Used 2005 Hyundai XG350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

terrible mpg. mine does 10 mpg city. trying to sell as soon as posible

Live this car!
By vitasfan

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a dealer model 2005 in 2006. I still have it, and plan to keep it until it dies....which I do not think will be any time soon. I have had no repairs, just routine maintenance. Love this car, and wish it would last forever.

Temperature control is awesome. It keeps temperature comfortably where you set it. Mine has heated leather seats, and I love them. I like the look. Nice grill, nice shape.

XG350L
By therron

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We brought the XG in July of 06. It had 7200 miles on it at that time. I am proud to say at 90,000 miles it still runs like a champ. I haven't had a major tune up since we got the car other than the regular oil and transmission changes. It get 450 miles to the tank hwy miles and about 26 miles in the city at 87 octane. We've driven it from Oklahoma to Florida and back with not problems. I would truely recommend the XG350L to anyone who's looking for style and comfort at an affordable price. We got it at just over 19,000...

All features

Bigger cup holders in center console

Great car, expensive to maintain
By tracyr1

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I agree with Aaron. The parts are foreign and aren't always in stock. No problem with the transmission for me though. There is a glitch with the heating and a/c blower, it won't shut off. The problem has been noted and all you have to do is replace a blower motor resistor (located above and behind the glove compartment). The timing belt is a bit costly, $900, but it's cheaper than buying a new car. The tires are a bit fancy and expensive to replace as you only get to choose from a couple options. It's a great car, ride is smooth and quiet. Love all of the options that come with the car, too. It is 'rich'.

Heated Seats, Power Mirrors that tilt down when in reverse, Rear View Mirror with auto night controls, programmable seat memory.

Wish the rear brakes would last longer, 2nd time having to replace rear brake rotors within 2 years.

Just Another Car-- Feeling Un-American
By Aaron

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new. Bought for the looks, price, and warranty. In the end; the transmission was replaced. $900.00 timing belt plus brakes at 60K. Armrest latch and cruise control button broke. Mysterious air bag light/sensor in seat that took no less then five or six tries to fix, and just out of warantee... main wire harness had a meltdown. So in the end it is just another car. Read the comments below; they are all on the money. (Hope all those transmissions got replaced?) Biggest let down...availability of parts. Nothing like waiting a week for your parts to arrive from Korea. And darn it if I just feel un-american driving it around. Wish I had given my money to an American Co.

Heated Seats, Reverse auto-tilting outside mirrors, and rear seat flip- down armrest.