2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EX35 model:
What a solid well balanced machine
By ronkent on 05/12/14 19:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had been looking for the smallest most luxurious SUV on the market and sort of stumbled upon the EX35. Bought a 2010 from CarMax in Jan. 2014 and have enjoyed it so much. I truly cannot even imagine driving a more refined, comfortable, practical (I have no kids), good looking, quick vehicle. When the tires wear down I am going to upgrade to bigger wheels and better tires to improve the handling. I like everything about this car and have no complaints other that the so so gas mileage. Unless something weird happens, I plan to own this for a long time.

Not so impressed
By kibbs on 02/09/14 14:45 PM (PST)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

4 Year lease, last 2 I have been anxiously waiting to take it back. 4WD system is horribly intrusive I find myself turning off VCD if there is any snow at all. And to do that you have to hunt below your knees on the lower dash. The snow switch I swear is nothing more than decoration. Has to be the slowest shifting transmission since GM's 2 speed slush box. Comfort wise it is ok, engine is powerful but gets no where near the suggested MPG even if you were to drive downhill with a tailwind. For the price I expected more and am really sorry I ever leased the thing.

Update to previous review
By ihateteeth on 12/09/12 06:08 AM (PST)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My previous review, entitled "hugely flawed" now need updating. My wife's EX went in for a service and for attention to the gearbox. She had mentioned the problem to the service department on two occasions and was fobbed off with "it's the car, it's normal", a somewhat typical reaction to females in an automotive environment. This time the service representative I dealt with was more positive. "Sounds like it needs the software upgrade". That is what was done and, guess what... tons more response. It now feels like her 2008 EX. Quick and ultra-responsive with no silly down changes. It's a shame the dealer didn't offer this first time round; perhaps it wasn't available. Very happy.

Hugely flawed, backwards step.
By ihateteeth on 11/24/12 07:40 AM (PST)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife owned a 2008 EX35 and only changed because the lease was ending. It was a truly excellent car, particularly its responsiveness. Due to our financial situation she had problems trying to move to a different manufacturer. She was pre-approved for finance by Infiniti so another EX35 was a logical step. We both loved the original car anyway. Having just read reviews of the FX35, I didn't realize why her new car was so poor. Put your foot down to enter the interstate and nothing happens, absolutely nothing. I thought maybe she just had a substandard car but now I see all these issues regarding the new transmission and Infiniti are not interested. Never again.

Seasoned Audi owner switches to the EX 35
By rockyf on 03/10/11 19:53 PM (PST)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove Audi's for 12 years; after looking at the Q5, Acura, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota & Ford decided on the EX35, and have never looked back. Fun to drive, classy interior, tight fit & finish, cozy cabin, retro clock, warm leather, wood accents, the works! Was surprised that the XM nav, weather & traffic require separate purchases after 3 months. Mileage isn't what they promise or other reviews mention. Had one problem within a week of purchase with a rear "clunk" when going over a bump which Infiniti immediately repaired. Storage is fine for short trips or 2 passengers. I would recommend the car to anyone. Bubye Audi!

Love this car!
By onionring1 on 01/16/11 10:45 AM (PST)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I decided to wait one full year from purchase to give an accurate review of this car. On every level this car has been an absolute joy to drive! Beautiful interior and exterior design, rock solid construction, outstanding performance and handling. After 13k miles, not one problem to report. This is such a well engineered vehicle, I love riding in this car! Riding on snow was effortless thanks to the auto AWD. The all around view monitor is a great feature that is extremely useful when in reverse. When it comes to designing useful features, as well as interior and exterior styling, the engineers at Infiniti are in a class by themselves.

Giving Back
By Smith on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After spending diligence researching all the competitors within edmunds: Q5, X3, GLK, RDX, etc and driving ALL of them; as expected, each had their +/- and all hovered in the basic model around $35K. When you start adding options such as Bluetooth (standard in the GLK) and navigation the price differentials started to show significantly. The packages all contained features that you may or may not want however to get X you had to buy Y. IMO, the Q5 and EX35 drove the best. The ease of buttons and intuitiveness of the layout combined with multiple features leaned towards the EX.Couldn't pass on the price with every option- 43K MSRP got it for 35K. Not a chance at that price with the big boys.

Love it!
By Marykate on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased just what I wanted! It is not too low or too high to get into. Drives like a dream and I have had not issues, not one. I would recommend to anyone who does not plan on having children for the long haul. I did have two car seats, and also hauled a rug in this thing. Not any complaints. Love it!

Point & Shoot
By Lucy on 06/12/10 05:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Exceptional value with blistering performance. Even without the deal we squeezed out on this car it's still preferred over the X-3 and GLK. Feels like it's carved out of solid steel. Bose tunes will drown out the hip hoppers at the stop light. Handles the road without visible effort, just point and shoot and it goes where you tell it. I'm sure the 2011 model will roll in soon with the 3.7 liter and 7 speed transmission from the G but the current configuration is way more than you'll ever need so we pulled the triggr on this one. Gorgeous Dark Currant with Wheat and wheel package. Around view camera is the killer ap. Paid $36.6K vs $42.8 invoice. Can't wait for the next road trip.

Classy Sport-Luxury
By Yibbitt on 06/07/10 05:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car hauls! Fast. Powerful. Sexy. Edgy. Its a high energy joy ride that stops only when you turn it off to park it. With out a doubt its a pleasure to drive. It is thirsty though.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Infiniti EX35 Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*