2011 Infiniti FX 3.5L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Ride, but needs a

2011 Infiniti FX - Consumer Review

2011 Infiniti FX FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Great Ride, but needs a couple tweaks
By zjk on

2011 Infiniti FX FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I picked up my FX the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and have just over 1000 miles on it. The seats are extremely comfortable, the ride is great, it is very quiet, but a couple things bother me. Compared to my 2007 Acura MDX (my other vehicle) the voice recognition system is clumsy, especially when it comes to making phone calls. The other thing that bothers me, and this may be petty, is that the center arm rest is too short. I always drive with my left arm on the arm rest. With the arm rest being a bit short or too far back, my elbow rests wrong and it is a bit uncomfortable. Other than that that, I really like the truck.

Favorite Features

Front seats, styling and performance. The stereo system and the ability to tag favorite songs and bands is cool. Allows you to be advised your favorite music is playing on another station. The proximity sensors and camera system are also great.

Suggested Improvements

Longer, or a sliding center arm rest. A more intuitive voice recognition system. It takes 4 voice commands to make a phone call. Fuel efficiency could be better. Similar class vehicles get 2-5 mpg better mileage.