2011 Infiniti FX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX model:
Fun to drive, but...
By zjk on 07/20/11 09:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti FX SUV FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Performance, comfort, reliability, design - all great. However, it is the luxury items that disappoint. First, the cooled seats are very hit or miss. Some days I can really feel the cooling, other days, in only a dri-fit shirt and shorts - can't feel a thing. The navigation - while it looks great, Infiniti has done a poor job in translating the data into the GPS system. I have had many addresses, some in major towns, others in minor, not show up. And what good is a GPS system when you already know where you are going? Finally, the Bluetooth is average, at best. I constantly get comments from people that they can barely hear or understand me. Love the ride, not so much the "luxury"

Comfy, all the time
By ogashige on 06/24/11 12:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti FX SUV FX50 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Very fun to drive. Sometimes dull while driving at 50-60 mph. This car is good at driving fast, 70 or above. Acceleration is good. Braking is good. Cornering is nice. Infiniti should consider the cargo space. Not roomy. Lane departure warning is nice, but sometimes does not recognize the lane on the road. We can expect the improvement in the future. Rain sensing wiper, auto headlamps are very convenient, yet no day- light driving lamp.

is this luxury or sport
By inflex on 06/09/11 10:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti FX SUV FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

got the 2011 fx35 for 50 grand. The color is nice, interior is nice, the could have included wood trim, the wheels look small 18" of course, could've made 20", wanted me to waste 3000 more grand for them. The car has amazing pe rformance, plus it's very fun to drive. The 11 speaker Bose system is okay, it works great in the front, but i wonder if the rear back speakers aren't supposed to work loud. The seats are comfy. The passenger has on 8 way instead of 10. Passenger has no lumbar support whatsoever. There is no 6 cd changer. No rain sensing wipers. The ride is smooth, with nice exhaust noise from the back. I dont know if the car has active head restraints with adaptive front headlights.

Fast, nimble, comfortable.
By ogashige on 05/03/11 10:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti FX SUV FX50 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I stepped up from Audi Allroad. Allroad was good car, 70 mph cruising was nice. When I drive FX50 at 70, I feel boring. Kick the gas pedal and driving 80-90, yes, this car is much better. Stopping, cornering, nice. I feel very comfortable all the time.

Great Ride, but needs a couple tweaks
By zjk on 12/15/10 10:57 AM (PST)

2011 Infiniti FX SUV FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I picked up my FX the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and have just over 1000 miles on it. The seats are extremely comfortable, the ride is great, it is very quiet, but a couple things bother me. Compared to my 2007 Acura MDX (my other vehicle) the voice recognition system is clumsy, especially when it comes to making phone calls. The other thing that bothers me, and this may be petty, is that the center arm rest is too short. I always drive with my left arm on the arm rest. With the arm rest being a bit short or too far back, my elbow rests wrong and it is a bit uncomfortable. Other than that that, I really like the truck.

Fx 35 AWD mid nigh mocha fully loaded
By Nick on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Infiniti FX SUV FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have the car for one week so far, read lots of review before settle for the Fx, was interest in BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne, but decide on the infiniti for best bang for the buck. Not disappointed, the big tires are awesome, and the grunt of the engine along with the power it deliver makes me anxious in a good way. The car just lurch forward. If I don't mindful, would be speeding any time. Glendale Infiniti around my house provide excellent service, they dig out the color for me while some dealer ask me to comprise. They also give me a good interest rate and did not quote a high price to negotiate so I did not have to waste time negotiating. I check price around several dealerships.

We have Two, a 2008 and the new 2011
By Robert0418 on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti FX SUV FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We have had a number of Fx 35s the one we traded for the 2011 had 120 K miles on it. The 2008 was a great vehicle with unbelievable reliability and quality, the 2011 is new with low mileage but it's already proving to be a better vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Infiniti FX Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*