2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
2011 Hyundai Veracruz -- Not bad at all
By joshregenold on 04/19/13 14:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from the nightmare that was a 2011 Jeep Compass (read my review over there; what a disaster), the Veracruz is a dream come true. I've never owned a Hyundai, but the build quality is exceptional, the interior is roomy and comfortable, the ride is quiet and smooth on the highway (a bit rough at low speeds on rough roads), and the gas mileage is just as advertised. Driving 4,000 miles or so mostly on the highway (I do about 90/10 hwy/city), I average between 21 and 23 MPG. The third row is not bad at all, either. I regularly have adults at about 5'6" tall back there with no complaints.

2011 Hyundai Veracruz, Worst car I ever bought.
By george170 on 09/28/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2011 Veracruz limited and very shortly after I got it I started having problems. The brakes would make a very loud grinding and knocking sound, that is a safety hazard. The stereo system was not nearly good enough to pay the extra money for that upgrade. This car was taken back to Hyundai 5 times to get the brakes fixed. Hyundai sent a factory rep to look at the problem. This rep would not even take a wheel off to look at the brakes. All they would say is this is normal. I own another Vercruz and drove others and this is not normal. Hyundai never would fix the brakes. I had to get rid of the car before we had a wreck due to brake failure. I would not recommend this car.

questionable interior
By schaef1 on 05/17/11 19:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have loved the excellent layout of the Vera Cruz. However, the car is only 7 months old and the sterring wheel started peeling. It was replaced at no charge. Now both of the front leather seats are showing wear and once again, it is supposed to be replaced at no cost, however, what's to stop this from happening again. The mileage is fair and the ride is a little choppy at 30-35 miles. Otherwise, it's a great car but I am concerned about the quality of the interior. The dealer finally admitted that he has seen the seats in other Vera Cruz's do this in the past. Why hasn't Hyundai fixed this? Would I recomend this car, the jury is still out?

Luxury and economy!
By cmccarthy816 on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 2011 Veracruz over the weekend and so far love it! After driving several other higher end models the comfort and value here outshines even the luxury brands we'd driven. For the feel of driving on a cloud while keeping my budget on the ground, this couldn't be beat!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Veracruz Suv in VA is:

$114 per month*