2011 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Review: 2011 Hyundai Veracruz -- Not b

2011 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L V6 6-speed Automatic)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz -- Not bad at all
By joshregenold on

2011 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from the nightmare that was a 2011 Jeep Compass (read my review over there; what a disaster), the Veracruz is a dream come true. I've never owned a Hyundai, but the build quality is exceptional, the interior is roomy and comfortable, the ride is quiet and smooth on the highway (a bit rough at low speeds on rough roads), and the gas mileage is just as advertised. Driving 4,000 miles or so mostly on the highway (I do about 90/10 hwy/city), I average between 21 and 23 MPG. The third row is not bad at all, either. I regularly have adults at about 5'6" tall back there with no complaints.

Favorite Features

Third row seating, decent gas mileage with a large tank, many standard features (heated seats, XM radio, iPod connections, rear AC controls, sliding second row, etc.), proximity key, very quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Slight rattle coming from my rear passenger side door over rough road, the automatic tailgate could open and close a bit more quickly, the styling from the front is a bit bland, driver seat sits a bit too high if you are 6' or taller.