2001 Hyundai XG300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XG300 model:
Great purchase if you take care of it.
By JT2109 on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai XG300 L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was a great vehicle. But you NEED to make sure you keep it up to date with oil changes and such. The oil pan broke under the vehicle and drained all the oil out, hit 90 on the highway the next day and goodbye motor. It was a great car to own, never failed me until that day. I would recommend this vehicle. Tranny fluid and motor fluid need to be checked frequently!

A Lemon
By McQuade on 05/19/10 12:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai XG300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car was the most beautiful car I have ever driven or seen. I drove many GM, but this took my heart. For mechanical issues it was never ending. We work for GM dealership, we know mechanics, so to all who read this, pick your mechanic carefully, and keep all work orders. Just wrecked mine due to mechanic error, and cheep parts, buy the best quality parts, it might save your life, and question your Service manager on the parts replaced, I should have known better, but I trusted them. my heart is broken, could have been my life.

Not a good car
By James on 10/14/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai XG300 L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not a reliable car. Also, it is very, very expensive to repair. Ride is okay and it has a lot of extras, but none of this has any value if you can't keep it on the road. My primary car is a BMW and it cost less to operate that this car.

Original Owner, finally got it correct
By KD on 08/02/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai XG300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Original owner. Purchased for warranty. Thank God. First 72K Hyundai covered new Trans., rear struts, 3 radios and many, many sensors. After warrentee, found if you replace all 3 coils at once, and the air mass flow sensor, $800 total, she has been running extremely well for the last 40K. Have 135K on it now (8/2/09) getting 26 to 27 mpg w/o AC and 23.5 to 25 w/ AC. Find it comfortable for a 6'4' long legged guy. Overall good car because of warrentee and loaners from dealer.

They built a beauty!
By Bob Colucci on 04/15/09 07:18 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai XG300 L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

XG300 by Hyundai. Sharp design, five speed tranny, posi-traction front wheel drive, great radio, heated rear view mirrors, good mileage, great paint job all add up to a car that was ahead of it's time for Hyundai. Not too many built but most are still on the road. No trouble with mine. Worth every penny and then some.

This Car Stinks
By THIS CAR SUCKS on 03/09/09 16:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai XG300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Please oh please never buy this car! I have owned this vehicle for three years and it is the newest and nicest car I have ever owned but it is also the least reliable and mostly costly to repair. The check engine light is on constantly and I average about $200- 300 per month in car repair bills. I have replaced so many parts I can't even keep track anymore. New transmission at 55k miles! If I sell you this car I am so sorry. Paint has been chipping and peeling for the past couple of years. So very cheaply made fake leather seats that are way uncomfortable. Also, lots of stuff breaking down far earlier than it should now I need a new radiator and catalytic converter. I hate this car!

Not bad
By renaer on 10/28/08 13:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai XG300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 2 years ago from a licensed independent dealer. My car has 188,000 miles on it and it's still kickin!!! It's been in the shop twice for minor things...let's just pray things stay that way.

Love my XG
By Bruno on 10/19/07 09:28 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai XG300 L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had never even seen one of these until I saw the ad for mine online. My car had broken and instead of repairing it, I purchased this one at $5,800 which given the condition of the vehicle I thought was more than fair. I love the way it looks on the outside. The front grill looks like it was designed by Lincoln, and the rear reminds me a little of the acura 2.1 CL or even a jag! The interior makes you feel like youre riding in luxury as well. I had the same problem with the trans. sensor but was a quick fix. Other than that I am satisfyed with the XG. For my money it doesnt get much better. Now that I have it I find myslef noticing how great other hyundais are! Those guys make nice cars!

worth the money
By Barbara on 09/27/07 18:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai XG300 L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ive had this car for over a year and have found nothing wrong with it, never broke down and drive very smooth, I would recommend it to anyone that wants a nice car without breaking the bank

Great Car
By xg lover on 12/26/06 11:13 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai XG300 L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Everyone who sees this car loves it. I've had it for almost 6 years and I love it as much now as I did then. Still fun to drive. No major problems to report.