Used 2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Infiniti Ex35 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV

View reviews for a specific EX35 model:

What a solid well balanced machine
By ronkent

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had been looking for the smallest most luxurious SUV on the market and sort of stumbled upon the EX35. Bought a 2010 from CarMax in Jan. 2014 and have enjoyed it so much. I truly cannot even imagine driving a more refined, comfortable, practical (I have no kids), good looking, quick vehicle. When the tires wear down I am going to upgrade to bigger wheels and better tires to improve the handling. I like everything about this car and have no complaints other that the so so gas mileage. Unless something weird happens, I plan to own this for a long time.

Favorite Features

interior, rear view camera, steering wheel, dash board clock, four doors, easy to drive, quick, very comfortable

Not so impressed
By kibbs

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

4 Year lease, last 2 I have been anxiously waiting to take it back. 4WD system is horribly intrusive I find myself turning off VCD if there is any snow at all. And to do that you have to hunt below your knees on the lower dash. The snow switch I swear is nothing more than decoration. Has to be the slowest shifting transmission since GM's 2 speed slush box. Comfort wise it is ok, engine is powerful but gets no where near the suggested MPG even if you were to drive downhill with a tailwind. For the price I expected more and am really sorry I ever leased the thing.

Suggested Improvements

Make the thing a true all wheel drive, certainly could not get worse gas mileage than it does with it's current config. Add some hill assist along with it. Nav needs improvement my iPhone can do more. Weight the car closer 50/50 it is way too light in the ass end. 2010 had a 5 speed tranny, the FX had a 7 should have been same.

Update to previous review
By ihateteeth

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My previous review, entitled "hugely flawed" now need updating. My wife's EX went in for a service and for attention to the gearbox. She had mentioned the problem to the service department on two occasions and was fobbed off with "it's the car, it's normal", a somewhat typical reaction to females in an automotive environment. This time the service representative I dealt with was more positive. "Sounds like it needs the software upgrade". That is what was done and, guess what... tons more response. It now feels like her 2008 EX. Quick and ultra-responsive with no silly down changes. It's a shame the dealer didn't offer this first time round; perhaps it wasn't available. Very happy.

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior, excellent fit and finish, very responsive (now). Smooth engine. A perfect blend of a small SUV with sports sedan performance. Infiniti have redeemed themselves.

Suggested Improvements

As with many manufacturers these days, to get the features you want you have to buy features you don't. Infiniti ned to give customers more choice. Bring the EX37 out for even more performance. Otherwise, happy as Larry.

Hugely flawed, backwards step.
By ihateteeth

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife owned a 2008 EX35 and only changed because the lease was ending. It was a truly excellent car, particularly its responsiveness. Due to our financial situation she had problems trying to move to a different manufacturer. She was pre-approved for finance by Infiniti so another EX35 was a logical step. We both loved the original car anyway. Having just read reviews of the FX35, I didn't realize why her new car was so poor. Put your foot down to enter the interstate and nothing happens, absolutely nothing. I thought maybe she just had a substandard car but now I see all these issues regarding the new transmission and Infiniti are not interested. Never again.

Favorite Features

Interior and quality of materials

Suggested Improvements

Put the old transmission back in. The new one is a complete joke.

Seasoned Audi owner switches to the EX 35
By rockyf

2010 Infiniti EX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove Audi's for 12 years; after looking at the Q5, Acura, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota & Ford decided on the EX35, and have never looked back. Fun to drive, classy interior, tight fit & finish, cozy cabin, retro clock, warm leather, wood accents, the works! Was surprised that the XM nav, weather & traffic require separate purchases after 3 months. Mileage isn't what they promise or other reviews mention. Had one problem within a week of purchase with a rear "clunk" when going over a bump which Infiniti immediately repaired. Storage is fine for short trips or 2 passengers. I would recommend the car to anyone. Bubye Audi!

Favorite Features

Cool sonar & birds eye parking cams. Awesome Premium interior with Boze sound. Keyless start allows cabin lights to go on where you're within 3 feet of the car. Keyless entry, buttons on the exterior doorknobs instead.

Suggested Improvements

The Bluetooth/phone and NAV require a lot of key strokes. Does not seem to be intuitive. The window sticker specified a compass on the rearview mirror but there isn't. It should be -- the map compass icon is very hard to interpret as you have to use the reciprocal. No locks on the rear doors, so driver has to unlock them. Mileage is weak, and the service dept admitted as much.