2003 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
A Fun Way to Drive
By N. Palm on 05/31/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most enjoyable car that I have owned or leased. Handling is great and it has sufficient guts to move right along. (It would more fun it were offered with a stick) There have been no maintenance issues at all, the dealership is wonderful to deal with with loaner cars readily available when I have service which has always been minimal. The DVD player is great for my granchildren (especially with the headphones). I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. This auto is leased and my daughter's boyfriend is buying it at the end of the lease next month. I am leasing a new FX35 because I enjoyed ths one so much.

Think before you buy
By vivek on 05/22/06 08:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My FX35 has more rattles than any vehicle I have owned (which include Acura, Audi, Volvo, Honda etc). Every week there is something annoying - rattle of the week. Problems with driver seat which the dealer can't fix. Problem with alignment of the headlight which dealer can't fix. Busted stereo and CD player. Problem with rear-seat belt. When I take the car through a carwash, water leaks in. The paint on this vehicle is paper thin - slightest nick and it chips off and rusts in less than few weeks. The vehicle is a pain to maintain. Repeated brake problems. Very stiff ride. The build and mechanical quality is bad enough that this will be my last Infinity. And city fuel economy of 16mp!!

pretty Good
By merlin on 05/19/06 20:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Qualitywise, this is the best car I've ever owned. Three years old and not a bit of trouble or need to see the dealer: it;s bulletproof. My only beef concerns the poorly placed seat controls for driver and passenger (on the horizontal seating surface)which digs into your thigh. It has been repositioned on the 2006. Fun to drive,corners like it's on rails, and I got 21 mpg in 2 hours at 65 mph today.

Luvin my FX35!!
By Joretta on 04/30/06 03:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly a pleasure to drive and own. I have arthritis and have to have a truly comfortable car and this is my 3rd Infiniti. Truly a cut above the rest!!

Break out your kidney belt!
By Dvick on 04/26/06 23:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my FX35 new in -03... had the first one in town. Not a day went by in the first 3-4 months that someone didn't stop me to ask about or comment what a cool car... now for the bad stuff, of which there's very little. -Ride is so stiff with 20" wheels that it'll make yout teeth chatter -squeak in the driver's door can't be fixed by dealer, they only made it worse. In all, great car, great looks, great performance, so-so gas mileage of 16/20. I love driving it, except when my bladder's full, due to the violent ride characteristics. But if you can handle that, you'll love the car and the attention you get.... which has been more than my buddie's Porsche Cayenne S- he's upset!

Love this Car
By San Diegan on 03/13/06 16:40 PM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I no longer have any car-envy. I would rather drive this car than any car selling for less than $70k. It oozes style; it has bells and whistles that I never knew existed - but now can't live without (keyless entry/ignition); it's a hoot to drive - especially in corners; and is very comfortable. The ride is harsh, but what do you expect from the sport package? In my opinion chrome trim looks better than more expensive wood in other cars. The center arm rest in the 2003 model seems cheap, flimsy and out of place in such a nice car. Also, the similar Murano has more trays and cubbies for your gear. I almost went with the Murano for that reason but stuch with the FX for the style points.

This is a Great vehicle
By Beth on 03/01/06 20:09 PM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our FX after our Lincoln Town car burned up our house. We didn't know what we wanted, but were looking at the carmax lot. As we were about done, having not found anything we were interested in, I looked at the suv's and saw this FX. I had never seen one before and we thought it looked interesting. We test drove it and fell in love with it. This is a great vehicle. Lots of people inquire about it. We get lots of looks. It is a very unique vehicle and I enjoy it immensely. Drives great on the snow and ice as well!

Copper Comet
By Sweet Ride on 02/20/06 00:26 AM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Super sweet ride, but powerful, sleek. Definitely will turn heads. Everyone who has rode in it says how sweet it is. Can hug the corners, and is a quick 280 HP.

My Impulsive Buy Was A Great Decision!
By Lucy on 02/18/06 21:19 PM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I hate buying a new car. Dreading the idea of it, I had come to Infiniti to look at the G35 sedab when someone drove by with the FX35! I literally followed the car not just with my eyes; my whole body turned as it passed by. It was love at first sight. i never get this way about cars. It still excites me 3 years later when I see it parked on the street or one drives past. The design is daring...a bold departure from other vehicles of it's type.

It excels on every count....
By DiamondFX on 02/04/06 18:20 PM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, after owning both sedans and sport utes (Grand Cherokee, Montero SR, Expedition, ML430, and Murano), I have finally found a vehicle that delivers on all counts. I almost found it with the Murano (great looks, mpg, handling), but the CVT did not give me the performance I was looking for. It was almost too smooth. I picked up an AWD FX35 right after that. My driving is a mix of daily commute, kid hauling, and weekend work. In addition, we had a cabin in the mountains that we were decorating. I added a hitch to the FX for bike, but it pulled a loaded trailer up gravel hills of the mountain with no issue at all. I also installed the XM radio (love how Infiniti lets you choose).