Used 2003 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

I'd buy it again
By Anica

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Itís a fun car. Believe it or not, I look forward to every ride because it's so comfortable and handles the road well... love it!

I don't have a favorite feature. I like the car and all the fun little gadgets it comes with.

The control panel is a bit clustered which makes it hard to find what you're looking for. You have to be careful of the rear view. And, itís not fuel efficient.

Not your typical SUV
By ib1surfer

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this vehicle new in 2003 and have been extremely satisified with its performance and handling. It surprised us that we could get great performance and handling from a vehicle of this size and still get a constant 20 mpg, on average, while cruising at 80 mph. We're on our 3rd set of tires and have 81k mi on the car and have switched from the stock 20" Goodyear RSAs to BFG KDWs. An excellent choice as they handle better and hold the road better when cornering. I find the FX35 fun to handle on winding mountain roads and use the manual mode to save the brakes. We put new rear brakes on at 75k and will put new fronts on at 82500k. Virtually no maint other than oil changes.

Style, handling, comfort and fuel economy for vehicle with this much power.

I can't think of any improvements I'd make to this vehicle a this time. It has been a great vehicle both in town and on the road.

Base FX35 is awesome
By ivorypearl

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a base 2003 FX35 on the lot that had been overlooked, and I'm so glad it had. Cloth interior, no sunroof, rarer than rare! I wish they still made FXes in cloth, but the 07 interiors are beautiful. This car is fun, safe, and stylish. RWD platform with the powerful Nissan VQ35DE motor allow for brisk pickup and great handling dynamics. This setup is also highly tunable (do a search for Stillen supercharged FX35). Even though it's RWD, with Blizzaks it works great in the snow. Reliability and owner satisfaction have been very high - I have an 07 G35S sedan on order!

Power, aesthetic design, handling, fit and finish, tunability, reliability, exhaust note/growl, and power!

Make a CD changer that doesn't skip in the cold. Everything else rocks!

FX 35 is a great car
By manny

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned an FX35 for four years now. I love this car. in the four years I have had no problems with it. I just add gas and change the oil regularly. it has been incredibly reliable. It is a great car for long road trips. It is extremely comfortable and it has a killer sound system (I got the upgrade to the 11- speaker system). I have three dogs and we go hiking very often. I put them easily in the back of the car. there's a ton of room when you fold down the seats flat. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

Design (interior and exterior) Reliability Comfort

Bluetooth and MP3 support are a must these days in high end cars. it needs more technology. How about a hard drive already in it and Wi-Fi so i can download songs or movies from my home computer to my car?

Over 100,000 miles and just like new
By sandman

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car continues to perform as well as when I first purchased it, and it was superb then. I have the 18 inch wheels and RWD. At 6'4" and 250 lbs, the space and comfort has been great. I do alot of highway driving and have averaged 23 mpg since it was purchased. Have followed the regularly scheduled maintenance at dealer and the car just keeps on going. I also get it detailed every two weeks and the finish still looks new. Driving any distance is very comfortable in this car. The dealer pays attention to all the details and has always provided great service. I'll get another FX35 someday, but this one is still going strong.

Comfortable, sporty ride, sound system, acceleration, the cool look of the car, long term performance, better than expected gas mileage, and the way that performance has stayed at such a high level, even after 100,000 miles.

The only little thing has been a sort of grating noise when the dash and steering wheel moves back to position after the car has been sitting in the hot Florida sun for a day. Dealer was unable to provide a fix, and the noise only occurs when you first start the car

• SUV