2004 Hyundai XG350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:
Best value for my money!
By H20 on 05/16/10 17:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new. Hyundai was first to back up their vehicles with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty and after owning one for 6 years and putting on over 100,000 trouble free miles on mine I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for value. Built very well and durable. Showed it to my neighbor and he bought one! I like all the many features of this car. In fact, I would refer to it as a "Poor mans Mercedes" to my friends! Always got compliments on the style and color. Dealership was always a pleasant experience. (How many others can say that!)

130k and going strong
By zircon on 03/30/10 07:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the XG with 13K now have 132K. It has performed excellently. Changed the timing belt at 70k and will change it again at 140K. Expect to drive to 250K. Local dealer wants my car, evidently in demand some where. I think I will by a Genesis next if the dealer is dealing. thanks

Excellent Car, would buy again
By Grant on 12/25/09 06:50 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in 2004. XG is a heavy car which tends to smooth out the ride and give it a stable feel over rough roads. It's been very reliable and has many features of more expensive cars. Have 80k miles on it now and it will be paid of in a month. normally that means deciding on a new car but I'm keeping this one. Fully expect to get another 80k before selling.

Ok car, but not a Toyota
By Freeagent35 on 09/23/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have now owned this vehicle for about 14 months. Overall, I am satisfied that I got what I paid for (having bought it used in good condition, cheap). It recently started running very rough. I went to dealership and they said plug wires rotted after 4 years is "common" for Hyundai. Hyundai calls this "wear and tear" and will not warranty. I had heard weak reviews on their actual execution on their so- called "America's Best Warranty" and I now have first hand knowledge. If you can buy it cheap, and in good shape, not a bad ride. But I will not buy a new Hyundai as their warranty promises clearly are not kept, in my opinion and experience. Back to Toyota I go.

A Really Nice Ride
By FiddleStix on 12/24/08 05:36 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai XG350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really great car after 4 months of driving. I think this is a sharp looking car inside and out with loads of standard features. Great acceleration. Behaves very well on the highway even at 'passing speeds'. Mileage is better than my Taurus. The car had some sway in hard turns and some tire noise but when I put on a quality set of tires both were solved. I consider this the nicest car I have ever owned, new or used, in 36 years of driving and the least expensive to buy. I was able to see the previous owner's maintenance records and the car has never had a problem.

Steering Wheel Squeak
By Jim on 10/13/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car is reliable. Main concern is a annoying squeak in the steering wheel whenever I turn the wheel. Dealer say's it's the clockspring and a problem in all XG350's that won't go away...even with a new clockspring. In other words, there is nothing the dealership can do. I wonder if other owners have same problem. CD player also died shortly after warranty expired.

Wonderful Value
By John Babiarz on 09/25/08 17:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought one ('04) for my wife over 2 years ago. In 50K, 1 issue - resistor for the fan speed. Hyundai dealer fixed it under warranty even though we didn't buy the car there. Unreal value - pretty much every option you can ask for. Very easy to drive and you feel great after a long trip. Solid build quality - feels like it is built like a tank. I liked it so much I just bought one for myself - another '04. My commute is 100 miles round trip and it is actually enjoyable in this car. Sure beats paying crazy money for an Accord or Camry.

Very Underrated Automobile
By Freeagent35 on 08/24/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a reasonable pre-owned car after losing my company car. After reading Consumer Reports, this one seemed a decent bet. Picked it up dirt cheap ($10,750) with 30k miles. Overall, it has been very solid. Not quite to level of Honda and Toyota quality, but not too far off. Handling is decent. Looks (interior and exterior) like a much more expensive car. Issues: (1) Speakers suck. I replaced fronts with Pioneer 2 way($50 Walmart) and sound greatly improved. (2) Drive by wire throttle is touchy. Drive easy for awhile and it will calm down plus you will get used to the hair trigger. (3) Gas mileage is fair for a car of this size (about 22 to 24). Overall, quite pleased.

Bargain for the money
By kiwikint on 06/27/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We were shopping for a car for under 10K with mileage under 70,000. What was available for that money? PT Cruisers, Ford Focus, Chevy Cavalier. The design, feel and features of this car beat those 3 times over. We only brought it home today but it rides very smooth, handles well and feels solid. That and all the other amenities to boot.

Very Underrated Automobile
By nieman on 04/25/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my eye on these since I spotted their reliability ratings in Consumer Reports. Clearly Hyundai had and earned a very poor reputation due to their early issues. They have come storming back, however. This car is not quite up to the level of Toyota (Avalon), Acura, or Lexus, but it is very close and a heck of a lot better value. I have only had it a short time, but if it holds up well, I may well find myself becoming as loyal to Hyundai as I have been to Toyota due to consistently superior quality and resale. NOTE: Gas mileage is not really as poor as people say. The issue is the drive by wire throttle and learning system. If you stomp the pedal, mileage will be very low.