Used 2009 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

2009 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Very pleased so far
By Extremely pleased

2009 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Spotted the VC when I went to look at the Muranos next door. Never entered the Nissan dealership. Most SUV for the money, hands down. I could not believe the build and material quality when I got in it. My other car is a Lincoln Towncar and the VC is as luxurious in every way, and even quieter. Not a full-sized SUV, but seats 7. Could be longer to provide space behind row 3. GLS with premium package should have power passenger seat, and auto AC but doesn't. For 19 mpg combined, could have more power (260 hp). Ford makes a V6 with 355 hp. Europe has it in diesel, US does not. No maintenance issues whatsoever. Shiftronic trans great on hills.

Favorite Features

Price. Element style oil filter: very easy to access/change. Quiet. Warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Full sized spare. Power passenger seat and auto AC in GLS premium package. Automatic leveling suspension for heavy loads. More HP. Grill is kind of ugly.

Nice but for chicks
By Mr.Joe

2009 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Handles really good but a bit lag when @ green light, helps save gas i guess. Got it @ 110 miles, My wife and I first new car, course i favor it more because she liked it and the safety for our kids, I'm pretty tall so i wish seats go back further for leg room. Matt came with the suv. Heated seat not needed in Hawaii but the a/c is very cold so we might as well use it. lol. Factory speakers inadequate so i upgraded.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, sunroof, breaking, looks good in the sun, looks good at night, handles great on turns, still smells like a new car, love the safety seats for kids, love the 3rd row, you can plug ipods, tv, etc in the front, middle and rear of the suv, i still think it's a chick's car, but i love it.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel gas mileage could be improved. add more speakers. add another sunroof toward the rear. adjustable break pad/acceleration. Most of these are just my opinion, all in all GREAT SUV.

FABULOUS CAR
By D.rose

2009 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Handles great, run great, a fun car to drive with an elegant look

Favorite Features

heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Make rubber mat in back a standard

Veracruz
By Danny

2009 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is a crossover with the ride of a cruse ship. The car has so many bells and whistles. Have it one week and already over 1100 miles. Finding wonderful things about it every day. Could be the best car ever.

Favorite Features

The Ride

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

I LOVE IT!
By Di

2009 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I had been shopping for a new vehicle for around 3 months. I had it down to a Nissan Morano, Toyota Rav4 (6cylinder) and the Toyota Highlander. Driving home from work one night I noticed a Veracruz in the lane next to me and I liked the way it looked and decided to test drive it that weekend. I wound up buying it that day. Driving is a pleasure. Brakes are great, steering it agile, ride is smooth for a SUV. It's quick with it's 3.8 engine and it doesn't take premium gas like the Morano. Why aren't there more of these on the road? I tell everyone it's a hidden secret. Until you test drive one you'll understand why.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the interior. What a bang for your buck!! I feel like I'm in a luxury vehicle with all the bells and whistles that I have on this car. It's roomy, comfortable and the 3rd row seat is great for kids. They thought of every comfort when making this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

One improvement would be better gas mileage. Currently I'm getting around 18mpg in the city. I only have 3000 miles so I'm hoping this improves as I take it on longer trips. The last improvement I would make is the seat belt reminder:) - it rings 8 times. I would adjust that down to 4.