2009 Infiniti EX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EX35 model:
Best Small Crossover
By silverblue on 08/14/10 08:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Feels like a bigger vehicle while you're driving.Coming from a Nissan Murano, I can say it feels like driving a rocket ship.Totally beautiful inside and out.Quality and craftsmanship unsurpassed by any other manufacturer.It was worth paying a little more.

This is "The 4 Door Sports Car" !!
By Bob, Tupelo MS on 02/18/10 21:28 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you're looking for a car that is fast, has great handling, is smooth riding, comfortable and super quiet - This is the car for you! After 6 months I still can't wait to hop in it each morning to head for work. I have owned 35 cars and this is as much fun as a sports car without the punishing ride and all of the other drawbacks. It also looks great and has plenty of room to haul things with the rear seats down. Yes the back seat is small but I'm an empty nester and the front seats are great. It's also exclusive. You won't see yourself coming and going like in an Lexus RX 350. If you don't have to haul around a bunch if kids; treat yourself and put an EX 35 in your garage.

09 EX35 Journey AWD Review
By Michigan AWD on 10/23/09 19:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Did lots of research and test drove several competitors and chose the EX and am glad we did! If U R looking 4 a modern, sporty luxurious 5 door hatchback that has sports sedan handling, a powerfully superb V6, useful cargo room and which is easy to enter/exit, thanks to the slightly elevated ride height put this vehicle on your short list. Up front it's roomy and most comfortable (dual power heated seats and dual climate controls). Overall, our EX has proven 2 B an exceptional driving experience every day with some cool tech features thrown in.

Best Infiniti That I Have Owned
By M Blais on 10/22/09 06:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owed G35 Coupe, G35sedan, G35X sedan, G37 Coupe and now the EX35. I can only say one thing WOW. This car has a great ride, great performance, and is so easy to get around in that I can say it has been the best infiniti thus far. Love the hatch back for easy access. The only improvement would be a little more leg room in the back seats.

Nice, But.
By Dustin on 09/09/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti EX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving this for a month as a loaner from dealer. Car is a blast to drive. Power is unbelievable and transmission is silky smooth. Wife didn't realize once she was going 100mph. Everyone LOVES the backup cam. Interior isn't huge. Seems equivalent of a Camry. Blind spots are annoying. You have to really turn your head to be sure. Using this car for a road trip with spouse and 3 kids may work, but you will use roof for luggage.

Poor Quality
By Mujtaba on 09/04/09 15:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought Infiniti EX35 in June 2008, since then I have not been happy with the car, the brakes starts creaking 5 days after each service, paid for brake pads a couple of times on recommendations. Still not closure to this problem, apart from this the outer side-view mirrors creak each time i put the car into reverse, the sun-roof vibrates continuously. With the money spent and the so called reliability of the car portrayed has left me in dismay. I think Infiniti could do a better job. Really disappointed.

A good drive, lower quality build
By cravatts on 08/28/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti EX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Prior to this vehicle, I owned an FX35 for two years. I wanted the same performance in a tighter package...which is primarily what I got in the EX35. However, the build material and quality do not seem as good as the FX model - thus, the price difference. Decent fuel efficiency, fast drive and decent power, this little car has a punch. Small interior space in back seats, no power jack in the back area (bad if you have IPOD or phone users back there!) cheap visors that break regularly, and seals on the doors that come off...some of my 2 cents on the inferior issues. Also, scratches and marks VERY easily, inside and out. If you have long nails, or move a lot of items around, careful!

Perfect fit
By CG62 on 08/25/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I needed to lease a small luxury SUV. Test drove EX35, FX35, ML350, Q5. I have owned in the past X5 and FX35. BMW X5 was too expensive to consider this time. My kids are grown so I wanted something small and fun to drive with decent mileage and luxury for a reasonable price. The EX won easily. The EX needs to be driven to be appreciated. Very fast, handles great, good ride. The space is fine for my needs. Front seat comfort is excellent. So far avg. 20.5 mpg in mixed driving. Rear seat comfort is OK, better than reported. The lease deals are so much better than anything else in this class.

2009 EX35 Journey Purchase
By Scott on 07/15/09 19:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I shopped for four months, we looked at the BMW 328i, VW jetta, Nissan Maxima, Infiniti G37, M35, FX35 and the Lexus IS350. We really wanted a small vehicle with comfort, we wanted a sharp Interior, a good ride and performance. The EX was the only car that fit the bill. I am 6 foot tall and the EX fit me well. We are empty nesters, the back seat was not a real concern. We were happy the the service from the Infiniti Dealer and the price received. We purchased the 360 monitor system, my wife really likes the way it helps her park.

EX instead of a sedan
By SF Bay Area Family on 07/07/09 01:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a family with two small children. We were looking to replace a small sedan with a small crossover, something to easily drive and park in San Francisco. We wanted a top safety pick. There are not many cars that have the manufacturer option of both front and rear parking sensors. We found them especially helpful in our minivan. We also wanted HID lights, a small turning radius, and easy access to the rear seats for placing children in car seats.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti EX35 in VA is:

$158 per month*