2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:
Lot of Car, lo money - Lo Quality
By bgpenhollo on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used at 40k mi. Engine lunched at 115k. If you buy or own, change the darn timing belt @ 70k. Belt is made of pressed fiber of some sort. The Korean v6, unlike American v6, is an interference engine - meaning if the timing belt goes, the pistons and valve beat the engine to death - unlike a non-interference engine. We run Mobil one synthetic from day one. We have two American cars - both v6 - one at 180k the other at 225k. Never changed the timing belt. Both run. The xg350 had a rattle in the driver side trunk. It cruised smoothly and easy on long trips but about as much fun to drive as an Abrams tank. Do not recommend and will never buy another Hyundai. Your mileage may vary

PLEASE MAKE HYUNDAI YOU'RE NEXT CAR!!!!!
By mark on 03/08/10 16:14 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned this car for almost two years now and have put 20,000 miles on it and it is ready to turn 200,000 miles and still drives like brand new and is extremely powerful and fast!!

I love my XG350
By Colleen on 09/20/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Even though my car is now 7 years old - i still have people asking me about it. Most are surprised it is as old as it as and a Hyundai. I like the classiness of only 1 area on the car that tells what it is .I don't know about fuel economy. I believe if you can't afford fuel you shouldn't be driving the car. Biggest expense has been tires - I'm hard on tires on any car. I have aftermarket wheels and low profile tires - Car looks great. Should be worth more in secondary market but Hyundai still hasn't recovered there & should have . My friends with other imports do/did not have the same reliability, low maintenance costs .I'd buy another .

No Regrets
By New2Fla on 07/30/09 17:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently moved to Florida and needed a car right away. I loved the look of this car at a used dealership. 6 Years old and it ran soooo smooth, I named it "Denzel". It just needs it reagular oil change, i've replaced all belts and, with just one previos owner. So far its been worth its purchase price.

Best Buy Ever!
By Duncan on 01/28/09 17:51 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 4 Hyundais. I currently also have a 2007 Azera. I bought this one as a left over in early 2003. In 142,000 miles, I've put $200 into it for non-maintenance repairs. The reliability has been unbelievable. All I've replaced are tires, brakes, and the battery. And I service the tranny, cooling system and oil regularly. The last time it had a full tune up, it was still in South Korea! The body is still good (paint just starting to weather), the interior has held up fine. The electronics have been good. The cruise control occasionally goes into a funk (it won't resume properly), but it's straightened itself out every time. If it died today, it would still be the best car value ever.

Noticed a lot of same problems.
By JAKS on 12/02/08 00:02 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was reading some of the reviews and noticed same problems. Anyway our XG350 gave us a couple of problems. First one was the Alternator, coolant hose was bad, radio keeps shutting off on its own, moon roof doesn't work, tiptronic isn't good at all shifts way to late, transmission is starting to go bad, car feels like it has no control (handling), shocks starting to make noise but its sounds like it might be the bushings not the shocks. Hope it is shocks and not bushings by the way my mom drives this car and it has max 20,000 miles and its an 02. Other than that the car is pretty fast for a Hyundai. But I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. It doesn't look nice and quality isn't that great.

Perfect for Me
By Sam on 11/16/08 20:01 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I started looking for my 3rd car in two years, I was definitely really picky, and I happened to test drive, a 2001 xg300 and I was in love, then I kept my search strong I knew that the xg is what I had to have. Finally I found my xg350 is great shape, and bought the car of my dreams

best car ever
By billmach on 03/25/08 20:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in 2002 brand new off the truck with all the Korean shipping sticker still on it. To make this story short 60,000 miles drove it from Colorado to Arizona from Arizona to south Florida then from south Florida back to AZ and 6 trips from Phoenix to San Diego and back. The only repairs it ever needed were the alternator needed replaced this year and a small leak in the low pressure side of the power steering hoses. It is still running the original plugs and brakes and the dealer said the disc pads have at least 10,000 miles left on them this car was built to run at speed on the highway and the body styling is awesome. The made a mistake when they changed it in 04

Car&Hyundai Corp- Major Disappointment
By L. Nicolai on 07/23/07 09:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What we believed was a wonderful car has turned into a nightmare! It has major electrical problems - doors locking spontaneously, radio turning itself on & off, - what a challenge to get repaired. Numerous trips to dealership and countless hours on the phone to Hyundai Corp. Worst customer service ever experienced at corporate level!! Now, one year later, the problems have returned! A mere 28,000 miles on a 2004 automobile that is an absolute piece of junk!!!!! Forget the hype on the warranty. It is mere lip service!

very good
By sonia on 12/01/06 10:50 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai XG350 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

very nice for long trips