Used 2004 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Fun, Fast, Massive disappointment - DON'T BUY INFINITI
By h_la

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have loved my FX. It's sporty and super capable. My problem is with their build quality and customer service. Infiniti used sub par material on their dashes and they bubble in the heat. It looks terrible, like a rash on the whole dashboard. Infiniti replaced it once 3 years ago. It was a recall but my service rep said he was doing it as a favor (and suggested his favorite brand of whiskey, which I unwittingly bought him as thanks). When this same problem occurred again 3 years later Infiniti says that it's no longer under warranty even though the warranty on the dash was changed to 8 years (and this one is only 3 years old). I can't stand to look at it now. DO NOT BUY INFINITI.

Favorite Features

Sporty, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better customer service.

Great car, BUT!!
By mike005

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's nice, fast, and fully loaded. BUT, buyer beware---These cars have a notorious "rattle" when starting the car, and it CAN'T be fixed; I know because I've spent thousands trying. This rattle is a problem with all Infiniti & Nissan vehicles that use this same motor. It makes your ride sound like total garbage. AND, the seats fall apart. They used a very poor quality piece along the edges of the seats that literally fall apart, and will cost you about $300 to fix, per seat. AND, the trim on the outside looks horrible after a few years; about $500 per door to fix ($2k total). AND the brakes have issues that can't be fixed.

Favorite Features

Fast, fun, functional, great for road trips with the family.

Suggested Improvements

Motor rattle (again, can't be fixed), seats, door trim on the outside, brakes.

Reliable
By billyp14

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car since 04' and it's still going. Had a few things done by the dealership due to faulty dash board and engine rockers. Only issue I seem to be having now is door actuators not working. These are little things that are bound to happen over years of having a car. It's been a good car to me and one of the best cars I've owned out of the 5 I've had. Ride is rough and can be a bit irritating especially after a long day. Changed the OEM tires to Yokohama Paradas and the ride is a lot smoother. All in all I'm happy I bought it.

Favorite Features

Handling, quickness, car-like feel. All the features the car has for a great price compared to other vehicles in the same bracket.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension. Quality of interior. Touch screen navigation.

Phenomenal Car- If you can afford it- GET IT!
By happydriver35

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely LOVE this car! Even though Inifniti makes great cars- Seems like they spent a lot more time on the FX. I own a 2004 Black FX35 with a beige interior.i was looking for a gray fx but glad i found this black one- looks so much more luxurious and sporty.18" Rims- still look large but better mpg than on 20" that the fx45 comes with. The rear has the dual exhaust pipes, little bit of chrome, stock spoiler over window, the led lights. the fog lights, the huge doors that make you feel like your driving a tank or something very safe and secure. wheels are wide and large and 18" rims look even larger because of how low and wide the car sits and looks. Love how sporty yet elegant and luxuri

Favorite Features

Exhaust sounds great! exterior/interior look fantastic! Love the hp and pull when you step on it. love how high the doors are- greater sense of security/safety. LED tail lights, 3 setting cruise control, sound system- love the BOSE sub. head light level switch inside. very large trunk, large wheels, sporty look and feel- how low and wide it looks, techtronic shifter, back-up camera with colored warning lines smoothness of the gears changing. low maintenence. just change the oil and hit the road.

Suggested Improvements

BIG: wish navi was touch screen. not really comfortable seats for long road trips. city mpg, SMALL: radio control buttons on steering wheel aren't illuminated. leather seats are very slippery

Best car I've ever owned
By Jim

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned by FX35 for 5 years now and have zero problems. I do maintain it and Infinity service ain't cheap, but its still quick, tight and the biggest problem is a small split in the drivers seat from my fat rear. My OEM tires lasted 78K miles, the snow feature got me through the recent DC blizzard, it handles like it'll little brother (Nissan 350Z). The stereo still rocks with a powerful subwoofer, no squeaks, paint still shines like new... I will keep this car forever.

Favorite Features

Very quick for it's weight. All wheel drive saved my life by preventing rollover... Not many cars can do that!

Suggested Improvements

none