Used 2002 Hyundai XG350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:

Lot of Car, lo money - Lo Quality
By bgpenhollo

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used at 40k mi. Engine lunched at 115k. If you buy or own, change the darn timing belt @ 70k. Belt is made of pressed fiber of some sort. The Korean v6, unlike American v6, is an interference engine - meaning if the timing belt goes, the pistons and valve beat the engine to death - unlike a non-interference engine. We run Mobil one synthetic from day one. We have two American cars - both v6 - one at 180k the other at 225k. Never changed the timing belt. Both run. The xg350 had a rattle in the driver side trunk. It cruised smoothly and easy on long trips but about as much fun to drive as an Abrams tank. Do not recommend and will never buy another Hyundai. Your mileage may vary

Heated Leather seats

Make a V6 with a timing chain that lasts and if it breaks, don't let the valves and piston tear the engine to shreds. You get what you pay for.

PLEASE MAKE HYUNDAI YOU'RE NEXT CAR!!!!!
By mark

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned this car for almost two years now and have put 20,000 miles on it and it is ready to turn 200,000 miles and still drives like brand new and is extremely powerful and fast!!

everything except access to the altenator.

better rear view mirror."worn out it moves with the slighest bump"

I love my XG350
By Colleen

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Even though my car is now 7 years old - i still have people asking me about it. Most are surprised it is as old as it as and a Hyundai. I like the classiness of only 1 area on the car that tells what it is .I don't know about fuel economy. I believe if you can't afford fuel you shouldn't be driving the car. Biggest expense has been tires - I'm hard on tires on any car. I have aftermarket wheels and low profile tires - Car looks great. Should be worth more in secondary market but Hyundai still hasn't recovered there & should have . My friends with other imports do/did not have the same reliability, low maintenance costs .I'd buy another .

leather seats that heat up when it is cold or I have a backache Huge trunk and flexible features to lay down the seats , etc

dashboard a little hard to read in bright sunlight

No Regrets
By New2Fla

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently moved to Florida and needed a car right away. I loved the look of this car at a used dealership. 6 Years old and it ran soooo smooth, I named it "Denzel". It just needs it reagular oil change, i've replaced all belts and, with just one previos owner. So far its been worth its purchase price.

Sun roof, acceleration.

More fuel per gallon

Best Buy Ever!
By Duncan

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 4 Hyundais. I currently also have a 2007 Azera. I bought this one as a left over in early 2003. In 142,000 miles, I've put $200 into it for non-maintenance repairs. The reliability has been unbelievable. All I've replaced are tires, brakes, and the battery. And I service the tranny, cooling system and oil regularly. The last time it had a full tune up, it was still in South Korea! The body is still good (paint just starting to weather), the interior has held up fine. The electronics have been good. The cruise control occasionally goes into a funk (it won't resume properly), but it's straightened itself out every time. If it died today, it would still be the best car value ever.

Heated seats, sun roof, 6 CD changer. It has all the options I could possible want, as standard features!

Transmissions have always been the weakest link on Hyundais. It's occasionally clunky when downshifting from 5th to 4th. My '01 Sonata's tranny was shaky too . The tranny in my '06 Sonata and '07 Azera have been perfect, so Hyundai has improved this. Gas mileage could be better in the XG350L.