Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

A MUST for a GROWING family
By CLR

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have been looking for a second SUV that will accommodate our growing family and we've found it in the Vera Cruz. We comparatively drove the Dodge Journey and the Toyota Highlander and the Vera Cruz won out by far. We even parked beside a similar colored silver Lexus and it was obvious the styling was much nicer on the Vera Cruz. We also own a Santa Fe and although we love it as well, the Vera Cruz provides that added extra room when you need it. The 3rd row is enough for adults (issues with the Highlander and Journey) and even with a car seat in the second row you can comfortably fit in another 2 adults beside it (a tight squeeze in our Santa Fe). I would recommend to any family!!

Adult friendly eating in the 2nd and 3rd rows; Lighting for the dash; Dual climate control zones for heat/cool; Fast acting heated front seats; Large cargo space in the back (and even alot with the 3rd row set-up); The quality of the leather interior.

To have the USB connection in the 2008 (even though they put it in the 2009); Power seating for the passenger in this level of model instead of just the driver's seat; More aparent storage space around the vehicle (under- seating, better accessible cupholders in the back, etc.)

Move over lexus
By Joseph Dibenedetto

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I just recently bought the Veracruz and last week just to break it in my wife and I drove to Tampa from N.Y to start off the fuel economy was better than expected it cost about 75.00 each way that was driving at or about 70-80 mph the comfort was great although would have liked just a little more leg room I'm 6-3 but by far more room than the lexus.I bought the base gls fwd model a left over 2008 It has excellent road handling perfect interior and 7 passenger seating and has alot of bells and whistles for the base model lots of storage space as well as oooohh and the price about 20,000 less than the lexus which I looked at first but to be honest this drives better

steering wheel radio and cd mounts heated mirrors and windows the design of the suv and gas mileage for this class of suv and just about everything else

add 3 more inches for us tall people

Excellent All-Around Vehicle
By RTM

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased Veracruz LTD AWD in February 2009. The vehicle handles exceptionally smooth, is well equipped with many standard features and is a complete joy to drive. The sound system is decent and came equipped with the DVD package. A surprising feature NOT included is a jack for an Ipod. Gas mileage hovers around 20 mpg. Not great but comparable to other vehicles in it's class. I would recommend Hyundai as a vehicle brand for people to seriously consider. With the amount of rebates on this particular vehicle, the strength of it's warranty and the assurance plan in place, you cannot go wrong.

IPOD jack included.

Love it
By namwal

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have only put 800 plus miles on the car but have to say it has been all and more than I expected. Quite ride loaded with extras good power but a little disapointed in the gas mileage. Only getting about 14 MPG all in town though. Over all best vehicle I have ever owned. This is my 2nd Hyundai and can't say enough about them. $4000 rebate and 1500 owner loyalty when I walked in the door was a big plus also.

Far and away the Smart Key. Open start and lock the car without ever removing the "key" from your pocket. Great feature! 3rd row seating is actually useable and adults can sit there in a pinch. Also like the built in garage door opener in the rear view mirror.

Needs more storage behind the 3rd row seating...............but other than that has it all

Love it!!
By Dave in AZ

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Veracruz for five weeks. I got it for $10k under sticker and boy, is it great. Build is great, road noise is minimal and it performs really well. My only complaint is the sound system could be a little better. I recommend the Veracruz highly.

Quiet engine, low road noise, great value, loaded with features.

Infinity speakers could be better.