2003 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
130,000 miles near flawless!
By boyracer3 on 01/09/11 05:18 AM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought CPO in 08 w 40K mi. I have always averaged 35-45K/yr. Usually switch cars every 6 mos-2 yrs. Have had difficulty finding cause with this car. Squeaking brakes have been a constant issue. My cd changer skips when it's cold $500 for rebuild and xm loses signal when it's hot. Those are the only problems I have had. Period. I've owned ford gm toy niss Honda Audi BMW vw & Porsche, the FX has been the most pleasant overall. Performance & handing are great. Service beats all others. Nav is better than 07 Audi or BMW. Also ave mixed 21 mpg and 25+ at 80mph.

Buy it used
By hasai on 12/28/10 17:59 PM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never dreamed I would be driving this type of vehicle but have come away impressed with most everything about it. Never like the looks but have grown to appreciate it...I don't ever get tired of looking at it. What's impressive is how well it's put together and how smooth it is. The driveline is unbelievable and the sound of the engine is simply awesome. The suspension soaks up the bumps nicely and you always feel in control. It handles like it's on rails and cannot be appreciated until you get into another vehicle. It's for people that want sports car like handling without the penalty. Has plenty of room but limited height due to it's shape. Overall, a great vehicle!

IF Lease, Yes, If Buy NO!
By david on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My suspicion for all the lovers of this car is that they haven't hit 100 or 110k miles. Mine overheated. Changed every part in the cooling system(cap, thermostat, water pump, radiator) and now they are going to tear down the engine. Search online for "2003 FX35 overheating" and you will find many of us who needed new blocks or engines at $6 to $8k. this is not what I expected from a "reliable" car company like Nissan. Never again. However, it's a great car to drive and if you plan to turn it back in after 60k miles, Go for it! But don't keep it or buy used.

Disappointed
By William on 06/25/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car new in southern California. After five years of the door lock fails intermittently depending on ambient temperature. Leather seat splits at the most unusual area. Fuel gauge does not function properly and the dash board starts to blister and bubble. Not to mention the power rear view mirror does not readjust properly at times. My Honda Accord of 10 years never had these problems! I applaud infiniti for fixing some of the problem at no cost, but still it is a nuisance. The infiniti experience is a bit tainted based on these events.

Owner Loyalty
By jonieheffner on 08/08/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was love at first sight for me on the Infinity FX35, this car really does look much later than it is. It is six years old and without any problem. It has been on Reno/Tahoe/NoCa/Interstate 80 in the snow blizzards lots of times. And you are safe in this car, my Mother has used it for mountain/snowy trips, she fell in love with it. This would be the safest- fastest car for your loved ones. And the GPS got me all around metro San Antonio and I get lost easily. When this reaches 200,000 another one will be purchased. And I have not forgot just how gorgeous this car is...and with inner beauty.

No regrets
By John on 07/10/09 21:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used Sport edition with 26K miles and have overall been very satisfied at 53K. More or less a full-size wagon, it is fun to drive with decent cargo space. Was a little concerned since 2003 was first model year, but only issue has been one fuse replacement that was not really expensive to address. CD player has become jammed, but mostly use ipod and satellite radio. Have only used regular fuel, but acceleration has been solid. Although now seven years old, exterior styling is timeless (which I think is better than 09 body style change). Would definitely recommend to anyone dealing with dual child seats and does not want or need huge SUV or minivan.

Tellin' it Like It Is
By Hard to Please ... on 02/27/08 01:20 AM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was "love at first sight". Almost as soon as I saw the FX35 I had to have it. I love the design inside and out. My ownership experience has been exceptional. I purchased it new in 2003 and haven't regretted it one bit. Handles outstandingly well whether the road is wet or dry. Scores very high on crash tests. Fuel economy is good. Fun to drive. Very reliable and comfortable. After owning it 5 years I'm tellin' it like it is: The FX35 is a quality vehicle.

Liked it so much I'm getting another
By Going for number 2 on 01/17/08 11:26 AM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving my 2003 FX35 for four years and have loved it so much that I'm getting a 2008. It has always been a head turner, and is so comfortable, safe, and fun to drive that I can justify the poor gas mileage and skimpy cargo space. I have gotten a roof cargo carrier for trips. The 2008 has some great new features, backup camera, keyless entry, bluetooth. It handles great in bad weather, is solid as a rock(I have never hydroplaned) and my bad back never hurts, even on long trips because of the extremely comfortable and heated seats! I don't want to drive anything else!!

Recalls & Reliability Issues
By James on 12/06/07 16:26 PM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my FX35 brand new in May '03 and it currently has only 58000 miles on it. With the car came a number of recalls, more trips to the dealer than I can count, and recently a $2000 rack and pinion steering failure and repair (no longer under warranty!). While the service rep was good, I know it's just the start of more and bigger problems to come. My only alternative is to get rid of the car. I don't intend to sound dramatic about this, but I will never purchase another Infiniti. My overall experience was unexpectedly poor and my experpience with the Infiniti Consumer Affairs office was even worse.

'03 FX35 Sport Tech
By Bob on 11/07/07 07:04 AM (PST)

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Couldn't be happier. Leased it for 3 years and couldn't part with it so I bought it off the lease. Held its value nicely - 65% of sticker after 3 years (73% of what I paid). Tightest vehicle I've ever owned - including a BMW 3 series sedan - which is the benchmark for tightness. It's the best of both worlds - perfomance and utility.