terrible, but otherwise, the car was fine. I just didn't bond emotionally with the car. Then I replaced the Goodyear's with Toyo's, and I began to love it. A few months ago I was in an accident, the other car ran a red light and hit the front fender. No one was hurt, and $9K later it was repaired, better than before. All the road chip damage from lots of freeway driving is now gone, replaced by a new bumper and grill, and the entire front-end repainted. I kind of wish something would wear out so I could rationalize buying a new Infiniti.

Quality and design. The ownership experience over 120K miles has been outstanding. I'll definitely purchase another Infiniti. If you're looking to purchase a used 2005 FX, you'll get a wonderful car for the money.

Two things I miss that appeared in the 2006 model are a backup camera and satellite radio. I purchased the sport model with 20" tires. Although cool, it's not really necessary.

Yea, but...
By geslou

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really nice vehicle but a ton of problems. Ignition coils (twice), catalytic converters (twice), tire pressure sensor, and interior lights. Love the looks and it's fun to drive but the reliability is suspect. (45kmiles)

Fun to drive.

Rear visibility needs improvement.

Just Not Good Enough
By TruthInKnowledge

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have similar problem to another post. My dashboard is blistering like a boy scout with poison ivy. I complained within the warranty period but service would not act on it. I should have sued. He said "No, never seen or heard of such a problem. You can bring it in when the factory rep is here, but he's not likely to do anything." I like the car in many ways, but when you get down to it, for the price, they just can't compete against Lexus because of the quality of service Lexus provides. My wife had a Lexus 11+ years and her interior looked great. When we had a problem with the A/C "out of warranty" they still replaced it because they said there were factory defects. THAT'S SERVICE.

Look and style. Handles very well.

Better build quality for the interior. Better response and relationship from service department. Cure horrible blind spots or include back-up camera as a standard.