2010 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
Not worth the Five stars I gave it in 2010
By anniebanana2 on 02/13/12 17:14 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Just read my 1st review of this car which was written shortly after my purchase. NOW: I will never buy a Hyundai again. So many problems and the "warranty" is a crock. The dashboard squeaks (nails on chalkboard squeak) during operation, took it to the local dealer 5 times to fix with no luck. I took it to a dealer 30 minutes away, and though they have reduced the sound, it still occurs when the fan is running cool air. The cruise control resume button only works intermittently. The techs asked me if I pushed the button properly. Seriously?? The dome light panel failed and was replaced. There is now a popping occurring in the front right tire. They say it all checks out fine. Surprise!

Love it!
By Lori Myers on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Veracruz because we wanted the 7 passenger seating but desperately wanted to get rid of the minivan. This has given us the best of both worlds. Most of the time we use it as a 5 passenger vehicle with the back seats folded down, but it is so nice to be able to load up the car with kids when we need too. The ride is very smooth and quiet. The car handles well. It is an extremely comfortable ride for 5, not as much so for 7 because of the legroom - but in my book that is to be expected. I highly recommend this vehicle and am so glad that we bought it.

Finally, my dream car!
By anniebanana on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've been waiting 46 years for this car! I love everything about it! (ok, except maybe the fuel economy). It has a sophisticated look to it, and the interior is both comfortable and functional. The engine is super quiet as well. And finally the warranty can't be beat. I would have loved to take a step up to the limited for some of the extra features but just couldn't swing it. Even my 20 year old daughter and her friend are in love with it, which is really saying something considering their age group. Can't wait for a road trip.

Nice car but lots of problems
By Chris in Jersey on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle based on its features per dollar and it does excel in this area. It is quiet, comfortable, has a nice interior and is roomy. It could be a little more sporty and the stereo sounds like the 8 track from my '77 Caprice Estate Wagon but other than that we are happy with the performance. The problems are with the reliability. Had to replace the stereo(dealer did not return cd's), a taillight, license plate light, brakes, "ESC off" control light is on constantly, resume bottom on cruise control does not work, key fob stopped working and the transmission stopped and stranded my family on the highway. This would make me think twice before purchasing a Hyundai again.

The Best Yet
By Tony near Tampa on 08/11/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've been fortunate in my driving life to have owned more than a dozen cars, including Lexus, Toyotas, Porsche, Corvette, Mercedes, Chevys, and Fords too. This Hyundai Veracruz is equal or better than ANY of them. Fit and finish, overall performance, comfort, amenities, all are superb. I shopped Highlander, Venza, CX-9, Traverse (GMC and Buick also), and others. None matched for performance, options, and the big one, price. You can't beat this car for the money. Maybe not even close. Options like power lift gate, keyless entry/start, sunroof and rack, automatic A/C everywhere, dynamite sound, power trim and tilt, seat memory, Michelins, five spoke wheels, etc, make this a real winner.

VeraCruz
By Cheryl on 08/04/10 08:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Very uncomfortable passenger and back seat. You can feel every bump and pothole magnified. Fuel economy is not what advertised.

Move over volvo and lexus
By dave mona on 07/19/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I got rid of my xc90 volvo. expensive junk. The Lexus for the money is just ok. I am very happy with my limited Hyundai, it's fantastic.

Winner!
By Beat out all others on 07/15/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Vera Cruz after driving several other vehicles. I was stuck on getting a Toyota 4-Runner or Highlander Limited. I did not think to try a Hyundai because I never owned one before but I decided I would be cheating myself if I did not at least look. I am glad I did, I would have cheated myself big time if I bought the Toyota! The Vera Cruz wins! The number of options you get for the $$$ is awesome, also the performance and comfort. It even has a cooling center console! It is worth the look people. It will be the last SUV you test drive so save your time and forget the pretentious SUV status symbols. You get the best warranty, options, performance, and save THOUSANDS!

Great Leap of Faith so far
By Optimistic on 04/21/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

So far I absolutely love my Veracruz!I took a leap of faith on this purchase. I was always biased against Hyundai until they came with the Genesis sedan. My last 3 vehicles have been Merc. M Class, VW Passat, and Infiniti G35. I was tired of premium fuel, quirky problems, and high repair costs. I knew I wanted crossover with power, bang for buck, and reliability. Co-worker of mine has a Veracruz and once I saw the interior I went to test drive vs. Pilot, Highlander LTD, and Traverse. Once i test drove i loved it above all. The ride is smooth as silk, the interior is class leading for the price, it is very, very quiet, and i like it much better than my previous vehicles in regard to comfort.

wonderful!
By Paula on 04/06/10 18:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Great purchase. I was looking for a safe, AWD, family, luxury-like SUV and I found that and more with this vehicle!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Veracruz in VA is:

$113 per month*