2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
2005 FK35
By stairway351971 on 06/29/14 12:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just sold my 2005 fx35 fully loaded w/ 97000 miles to a dealer. I only got $9000 for the FX35. I did not want to sell the fx35 to a private party because the FX35 started using a quart of oil every 700 miles.

Best in its class...however
By nicholasangel on 12/25/13 23:36 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Explorer for this vehicle. I am very happy with everything about it. The style, the performance and simplicity of regular maintenance. Changing the driveline is very simple. Take bolts out, fill it with the proper fluids and put bolts back in. Other than the tranny, all fluids are available anywhere. Air filter is easy to change. Spark plugs are harder because of all the wires and the cover, but shouldn't take longer than an hour. BIGGEST problem of this vehicle is its valve covers (alot of them). They leak after 80K and you have to change them BOTH. With the cheapest options (you buy the parts, you get your buddy to install it), it will still cost you $600+. That sucks

Sporty with Headroom For A Crossover
By carlsbad2 on 08/15/13 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun Car never had any real repairs had the car for between 45000 and 94000 miles. Get the sports version has the silver rack on top and the larger tires seems to ride better than the other versions of this vehicle. Uses lots of gas around the city will average only about 16 MPG driving mellow. I am pretty tall with long legs and the car is comfortable. Cannot say that about too many.

Transmission failure at 96k
By jerrytc on 04/13/12 03:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my FX-35 from an Infiniti dealership with 29K almost five years ago. I now have 96K. In this time i have gone through two dash boards due to deffects in the material which was fixed by the dealerships, two tears in the side of the uphostery, a small plastic gear in the front seat controls has broken which is a $900 bill and now the transmission has failed. I took the car into the dealership for an unusual noise in the drive train and routine maintenace. i picked it up and it wouldn't shift into reverse without pressing down on the gas pedal. And then there are those horrible, horrible Bridgestone Potenza tires.

Supper Sport SUV
By mpop on 06/17/11 12:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Once you drive one you could only then understand the difference between sport design SUV’s like the FX35, FX45 or the BMW X6 and the rest of the SUV pack. I drive daily in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area and the FX is best equipped to be agile enough to zoom through heavy traffic more like a sport car then an SUV( more like a sedan on steroids). I have the 2005 FX35S sport package including the larger rims but the car does not need any additional sport features…..it breeds aggressive driving…300HP ….sport exhaust system. Supper cool interior (I have the light cream interior) with excellent attention to details ( M. Pop)

Fine Quality
By Elusive on 07/14/10 23:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my AWD FX35 for one year now and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I did replace the tires with what were on it from Kumho to Goodyear Fortera which I am very pleased with providing a stable ride on wet and dry pavement. It has tons of storage in the liftback. I love all the bells and whistles. I would highly recommend this car.

Hooked on the FX
By Hunter on 05/17/10 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a 1 1/2 years ago and I still love driving it. It was my first SUV but I must say it drives like a sports car. The BOSE stereo, Backup camera, and the NAV are must haves on this car. I got it with the beryllium exterior and brick colored interior and people drool when they get inside. The snow button is great too. I could not imagine driving in the snow without it because the car has so much power.

120,000 miles and still smiling
By gardanzo on 04/27/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Enchanted in the showroom, for some reason I can't explain I was not happy with this car for the first 40K miles. The original Goodyear tires were terrible, but otherwise, the car was fine. I just didn't bond emotionally with the car. Then I replaced the Goodyear's with Toyo's, and I began to love it. A few months ago I was in an accident, the other car ran a red light and hit the front fender. No one was hurt, and $9K later it was repaired, better than before. All the road chip damage from lots of freeway driving is now gone, replaced by a new bumper and grill, and the entire front-end repainted. I kind of wish something would wear out so I could rationalize buying a new Infiniti.

Yea, but...
By geslou on 12/18/09 13:18 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really nice vehicle but a ton of problems. Ignition coils (twice), catalytic converters (twice), tire pressure sensor, and interior lights. Love the looks and it's fun to drive but the reliability is suspect. (45kmiles)

Just Not Good Enough
By TruthInKnowledge on 10/16/09 07:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX35 SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have similar problem to another post. My dashboard is blistering like a boy scout with poison ivy. I complained within the warranty period but service would not act on it. I should have sued. He said "No, never seen or heard of such a problem. You can bring it in when the factory rep is here, but he's not likely to do anything." I like the car in many ways, but when you get down to it, for the price, they just can't compete against Lexus because of the quality of service Lexus provides. My wife had a Lexus 11+ years and her interior looked great. When we had a problem with the A/C "out of warranty" they still replaced it because they said there were factory defects. THAT'S SERVICE.