Used 2010 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Veracruz SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Best reliable Car I ever had after 5 years of use.
By wizeman10

2010 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The car is great in comfort and amenities as of 2010 cars go. I have travelled long distances and the car performed flawlessly in many regards including road noise and acceleration. Gas consumption is normal for a 3.8L engine if you drive responsibly. The only problem is the driving range -around 250 miles. The gas tank can be larger for sure. But reliability is extremely high as is comfort level ans spaciousness.Could it be better? Sure, but compared to my Highlander it beats hands down.

Comfort.

Larger gas tank to increase rangeto 350Miles.

Not worth the Five stars I gave it in 2010
By anniebanana2

2010 Hyundai Veracruz SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Just read my 1st review of this car which was written shortly after my purchase. NOW: I will never buy a Hyundai again. So many problems and the "warranty" is a crock. The dashboard squeaks (nails on chalkboard squeak) during operation, took it to the local dealer 5 times to fix with no luck. I took it to a dealer 30 minutes away, and though they have reduced the sound, it still occurs when the fan is running cool air. The cruise control resume button only works intermittently. The techs asked me if I pushed the button properly. Seriously?? The dome light panel failed and was replaced. There is now a popping occurring in the front right tire. They say it all checks out fine. Surprise!

How about building a quality product and standing behind it? Have service techs that actually understand vehicles...not punk kids off the street who seem to know less about vehicles than this middle aged mom! Don't boast about a warranty and then not stand behind it.

Love it!
By Lori Myers

2010 Hyundai Veracruz SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Veracruz because we wanted the 7 passenger seating but desperately wanted to get rid of the minivan. This has given us the best of both worlds. Most of the time we use it as a 5 passenger vehicle with the back seats folded down, but it is so nice to be able to load up the car with kids when we need too. The ride is very smooth and quiet. The car handles well. It is an extremely comfortable ride for 5, not as much so for 7 because of the legroom - but in my book that is to be expected. I highly recommend this vehicle and am so glad that we bought it.

Favorite features are the third row seats, the USB port and all of the safety features.

Gas mileage is ok, but not great, typically around 18 mpg. I would love to see this in a hybrid one day. Additional USB plugs in the backseat would make those long trips easier for the kids.

Finally, my dream car!
By anniebanana

2010 Hyundai Veracruz SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've been waiting 46 years for this car! I love everything about it! (ok, except maybe the fuel economy). It has a sophisticated look to it, and the interior is both comfortable and functional. The engine is super quiet as well. And finally the warranty can't be beat. I would have loved to take a step up to the limited for some of the extra features but just couldn't swing it. Even my 20 year old daughter and her friend are in love with it, which is really saying something considering their age group. Can't wait for a road trip.

Comfortable seating, sophisticated exterior look, reclining 2nd and 3rd row seating. Quiet ride!

Better fuel economy

Nice car but lots of problems
By Chris in Jersey

2010 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle based on its features per dollar and it does excel in this area. It is quiet, comfortable, has a nice interior and is roomy. It could be a little more sporty and the stereo sounds like the 8 track from my '77 Caprice Estate Wagon but other than that we are happy with the performance. The problems are with the reliability. Had to replace the stereo(dealer did not return cd's), a taillight, license plate light, brakes, "ESC off" control light is on constantly, resume bottom on cruise control does not work, key fob stopped working and the transmission stopped and stranded my family on the highway. This would make me think twice before purchasing a Hyundai again.

Ride, Interior, Quietness, Features per Dollar, Roomy interior