Used 2004 Hyundai XG350 Consumer Reviews - 193 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai XG350

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:

LOVE IS IN THE AIR!!!
By Sherry

2004 Hyundai XG350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

And always will be. Could not be happier. And I used to own a Mercedes.

Best value for my money!
By H20

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new. Hyundai was first to back up their vehicles with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty and after owning one for 6 years and putting on over 100,000 trouble free miles on mine I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for value. Built very well and durable. Showed it to my neighbor and he bought one! I like all the many features of this car. In fact, I would refer to it as a "Poor mans Mercedes" to my friends! Always got compliments on the style and color. Dealership was always a pleasant experience. (How many others can say that!)

Power moon roof, CD changer, tilt side view mirrors when in reverse to ease parking, auto dimming rear view mirror, heated leather seats and great gas mileage. (19 city/24 highway)

Love it all!

130k and going strong
By zircon

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the XG with 13K now have 132K. It has performed excellently. Changed the timing belt at 70k and will change it again at 140K. Expect to drive to 250K. Local dealer wants my car, evidently in demand some where. I think I will by a Genesis next if the dealer is dealing. thanks

it's loaded but I like the sun roof, traction control, and AC system

Could be lighter. At 3800 lbs its a tank compared to my wife's 2006 Sonata V6 at 3200 lbs. And she has 235hp to my 195hp. she has the rocket ship.They have it together at Hyundai

Excellent Car, would buy again
By Grant

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in 2004. XG is a heavy car which tends to smooth out the ride and give it a stable feel over rough roads. It's been very reliable and has many features of more expensive cars. Have 80k miles on it now and it will be paid of in a month. normally that means deciding on a new car but I'm keeping this one. Fully expect to get another 80k before selling.

Feel and comfort. Control layout and features. Seat warmers. Plenty of power. Rock solid reliability and performance.

gas mileage, improve sound insulation.

Ok car, but not a Toyota
By Freeagent35

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have now owned this vehicle for about 14 months. Overall, I am satisfied that I got what I paid for (having bought it used in good condition, cheap). It recently started running very rough. I went to dealership and they said plug wires rotted after 4 years is "common" for Hyundai. Hyundai calls this "wear and tear" and will not warranty. I had heard weak reviews on their actual execution on their so- called "America's Best Warranty" and I now have first hand knowledge. If you can buy it cheap, and in good shape, not a bad ride. But I will not buy a new Hyundai as their warranty promises clearly are not kept, in my opinion and experience. Back to Toyota I go.

Heated seats, auto shift is fun. Reasonably comfortable seats. Fold down seats are very practical. Well appointed. Purchased used, a significant bargain.

Fit and finish is still below Toyota. Oil very dirty after 3k miles (poor clearances) compared to my Toyota. Runs better on synthetic but you only get about 3 mo. Handling too soft. Shifts a little clunky. Drive by wire throttle is edgy. TCS is useless. Sub par components noted vs. Toyota.