Used 2008 Infiniti EX35 Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Infiniti EX35

View reviews for a specific EX35 model:

More fun than FX
By Jimji

2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fun but luxurious car to drive which is what I wanted as my old gti was too low and dangerous for the mountains of Colorado in the Winter. Needed something I could drive all year but was still fun and wouldn't beat me up for longer drives. Tried a similar year FX and was sadly disappointed. Its possible it needed some front end work as it was used but the salesman who showed me the Ex said he thought I would notice the difference in handling over bumps in the road. He was right it was huge. The Ex also felt quicker and being smaller easier to change directions with. Both vehicles felt miles above the same year Bmw x3 which felt slow and harsher over the bumps. I am single so always just leave the rear seats folded down so the back seat room is a non issue for me. Not sure about the handling in Winter conditions yet as my tires need replacing and hitting icy spots is kind of scary right now. The EX3 is so nice on the highway when I want to pass another car as it accelerates really well. I just wish there wasn't that slight lag before the power comes on but its reasonable. I will say that the old gti with the little turbo was more fun to ring out going up the mountain passes here. The 3.4 6 banger might actually be faster if I want it to be but it just doesn't like to revved to the max like the little turbo and isn't quite as fun going around the turns but then it is a lot more comfortable doing it.

gets better as I get older
By Larry

2008 Infiniti EX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My SUR (Sports Utility Roadster)
By rsteyaert

2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my SUR.
I say this because it has great utility and drives and handles like a roadster.
Quick, tight, and fun to drive.
Because it is small and like a roadster it lacks some back seat room for passengers.
Though I didn't buy it for that purpose, we have figured out how to accommodate and it really hasn't turned out to be a significant issue. MPG (21/27) is another disappointment for a small car but this is the price you pay for the power and that sporty feeling.

I love the car, better than most any other I have owned. I strongly would recommend the EX35.

I haven't had any significant maintenance or repair issues that warranty hasn't covered. I am so confident in the reliability that I am going to pass on an extended warranty because I think it is a low risk vehicle. We'll see - I hope I am correct!

I think all improvements have been made on the current models. I am satisfied with what I have.

Sports Car Performance
By tube1

2008 Infiniti EX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this now for about 8 months and am very satisfied with it. It has sports car performance and handeling yet still is a mid size SUV. We get around 21 mpg all around and as high as 27 strickly highway driving 65-70. But when you want the power man this thing has got it like you better mean it when you jump on it. Rear seat leg room is very poor but our kids are grone so its not a problem for us. Stereo is a Bose so nothing further to say about that. Ride is great. Everything has been flawess so far. This our 2nd Infiniti and would recomend this vehicle.

The Performance, Handeling, Ride, And a great stereo system. Overall easy to drive. Memory settings for 2 drivers. Also had a minor flaw in the interior and the Dealership replaced it no questions asked. Also like the 4 year 60k bumper to bumper warranty. far better than anyone else in the field. Overall it has been a fun vehicle and has run perfectly so far.

More leg room in the back seat. Bigger space or larger cup holders, cannot hold 2 medium drink glasses. Change the knobs on the stereo or the A/C system I often get them confused since the are exactly alike and right next to each other. Make the rear seats fold flat when down. Put a washer on rear wiper.

My ex-35 what a Wonder to drive
By Gerry

2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Happy with my ex-35. it's fast, great design, safe handling, excellent torque. Except: Spartan leg room space in the rear seating arrangement. Highly suggest infiniti attempt to increase leg spacing at cramped rear seat area. Reliability impressive.

good braking and powerful engine & torque.