2011 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Review: 2011 Hyundai Veracruz Problems

2011 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Review

2011 Hyundai Veracruz

GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz Problems
By afred on

2011 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Three days ago my 2011 Veracruz with 27K miles just quit while on the road. It had a total electronic chassis failure. First the ECM warning light and then all the warning light and then car came to a stop. Towed to dealer, the next day I was told it was a loose battery cable(??), strange since no one had touched it.
Drove it out next day before I got into the freeway, same thing, car quit, same warnings.
Towed to dealer.
They said they had 3 code and it has a throttle position sensor, after they changed it they called and said that was not it. Need to keep the car and see what it is.
Three days without a car, dealer has offered to rent one though.
Car is totally unreliable to take out.

Comfortable ride, good power, high fidelity XM radio, plush interior, good color scheme. Relative good handling with the all wheel drive, could use a bit more road feel in the steering though, the feel of the road is a bit vague.

I think the electronic chassis is sub par. I also have had a lot of false tire pressure alerts that come and go during the 1.5 years that I have owned the car, once it was on the money and I did have low pressure in one tire, other times it were false alerts. Also, a couple of times the transmission locked and would not come out of park, had to turn the engine on and off a few times and play with it before it released the lock. Hyundai should improve on the electronic chassis of the car to make it truly as good as Toyota, or Honda products. My experience so far tells me different.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By hmah8er
on 09/03/12 20:15 PM (PDT)

Do you have an update on your issue? I'm going through my own personal Hyundai Veracruz issue and would love to know if they resolved yours.