Used 2011 Infiniti FX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Infiniti Fx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX model:

Fun to drive, but...
By zjk

2011 Infiniti FX FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Performance, comfort, reliability, design - all great. However, it is the luxury items that disappoint. First, the cooled seats are very hit or miss. Some days I can really feel the cooling, other days, in only a dri-fit shirt and shorts - can't feel a thing. The navigation - while it looks great, Infiniti has done a poor job in translating the data into the GPS system. I have had many addresses, some in major towns, others in minor, not show up. And what good is a GPS system when you already know where you are going? Finally, the Bluetooth is average, at best. I constantly get comments from people that they can barely hear or understand me. Love the ride, not so much the "luxury"

Favorite Features

Performance, comfort and the stying

Suggested Improvements

Cooled seats that cool, GPS that works and a Bluetooth system that is easier to use and has better quality (for the party I am speaking to)

Comfy, all the time
By ogashige

2011 Infiniti FX FX50 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Very fun to drive. Sometimes dull while driving at 50-60 mph. This car is good at driving fast, 70 or above. Acceleration is good. Braking is good. Cornering is nice. Infiniti should consider the cargo space. Not roomy. Lane departure warning is nice, but sometimes does not recognize the lane on the road. We can expect the improvement in the future. Rain sensing wiper, auto headlamps are very convenient, yet no day- light driving lamp.

Favorite Features

Technology package. Touch screen navi system. Very easy to input. Bluetooth connection, audio too.

Suggested Improvements

Cargo area. Organizing tool, rails would be necessary. Cargo net is useless.

is this luxury or sport
By inflex

2011 Infiniti FX FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

got the 2011 fx35 for 50 grand. The color is nice, interior is nice, the could have included wood trim, the wheels look small 18" of course, could've made 20", wanted me to waste 3000 more grand for them. The car has amazing pe rformance, plus it's very fun to drive. The 11 speaker Bose system is okay, it works great in the front, but i wonder if the rear back speakers aren't supposed to work loud. The seats are comfy. The passenger has on 8 way instead of 10. Passenger has no lumbar support whatsoever. There is no 6 cd changer. No rain sensing wipers. The ride is smooth, with nice exhaust noise from the back. I dont know if the car has active head restraints with adaptive front headlights.

Favorite Features

ride, sound, style, price

Suggested Improvements

make 10 way power seats with lmbr support for passenger too. make rain sensing wipers.

Fast, nimble, comfortable.
By ogashige

2011 Infiniti FX FX50 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I stepped up from Audi Allroad. Allroad was good car, 70 mph cruising was nice. When I drive FX50 at 70, I feel boring. Kick the gas pedal and driving 80-90, yes, this car is much better. Stopping, cornering, nice. I feel very comfortable all the time.

Favorite Features

Navi is better than BMW. Around view is fantastic. Distance control is helpful.

Suggested Improvements

Daytime light should be needed. I miss the steering wheel heater. Gas mileage is OK, 18.2 mph (over 800 miles), but needs improvement as always.

Great Ride, but needs a couple tweaks
By zjk

2011 Infiniti FX FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I picked up my FX the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and have just over 1000 miles on it. The seats are extremely comfortable, the ride is great, it is very quiet, but a couple things bother me. Compared to my 2007 Acura MDX (my other vehicle) the voice recognition system is clumsy, especially when it comes to making phone calls. The other thing that bothers me, and this may be petty, is that the center arm rest is too short. I always drive with my left arm on the arm rest. With the arm rest being a bit short or too far back, my elbow rests wrong and it is a bit uncomfortable. Other than that that, I really like the truck.

Favorite Features

Front seats, styling and performance. The stereo system and the ability to tag favorite songs and bands is cool. Allows you to be advised your favorite music is playing on another station. The proximity sensors and camera system are also great.

Suggested Improvements

Longer, or a sliding center arm rest. A more intuitive voice recognition system. It takes 4 voice commands to make a phone call. Fuel efficiency could be better. Similar class vehicles get 2-5 mpg better mileage.