Used 2005 Hyundai XG350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:

Great car!
By Katie Suthers

2005 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used, based on high ratings I found online. It's not the car I imagined purchasing (I had a Honda Civic LX for a decade prior to this vehicle) but I really fell for it after a test drive. I've had it for almost a year now, and I'm still loving it. I would recommend this car to anybody wanting a comfortable, fun vehicle that is roomy enough but with decent gas mileage for driving to work and getting around town in style, at a great price. Below I will summarize the pros and cons for this car.

PROS
+Exterior: nothing too fancy but nice-looking, streamlined; not a huge car but feels roomy when you're inside
+Interior: Leather is nice; very comfortable; seat controls allow for a lot of personalization for how seats are oriented; fake wood grain panels but I kinda like them; the interior has "character"
+Radio is dated now (no bluetooth or USB connects) but audio sounds fantastic
+Decent gas mileage for V6
+Good acceleration and very smooth, quiet ride; handles well
+Great climate controls (you can choose specific temperature); also tells you the outside ambient temperature
+Separate climate control for back seat area
+Digital display tells you how many miles you have left in gas tank
+Trunk is very spacious
+Storage compartments (cupholders w/ adjuster flap; popout drawer for misc items; two-level center consoles in front and back seats
+Traction control system
+High safety ratings for front and side impacts (although see cons below)

CONS
-Electrical problems (sunroof does not work; front interior light does not work; tape deck & CD player do not work-only radio; trunk release button does not work-I have to use button on key fob)
-Airbag light is on (which I see might be a common problem with this car) *safety ratings are one reason I bought this car
-Radiator leak (shop was not able to pinpoint the source of the leak, which is slow)

air bag could be deadly
By Shirley Cothron

2005 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car new in 2005,,love the way it handles and the space but only a short time after the purchase the air bag light came on. The 1st 4 years it was back in the shop about 4 times for repair to wiring under the seat. Had a few years no problem but then about a year ago it came on again. (Which means no airbags)
I contacted the Hyundai shop and it will cost almost $200 to just check it out. If it can be fixed the $200 will apply to the bill but who know's what that will be.
Decided to keep on driving it, but every time I see that red light I pray the air bags are not needed. I agree with a LOT of people that has also posted this problem
that there needs to be a recall.
Shirley C.
The airbag on my Hyundai has not worked since my last comment which is a concern for any front seat passengers. I am very short so have to move the seat very close to the steering wheel so for me I am probably better off. I have heard many stories of people getting hurt from the airbag.
I still think there should be a recall because just fixing the current problem only lasts a short time. Shirley C.

mpg
By enton

terrible mpg. mine does 10 mpg city. trying to sell as soon as posible

Live this car!
By vitasfan

2005 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a dealer model 2005 in 2006.
I still have it, and plan to keep it until it dies....which I do not think will be any time soon.
I have had no repairs, just routine maintenance.
Love this car, and wish it would last forever.

Temperature control is awesome. It keeps temperature comfortably where you set it. Mine has heated leather seats, and I love them. I like the look. Nice grill, nice shape.

XG350L
By therron

2005 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We brought the XG in July of 06.
It had 7200 miles on it at that time.
I am proud to say at 90,000 miles it still runs like a champ.
I haven't had a major tune up since we got the car other than the regular oil and transmission changes.
It get 450 miles to the tank hwy miles and about 26 miles in the city at 87 octane.
We've driven it from Oklahoma to Florida and back with not problems.
I would truely recommend the XG350L to anyone who's looking for style and comfort at an affordable price.
We got it at just over 19,000...

All features

Bigger cup holders in center console