Used 2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific EX35 model:

Best Small Crossover
By silverblue

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Feels like a bigger vehicle while you're driving.Coming from a Nissan Murano, I can say it feels like driving a rocket ship.Totally beautiful inside and out.Quality and craftsmanship unsurpassed by any other manufacturer.It was worth paying a little more.

Favorite Features

Surround view camera, bluetooth, iPod connection. Music box & voice recognition.

Suggested Improvements

Could make getting in and out of the back seat easier.

This is "The 4 Door Sports Car" !!
By Bob, Tupelo MS

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you're looking for a car that is fast, has great handling, is smooth riding, comfortable and super quiet - This is the car for you! After 6 months I still can't wait to hop in it each morning to head for work. I have owned 35 cars and this is as much fun as a sports car without the punishing ride and all of the other drawbacks. It also looks great and has plenty of room to haul things with the rear seats down. Yes the back seat is small but I'm an empty nester and the front seats are great. It's also exclusive. You won't see yourself coming and going like in an Lexus RX 350. If you don't have to haul around a bunch if kids; treat yourself and put an EX 35 in your garage.

Favorite Features

Great front seats - very comfortable and supportive. Easy to use Nav System. The around view camera(shows all 4 sides of the car on the nav screen) makes parking much easier. The styling is great. It has almost every feature there is for around $40K. The engine and transmission are always in sync.

Suggested Improvements

Of course everyone knows about the small rear seat. This limits the potential buyers. There is a cheap piece of plastic in the driver's door that looks out of place. I got the upgraded sound package and the it is not very good. Love everything else about this great car.

2009 EX35 Journey Purchase
By Scott

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I shopped for four months, we looked at the BMW 328i, VW jetta, Nissan Maxima, Infiniti G37, M35, FX35 and the Lexus IS350. We really wanted a small vehicle with comfort, we wanted a sharp Interior, a good ride and performance. The EX was the only car that fit the bill. I am 6 foot tall and the EX fit me well. We are empty nesters, the back seat was not a real concern. We were happy the the service from the Infiniti Dealer and the price received. We purchased the 360 monitor system, my wife really likes the way it helps her park.

Favorite Features

Size, Performance, Navigation System, 360 Camera System, and Bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Our EX35 came with 17" wheels, I think they should make the 18" wheels standard. The EX35 fit all our needs better than any vehicle we looked at.

EX instead of a sedan
By SF Bay Area Family

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a family with two small children. We were looking to replace a small sedan with a small crossover, something to easily drive and park in San Francisco. We wanted a top safety pick. There are not many cars that have the manufacturer option of both front and rear parking sensors. We found them especially helpful in our minivan. We also wanted HID lights, a small turning radius, and easy access to the rear seats for placing children in car seats.

Favorite Features

The around view package is great. More than sensors and a backup camera, it displays an image of the car's surroundings, adding graphics showing the car's path as the wheel is turned. We also liked the interior design, higher riding stance, driving experience, wide opening doors, true ipod link.

Suggested Improvements

There are other SUVs that are smaller yet had more space for rear seats and trunk. Still, EX has more space than the sedan it replaced. We would have liked to see better gas mileage, a wood steering wheel, HD radio. Premium gas is recommended but not required. We'll use mid-grade.