Used 2011 Hyundai Veracruz Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

2011 Hyundai Veracruz -- Not bad at all
By joshregenold

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from the nightmare that was a 2011 Jeep Compass (read my review over there; what a disaster), the Veracruz is a dream come true. I've never owned a Hyundai, but the build quality is exceptional, the interior is roomy and comfortable, the ride is quiet and smooth on the highway (a bit rough at low speeds on rough roads), and the gas mileage is just as advertised. Driving 4,000 miles or so mostly on the highway (I do about 90/10 hwy/city), I average between 21 and 23 MPG. The third row is not bad at all, either. I regularly have adults at about 5'6" tall back there with no complaints.

Third row seating, decent gas mileage with a large tank, many standard features (heated seats, XM radio, iPod connections, rear AC controls, sliding second row, etc.), proximity key, very quiet.

Slight rattle coming from my rear passenger side door over rough road, the automatic tailgate could open and close a bit more quickly, the styling from the front is a bit bland, driver seat sits a bit too high if you are 6' or taller.

2011 Hyundai Veracruz, Worst car I ever bought.
By george170

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2011 Veracruz limited and very shortly after I got it I started having problems. The brakes would make a very loud grinding and knocking sound, that is a safety hazard. The stereo system was not nearly good enough to pay the extra money for that upgrade. This car was taken back to Hyundai 5 times to get the brakes fixed. Hyundai sent a factory rep to look at the problem. This rep would not even take a wheel off to look at the brakes. All they would say is this is normal. I own another Vercruz and drove others and this is not normal. Hyundai never would fix the brakes. I had to get rid of the car before we had a wreck due to brake failure. I would not recommend this car.

I would like to talk about favorite features but I did not get to have any favorites because of the trouble that I had trying to get Hyundai to fix a very serious brake problem. I would recommend that noone buy this car.

I would suggest that Hyundai should stand behind their cars and fix dangerous problems such as the brakes. The warranty that Hyundai has, has mislead me making me think this is a good car and the warranty would fix what ever is wrong with the car. I was very badly mistaken. I would very very highly recommend that Hyundai should work on their warranty and repair the things that need to be repaired and should be repaired. I would also suggest that Hyundai get much better reps that will actually help their customers, especially with serious problems like the brakes.

questionable interior
By schaef1

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have loved the excellent layout of the Vera Cruz. However, the car is only 7 months old and the sterring wheel started peeling. It was replaced at no charge. Now both of the front leather seats are showing wear and once again, it is supposed to be replaced at no cost, however, what's to stop this from happening again. The mileage is fair and the ride is a little choppy at 30-35 miles. Otherwise, it's a great car but I am concerned about the quality of the interior. The dealer finally admitted that he has seen the seats in other Vera Cruz's do this in the past. Why hasn't Hyundai fixed this? Would I recomend this car, the jury is still out?

Luxury and economy!
By cmccarthy816

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 2011 Veracruz over the weekend and so far love it! After driving several other higher end models the comfort and value here outshines even the luxury brands we'd driven. For the feel of driving on a cloud while keeping my budget on the ground, this couldn't be beat!

The stereo/XM are fun to play with.

make the nav and entertainment standard on the limited. along with a longer XM subscription.