2004 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
Fun, Fast, Massive disappointment - DON'T BUY INFINITI
By h_la on 10/28/13 20:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have loved my FX. It's sporty and super capable. My problem is with their build quality and customer service. Infiniti used sub par material on their dashes and they bubble in the heat. It looks terrible, like a rash on the whole dashboard. Infiniti replaced it once 3 years ago. It was a recall but my service rep said he was doing it as a favor (and suggested his favorite brand of whiskey, which I unwittingly bought him as thanks). When this same problem occurred again 3 years later Infiniti says that it's no longer under warranty even though the warranty on the dash was changed to 8 years (and this one is only 3 years old). I can't stand to look at it now. DO NOT BUY INFINITI.

Great car, BUT!!
By mike005 on 05/04/13 17:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's nice, fast, and fully loaded. BUT, buyer beware---These cars have a notorious "rattle" when starting the car, and it CAN'T be fixed; I know because I've spent thousands trying. This rattle is a problem with all Infiniti & Nissan vehicles that use this same motor. It makes your ride sound like total garbage. AND, the seats fall apart. They used a very poor quality piece along the edges of the seats that literally fall apart, and will cost you about $300 to fix, per seat. AND, the trim on the outside looks horrible after a few years; about $500 per door to fix ($2k total). AND the brakes have issues that can't be fixed.

Reliable
By billyp14 on 03/05/13 22:38 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car since 04' and it's still going. Had a few things done by the dealership due to faulty dash board and engine rockers. Only issue I seem to be having now is door actuators not working. These are little things that are bound to happen over years of having a car. It's been a good car to me and one of the best cars I've owned out of the 5 I've had. Ride is rough and can be a bit irritating especially after a long day. Changed the OEM tires to Yokohama Paradas and the ride is a lot smoother. All in all I'm happy I bought it.

Phenomenal Car- If you can afford it- GET IT!
By happydriver35 on 09/12/12 11:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely LOVE this car! Even though Inifniti makes great cars- Seems like they spent a lot more time on the FX. I own a 2004 Black FX35 with a beige interior.i was looking for a gray fx but glad i found this black one- looks so much more luxurious and sporty.18" Rims- still look large but better mpg than on 20" that the fx45 comes with. The rear has the dual exhaust pipes, little bit of chrome, stock spoiler over window, the led lights. the fog lights, the huge doors that make you feel like your driving a tank or something very safe and secure. wheels are wide and large and 18" rims look even larger because of how low and wide the car sits and looks. Love how sporty yet elegant and luxuri

Best car I've ever owned
By Jim on 01/24/10 04:11 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned by FX35 for 5 years now and have zero problems. I do maintain it and Infinity service ain't cheap, but its still quick, tight and the biggest problem is a small split in the drivers seat from my fat rear. My OEM tires lasted 78K miles, the snow feature got me through the recent DC blizzard, it handles like it'll little brother (Nissan 350Z). The stereo still rocks with a powerful subwoofer, no squeaks, paint still shines like new... I will keep this car forever.

Second Time Around
By Thomas on 01/14/10 15:17 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased a 2WD FX35 in 2004 and then traded it 18 months later for a much larger SUV due to a particular family circumstance at the time. I have missed the FX ever since. Circumstances have changed again and I was delighted to find a used 04 FX35 AWD with both the technology and touring packages. Showing 65,000 miles on the odometer, the FX is very bit as tight and responsive as the new '04 I leased several years ago. Handling, braking, accelerating, and that signature exhaust sound have taken me back to the vehicle that I have missed the most out of every other vehicle I have owned or leased - and there have been a lot of them. This is a drivers car that keeps you in touch with the road.

Incredible Vehicle
By Joseph on 11/05/09 07:26 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With just short of 50,000 miles on the odometer, the FX has been nothing but a thrill to own and drive. The power from the V-6 is enough to snap your neck, the interior is gorgeous in every way and the design of the exterior is still a category leader. Great engine, strong transmission and the AWD is amazing. The Bose system is great and the interior layout has been well thought out. Paint and fit are top quality.

Infiniti FX35 Disappoints
By Joe on 07/29/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nearing 5 year anniversary and 99,000 miles... time to call it quits. High cost to maintain. Great power, and handling but a rough ride. Good snow handling after replacing factory tires at 17k. Poor turning radius. Exhaust noise is tiring on the ears. Poor instrument layout AND function, lots of cheap plastic and rattles, frustrating air controls. Entire dash panel "Blistered" badly due to defective mfg or materials... no dealer or manufacturer support for this issue. Even with close maintenance, car is falling apart mechanically. Wheel bearings failed right off the lot, complete exhaust system rotted, and front end and steering shot. Will not buy Infiniti again. Price outruns reliability.

Good Value and Cost of Ownership
By Paul Harney on 06/26/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2004 FX-35 has severed me well over the 83,000 miles I have put on it over nearly five years. It has survived two idiots hitting it from behind, requiring only cosmetic repairs. Even now, after years of wear and tear, it holds the road very well for its shape [SUV] and higher center of gravity. The engine and power train still deliver its 280+ hp when called upon. Highway travel is pleasant and the twisting back roads of the area I live in still fun in this hybrid vehicle with its SUV styling and sports car innards. Highway/city gas mileage has remained constant at around 17.5 MPG. I have maintained a vigilant service schedule, all maintenance at or very nearly close to schedule.

Still Happy
By Still Happy on 04/19/09 14:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After five years (bought it new) I still love this car. I haven't had any mechanical problems at all (knock on wood). It performs like it did when I first brought it home. I don't know of any car owners, with the exception of Lexus, who can say the same about the same car performance and reliability. If and when this car dies, then I will consider buying another one.