Used 2005 Hyundai XG350 Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:

Best bang for my buck!
By BILL GRFFITH

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my XG when it was 10 years old and had quite a few miles on it. I'm the second owner and it turns out that the original owner was an older woman who lived down the street from me. She had all her maintenance, right up til the time she sold it, done at the dealership. I had access to the records and she had all recommended service done. The condition of the car reflected it. when I got the car I had to put a set of tires and a new battery on it. There is nothing about this car to suggest its age. I have never been so much in love with the way a car has treated me. The ride is incredibly quiet and smooth. Plenty of power under the hood for the times when you need to merge into highway traffic. Fire it up to 70, hit the cruise and relax to your favorite music. Just don't get too comfortable. There are other cars out there too. I love the styling. They stole, without shame, designs from classic luxury cars. The grill and rear end of the car is pure Lincoln. Elegant and classy. Then in the interior they decided that Mercedes had hit on a nice design. Yes the wood is plastic, but it looks great. It seems everything about the interior is customizable to fit the individual perfectly. The only complaint I have with the entire car is the air deflector installed at the front of the sunroof. It functions perfectly so you don't get a wind tunnel blowing all around you when it's open on the highway. The problem lies with the location of it. They installed it right at the beginning of the sunroof so that it block out about 1/4 of the opening. I know, picky,picky, picky!! This was Hyundai's first entry into the luxury market and they got it RIGHT. I'm sure the design concepts and components are reflected in the Geneses and the Equus. No reason to believe I can't put another 60-70K on this car.

Great car!
By Katie Suthers

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used, based on high ratings I found online. It's not the car I imagined purchasing (I had a Honda Civic LX for a decade prior to this vehicle) but I really fell for it after a test drive. I've had it for almost a year now, and I'm still loving it. I would recommend this car to anybody wanting a comfortable, fun vehicle that is roomy enough but with decent gas mileage for driving to work and getting around town in style, at a great price. Below I will summarize the pros and cons for this car.

PROS
+Exterior: nothing too fancy but nice-looking, streamlined; not a huge car but feels roomy when you're inside
+Interior: Leather is nice; very comfortable; seat controls allow for a lot of personalization for how seats are oriented; fake wood grain panels but I kinda like them; the interior has "character"
+Radio is dated now (no bluetooth or USB connects) but audio sounds fantastic
+Decent gas mileage for V6
+Good acceleration and very smooth, quiet ride; handles well
+Great climate controls (you can choose specific temperature); also tells you the outside ambient temperature
+Separate climate control for back seat area
+Digital display tells you how many miles you have left in gas tank
+Trunk is very spacious
+Storage compartments (cupholders w/ adjuster flap; popout drawer for misc items; two-level center consoles in front and back seats
+Traction control system
+High safety ratings for front and side impacts (although see cons below)

CONS
-Electrical problems (sunroof does not work; front interior light does not work; tape deck & CD player do not work-only radio; trunk release button does not work-I have to use button on key fob)
-Airbag light is on (which I see might be a common problem with this car) *safety ratings are one reason I bought this car
-Radiator leak (shop was not able to pinpoint the source of the leak, which is slow)

air bag could be deadly
By Shirley Cothron

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car new in 2005,,love the way it handles and the space but only a short time after the purchase the air bag light came on. The 1st 4 years it was back in the shop about 4 times for repair to wiring under the seat. Had a few years no problem but then about a year ago it came on again. (Which means no airbags)
I contacted the Hyundai shop and it will cost almost $200 to just check it out. If it can be fixed the $200 will apply to the bill but who know's what that will be.
Decided to keep on driving it, but every time I see that red light I pray the air bags are not needed. I agree with a LOT of people that has also posted this problem
that there needs to be a recall.
Shirley C.
The airbag on my Hyundai has not worked since my last comment which is a concern for any front seat passengers. I am very short so have to move the seat very close to the steering wheel so for me I am probably better off. I have heard many stories of people getting hurt from the airbag.
I still think there should be a recall because just fixing the current problem only lasts a short time. Shirley C.

mpg
By enton

terrible mpg. mine does 10 mpg city. trying to sell as soon as posible

Live this car!
By vitasfan

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a dealer model 2005 in 2006.
I still have it, and plan to keep it until it dies....which I do not think will be any time soon.
I have had no repairs, just routine maintenance.
Love this car, and wish it would last forever.

Temperature control is awesome. It keeps temperature comfortably where you set it. Mine has heated leather seats, and I love them. I like the look. Nice grill, nice shape.