2010 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
Love it!
By Lori Myers on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Veracruz because we wanted the 7 passenger seating but desperately wanted to get rid of the minivan. This has given us the best of both worlds. Most of the time we use it as a 5 passenger vehicle with the back seats folded down, but it is so nice to be able to load up the car with kids when we need too. The ride is very smooth and quiet. The car handles well. It is an extremely comfortable ride for 5, not as much so for 7 because of the legroom - but in my book that is to be expected. I highly recommend this vehicle and am so glad that we bought it.

VeraCruz
By Cheryl on 08/04/10 08:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Very uncomfortable passenger and back seat. You can feel every bump and pothole magnified. Fuel economy is not what advertised.

Great Leap of Faith so far
By Optimistic on 04/21/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

So far I absolutely love my Veracruz!I took a leap of faith on this purchase. I was always biased against Hyundai until they came with the Genesis sedan. My last 3 vehicles have been Merc. M Class, VW Passat, and Infiniti G35. I was tired of premium fuel, quirky problems, and high repair costs. I knew I wanted crossover with power, bang for buck, and reliability. Co-worker of mine has a Veracruz and once I saw the interior I went to test drive vs. Pilot, Highlander LTD, and Traverse. Once i test drove i loved it above all. The ride is smooth as silk, the interior is class leading for the price, it is very, very quiet, and i like it much better than my previous vehicles in regard to comfort.

Good Value. Needs some tweaks.
By sagarian9 on 01/04/10 13:49 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Good build quality. Not bad looking. Nice interior space. Great third row seat - adult size. Fuel economy OK - just as advertised. Seats are a little too firm. Blue digital display not easy to view. Smooth ride. Shifts too early in first, so no acceleration off the mark without flooring it. Tailgate release on key fob almost useless.

Toyota Highlander Convert
By Southern AZ on 10/24/09 03:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Only had it for one week & less than 500 miles, but enjoy the quiet ride and luxury touches. Plenty of room, power is decent, mileage is better than posted on sticker, very comfortable. Had some rear end noise...fixed that with a $5 can of undercoat. Paint, interior 7 exterior joints are good...seems to be built well. Never thought that I would buy a Hyundai after owning 3 Highlanders, pleasantly surprised!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Veracruz in VA is:

$113 per month*