Used 2003 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Infiniti Fx35 - Consumer Reviews

2003 Infiniti FX35

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

130,000 miles near flawless!
By boyracer3

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought CPO in 08 w 40K mi. I have always averaged 35-45K/yr. Usually switch cars every 6 mos-2 yrs. Have had difficulty finding cause with this car. Squeaking brakes have been a constant issue. My cd changer skips when it's cold $500 for rebuild and xm loses signal when it's hot. Those are the only problems I have had. Period. I've owned ford gm toy niss Honda Audi BMW vw & Porsche, the FX has been the most pleasant overall. Performance & handing are great. Service beats all others. Nav is better than 07 Audi or BMW. Also ave mixed 21 mpg and 25+ at 80mph.

Favorite Features

Navigation is fantastic. Especially given it's vintage. Would gladly rip the infotainment console out of the FX and cram it in my wives BMW. Joystic control is more intuitive than scrolling with knobs Back up camera is second only to the Audi Q7. So easy to park tandem or underground. Sometimes I love the adaptive cruise but sometimes I wish I could turn it off. Mom's remote for rear DVD is nice feature as are wireless headphones. I love the way it handles. And even the 35 is really quick. I also love the styling, still. The rear cargo organizer accessory has been fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Wish that infinity had devised a retrofit solution for the brake squeak. I believe they fixed the flaw in subsequent years though. I'm on my third set of brakes; they squeak every time. I'm disappointed with the stereo malfunctions given it's age but it's a relatively inexpensive rebuild. The seats could be a little longer through the seat for better support. I'm over 6'-2" so I long for German's seating (legroom allowances) Would buy again and again if I didn't constantly crave change.

Buy it used
By hasai

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never dreamed I would be driving this type of vehicle but have come away impressed with most everything about it. Never like the looks but have grown to appreciate it...I don't ever get tired of looking at it. What's impressive is how well it's put together and how smooth it is. The driveline is unbelievable and the sound of the engine is simply awesome. The suspension soaks up the bumps nicely and you always feel in control. It handles like it's on rails and cannot be appreciated until you get into another vehicle. It's for people that want sports car like handling without the penalty. Has plenty of room but limited height due to it's shape. Overall, a great vehicle!

Favorite Features

Handling, power, elevated driver's height

Suggested Improvements

More cargo space out back, fuel economy, reclining rear seats.

IF Lease, Yes, If Buy NO!
By david

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My suspicion for all the lovers of this car is that they haven't hit 100 or 110k miles. Mine overheated. Changed every part in the cooling system(cap, thermostat, water pump, radiator) and now they are going to tear down the engine. Search online for "2003 FX35 overheating" and you will find many of us who needed new blocks or engines at $6 to $8k. this is not what I expected from a "reliable" car company like Nissan. Never again. However, it's a great car to drive and if you plan to turn it back in after 60k miles, Go for it! But don't keep it or buy used.

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior. Sexy Exterior, tight handling, nice engine growl, fun to drive like an SUV sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Recall the 2003 engine!

Disappointed
By William

2003 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car new in southern California. After five years of the door lock fails intermittently depending on ambient temperature. Leather seat splits at the most unusual area. Fuel gauge does not function properly and the dash board starts to blister and bubble. Not to mention the power rear view mirror does not readjust properly at times. My Honda Accord of 10 years never had these problems! I applaud infiniti for fixing some of the problem at no cost, but still it is a nuisance. The infiniti experience is a bit tainted based on these events.

Favorite Features

Handling, outward vision

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage and rear-ward visibility

Owner Loyalty
By jonieheffner

2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was love at first sight for me on the Infinity FX35, this car really does look much later than it is. It is six years old and without any problem. It has been on Reno/Tahoe/NoCa/Interstate 80 in the snow blizzards lots of times. And you are safe in this car, my Mother has used it for mountain/snowy trips, she fell in love with it. This would be the safest- fastest car for your loved ones. And the GPS got me all around metro San Antonio and I get lost easily. When this reaches 200,000 another one will be purchased. And I have not forgot just how gorgeous this car is...and with inner beauty.

Favorite Features

Roll stability, crunch zone, door reinforcements, lots of airbags, utility space, very fast.

Suggested Improvements

...more colors.