Used 2009 Hyundai Veracruz GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Very pleased so far
By Extremely pleased

2009 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Spotted the VC when I went to look at the Muranos next door. Never entered the Nissan dealership. Most SUV for the money, hands down. I could not believe the build and material quality when I got in it. My other car is a Lincoln Towncar and the VC is as luxurious in every way, and even quieter. Not a full-sized SUV, but seats 7. Could be longer to provide space behind row 3. GLS with premium package should have power passenger seat, and auto AC but doesn't. For 19 mpg combined, could have more power (260 hp). Ford makes a V6 with 355 hp. Europe has it in diesel, US does not. No maintenance issues whatsoever. Shiftronic trans great on hills.

Favorite Features

Price. Element style oil filter: very easy to access/change. Quiet. Warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Full sized spare. Power passenger seat and auto AC in GLS premium package. Automatic leveling suspension for heavy loads. More HP. Grill is kind of ugly.

Great SUV, why no advertising?
By Biz

2009 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After checking out the Ford Flex, the Toyota Highlander & the Chevy Traverse, I went with the Veracruz initially due to the price advantage & the warranty. Now that I've had it a month, I am very glad I got this SUV. It's great to drive, has tons of great features. Hyundai needs to advertise this great SUV!

Favorite Features

Great styling and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG.

GLS with Premium Package
By Mike C

2009 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the GLS with Premium package vs. the Limited package due to price differential. The GLS with premium only sacrifices a couple of options. We did not want the NAV package since portable units suffice well. The car rides and handles well and is very comfortable and meets all of our expectations. The only problem encountered was the road tires were overinflated 48 vs. 30 recommended and the spare was underinflated 30 vs. 60psi recommended. The prep should have caught these items. We have taken two trips of over 300 miles and are well satisfied with the driving experience.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, rear A/C, excellent sound system, good acceleration and braking.

Suggested Improvements

Ride could be a little quieter over normal textured asphalt highways.