Used 2001 Hyundai XG300 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XG300 model:

A Lemon
By McQuade

2001 Hyundai XG300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car was the most beautiful car I have ever driven or seen. I drove many GM, but this took my heart. For mechanical issues it was never ending. We work for GM dealership, we know mechanics, so to all who read this, pick your mechanic carefully, and keep all work orders. Just wrecked mine due to mechanic error, and cheep parts, buy the best quality parts, it might save your life, and question your Service manager on the parts replaced, I should have known better, but I trusted them. my heart is broken, could have been my life.

Favorite Features

The Whole Car.

Suggested Improvements

Everything mechanical, from engine to ball joints,just keep the outside look.

Original Owner, finally got it correct
By KD

2001 Hyundai XG300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Original owner. Purchased for warranty. Thank God. First 72K Hyundai covered new Trans., rear struts, 3 radios and many, many sensors. After warrentee, found if you replace all 3 coils at once, and the air mass flow sensor, $800 total, she has been running extremely well for the last 40K. Have 135K on it now (8/2/09) getting 26 to 27 mpg w/o AC and 23.5 to 25 w/ AC. Find it comfortable for a 6'4' long legged guy. Overall good car because of warrentee and loaners from dealer.

Favorite Features

Softer ride that handles like a mini Continental. Leg room, standard features, large trunk and mileage for larger trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Take care of electrical issues and ancillary smaller motor issues.

This Car Stinks
By THIS CAR SUCKS

2001 Hyundai XG300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Please oh please never buy this car! I have owned this vehicle for three years and it is the newest and nicest car I have ever owned but it is also the least reliable and mostly costly to repair. The check engine light is on constantly and I average about $200- 300 per month in car repair bills. I have replaced so many parts I can't even keep track anymore. New transmission at 55k miles! If I sell you this car I am so sorry. Paint has been chipping and peeling for the past couple of years. So very cheaply made fake leather seats that are way uncomfortable. Also, lots of stuff breaking down far earlier than it should now I need a new radiator and catalytic converter. I hate this car!

Favorite Features

Looks good before the paint peeled and chipped away. Roomy on the inside and lots of compartments for storage

Not bad
By renaer

2001 Hyundai XG300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 2 years ago from a licensed independent dealer. My car has 188,000 miles on it and it's still kickin!!! It's been in the shop twice for minor things...let's just pray things stay that way.

Favorite Features

The ENTIRE INTERIOR!! I have every thing my friend's Jaguar has...heated, leather seats, power seats and sunroof, automatic seat memory, 8 disc CD changer, wood grain, automatic mirrors, etc.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I dislike is the trunk. The view from the back makes the car look cheap. I like the 350 style trunk better.

Good Buy
By Martin

2001 Hyundai XG300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only problems I experienced with the car were caused by dealer service. Other than that, it's been one of the best cars I've owned - and my first "luxury" car. I've since also added a Santa Fe to my "fleet". The XG300 is comfortable to ride in and to drive. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants luxury without the price of a Lexus or problems of a Cadillac.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature? The fresh air sensor that automatically switches from outside air to inside when it "senses" smelly exhaust fumes. The rest of the climate control system is awesome, too. I also like the roomy trunk and the split back seat pass-thru.

Suggested Improvements

Teach the dealers how to properly service the car.