2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
2011 Hyundai Veracruz -- Not bad at all
By joshregenold on 04/19/13 14:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from the nightmare that was a 2011 Jeep Compass (read my review over there; what a disaster), the Veracruz is a dream come true. I've never owned a Hyundai, but the build quality is exceptional, the interior is roomy and comfortable, the ride is quiet and smooth on the highway (a bit rough at low speeds on rough roads), and the gas mileage is just as advertised. Driving 4,000 miles or so mostly on the highway (I do about 90/10 hwy/city), I average between 21 and 23 MPG. The third row is not bad at all, either. I regularly have adults at about 5'6" tall back there with no complaints.

2011 Hyundai Veracruz Problems
By afred on 07/29/12 01:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Three days ago my 2011 Veracruz with 27K miles just quit while on the road. It had a total electronic chassis failure. First the ECM warning light and then all the warning light and then car came to a stop. Towed to dealer, the next day I was told it was a loose battery cable(??), strange since no one had touched it. Drove it out next day before I got into the freeway, same thing, car quit, same warnings. Towed to dealer. They said they had 3 code and it has a throttle position sensor, after they changed it they called and said that was not it. Need to keep the car and see what it is. Three days without a car, dealer has offered to rent one though. Car is totally unreliable to take out.

Like my Ride!
By cgarver1 on 05/04/12 06:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Veracruz is a very nice car. There is some wind noise at highway speeds, but it's not to the point of being annoying. Just turn up the radio. There's lots of room inside and the interior is well appointed. I've had my 2011 for about 6 months and have had no mechanical gliches at all. I bought it late in the model year, so got a great price from Garber Hyundai in Saginaw, MI.

My New Veracruz
By cwilli2 on 01/22/12 08:31 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

When I was looking to purchase a SUV I went shopping as most consumers do. Truthfully I went to Volvo actually liked the SUV itself but it didn't have the room I was looking for. During the process my daughter said mom you are a Hyundai loyal customer what are you thinking. Went to Rick Case Hyundai on a cold day. Salesman called me from outside telling it was cold to come in get warm and to tell him what I was looking for. I drove out that evening with my Hyundai Veracruz, everything they promised was delivered. I love my Hyundai and I love Rick Case.

2011 Hyundai Veracruz, Worst car I ever bought.
By george170 on 09/28/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2011 Veracruz limited and very shortly after I got it I started having problems. The brakes would make a very loud grinding and knocking sound, that is a safety hazard. The stereo system was not nearly good enough to pay the extra money for that upgrade. This car was taken back to Hyundai 5 times to get the brakes fixed. Hyundai sent a factory rep to look at the problem. This rep would not even take a wheel off to look at the brakes. All they would say is this is normal. I own another Vercruz and drove others and this is not normal. Hyundai never would fix the brakes. I had to get rid of the car before we had a wreck due to brake failure. I would not recommend this car.

questionable interior
By schaef1 on 05/17/11 19:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have loved the excellent layout of the Vera Cruz. However, the car is only 7 months old and the sterring wheel started peeling. It was replaced at no charge. Now both of the front leather seats are showing wear and once again, it is supposed to be replaced at no cost, however, what's to stop this from happening again. The mileage is fair and the ride is a little choppy at 30-35 miles. Otherwise, it's a great car but I am concerned about the quality of the interior. The dealer finally admitted that he has seen the seats in other Vera Cruz's do this in the past. Why hasn't Hyundai fixed this? Would I recomend this car, the jury is still out?

Delighted With My Veracruz
By likeit on 04/11/11 06:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new (2011 GLS) two weeks ago and am absolutely delighted with it so far. Wonderful driving experience, super capacity, overall luxury feel.

Best SUV I've Ever Owned
By Obi_wan on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a previous 4Runner & Sequoia owner. No more Toyota's in my future. I purchased the Veracruz and Sonata in August. Wife drives the Sonata, and I drive the Veracruz. I love it! Took it on a trip from Illinois to Oklahoma and was thoroughly pleased. Extremely comfortable ride.

Luxury and economy!
By cmccarthy816 on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 2011 Veracruz over the weekend and so far love it! After driving several other higher end models the comfort and value here outshines even the luxury brands we'd driven. For the feel of driving on a cloud while keeping my budget on the ground, this couldn't be beat!

Perfect
By Obi_wan on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Veracruz SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third SUV. I've owned the Toyota 4Runner and Sequoia. I'm much happier with the Veracruz! I just made a trip to Oklahoma City from St Louis. I averaged 22.5 mpg. A lot better than the Sequoia's average 15 mpg! The ride is smooth and quiet. My friend came along and brought a mobility scooter. It fit in the back perfect, plus left enough room for luggage. It took awhile for the car to cool down in the 95 degree heat of Ok City, but the a/c is very good. I can't make up anyone's mind about a Korean automobile, but I'm very happy with the Veracruz. Best of luck to any of you considering an SUV.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Veracruz Suv in VA is:

$101 per month*