2004 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Review: Good Value and Cost of Ownersh

2004 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Good Value and Cost of Ownership
By Paul Harney on

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2004 FX-35 has severed me well over the 83,000 miles I have put on it over nearly five years. It has survived two idiots hitting it from behind, requiring only cosmetic repairs. Even now, after years of wear and tear, it holds the road very well for its shape [SUV] and higher center of gravity. The engine and power train still deliver its 280+ hp when called upon. Highway travel is pleasant and the twisting back roads of the area I live in still fun in this hybrid vehicle with its SUV styling and sports car innards. Highway/city gas mileage has remained constant at around 17.5 MPG. I have maintained a vigilant service schedule, all maintenance at or very nearly close to schedule.

Comfort and handling. An engine that can provide enough power to satisfy me when I ask for it, with a "grand touring" style ride. I enjoy driving. This car is fun to drive. The DVD system keeps the grand kids entertained. The XM radio and a twisty country road does the same for me.

Even in 2004 I would have liked to have seen native iPod and blue tooth support integrated in a luxury class vehicle like this one. The 3rd party DVD based updates for the NAV system are way too expensive for what little they provide [not that you have to purchase them].