2005 Hyundai XG350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:
mpg
By enton on 06/15/13 18:19 PM (PDT)

terrible mpg. mine does 10 mpg city. trying to sell as soon as posible

Live this car!
By vitasfan on 09/02/12 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a dealer model 2005 in 2006. I still have it, and plan to keep it until it dies....which I do not think will be any time soon. I have had no repairs, just routine maintenance. Love this car, and wish it would last forever.

XG350L
By therron on 09/21/11 19:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We brought the XG in July of 06. It had 7200 miles on it at that time. I am proud to say at 90,000 miles it still runs like a champ. I haven't had a major tune up since we got the car other than the regular oil and transmission changes. It get 450 miles to the tank hwy miles and about 26 miles in the city at 87 octane. We've driven it from Oklahoma to Florida and back with not problems. I would truely recommend the XG350L to anyone who's looking for style and comfort at an affordable price. We got it at just over 19,000...

Great car, expensive to maintain
By tracyr1 on 03/17/11 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I agree with Aaron. The parts are foreign and aren't always in stock. No problem with the transmission for me though. There is a glitch with the heating and a/c blower, it won't shut off. The problem has been noted and all you have to do is replace a blower motor resistor (located above and behind the glove compartment). The timing belt is a bit costly, $900, but it's cheaper than buying a new car. The tires are a bit fancy and expensive to replace as you only get to choose from a couple options. It's a great car, ride is smooth and quiet. Love all of the options that come with the car, too. It is 'rich'.

Just Another Car-- Feeling Un-American
By Aaron on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new. Bought for the looks, price, and warranty. In the end; the transmission was replaced. $900.00 timing belt plus brakes at 60K. Armrest latch and cruise control button broke. Mysterious air bag light/sensor in seat that took no less then five or six tries to fix, and just out of warantee... main wire harness had a meltdown. So in the end it is just another car. Read the comments below; they are all on the money. (Hope all those transmissions got replaced?) Biggest let down...availability of parts. Nothing like waiting a week for your parts to arrive from Korea. And darn it if I just feel un-american driving it around. Wish I had given my money to an American Co.

Simply the best!
By Warren Davis on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have put on 80,000 miles cross country driving - oil changes, gas and new tires our only expense. Comfortable, fast, great handling/cornering, totally reliable. We have averaged 24 MPG (US gallons). I have been driving 45 years and owned many cars in all price ranges. This is the best. The climate control does have a mind of its own sometimes but not a major issue.

Bring back the XG350L
By ncook1056 on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i absolutely love my car. I have over 116,000 miles and have never had a problem and still receive numerous compliments about the classy look and design of the car.

My best car yet
By Bekele on 05/02/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the fourth new car I ever owned and the best. My other new cars were a Honda Accord, a Pontiac Grand Am and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I haven't had one problem with the car yet. Everything still works just like the first day I drove it out of the dealership. Just amazing!

Bring back the xg350
By keith on 03/28/10 16:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An absolute great car for the money. Very classy, easy to drive, steering and power response great. My wife drives it most and says it's the best car she's ever drove. We have 81,000 miles on it and still love it.

Love this car totally! Bring it back!
By Tan on 01/27/10 05:51 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had never heard of this car or saw it before, but just knew it when I saw it, that it was mine! I have not regretted one day of it, never a problem and the miles just turned over to 55,555 yesterday (1/26/10). It is totally loaded, & the sticker price was over $30,000 +, but the dealer sold it to me for $22,000 and no money down, or out of pocket or trade-in. It still looks brand new off the lot. No door dings or scratches & no, I don't have a garage. But I am careful where I park it. I want to keep this car forever & protect it. I keep the maintenance up & its been good to me so far! Bring this car back so when it does go, I can get another one! Not crazy about the Azera thats replaced it