2003 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Review: 130,000 miles near flawless!

2003 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

130,000 miles near flawless!
By boyracer3 on

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought CPO in 08 w 40K mi. I have always averaged 35-45K/yr. Usually switch cars every 6 mos-2 yrs. Have had difficulty finding cause with this car. Squeaking brakes have been a constant issue. My cd changer skips when it's cold $500 for rebuild and xm loses signal when it's hot. Those are the only problems I have had. Period. I've owned ford gm toy niss Honda Audi BMW vw & Porsche, the FX has been the most pleasant overall. Performance & handing are great. Service beats all others. Nav is better than 07 Audi or BMW. Also ave mixed 21 mpg and 25+ at 80mph.

Navigation is fantastic. Especially given it's vintage. Would gladly rip the infotainment console out of the FX and cram it in my wives BMW. Joystic control is more intuitive than scrolling with knobs Back up camera is second only to the Audi Q7. So easy to park tandem or underground. Sometimes I love the adaptive cruise but sometimes I wish I could turn it off. Mom's remote for rear DVD is nice feature as are wireless headphones. I love the way it handles. And even the 35 is really quick. I also love the styling, still. The rear cargo organizer accessory has been fantastic.

Wish that infinity had devised a retrofit solution for the brake squeak. I believe they fixed the flaw in subsequent years though. I'm on my third set of brakes; they squeak every time. I'm disappointed with the stereo malfunctions given it's age but it's a relatively inexpensive rebuild. The seats could be a little longer through the seat for better support. I'm over 6'-2" so I long for German's seating (legroom allowances) Would buy again and again if I didn't constantly crave change.