2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
Better than I expected
By John on 04/08/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

So far this has been a great vehicle. We replaced a 2002 Toyota Highlander with the Veracruz. The Hyundai is quieter, gets better gas mileage, and has more room. My wife liked the style better than the new Highlander. After 5000 miles, we have had no problems at all. The quality of the sound system is as good as the JBL we had in the Toyota. The quality of the paint and interior materials is better than I expected from Hyundai. So far, neither show any wear at all. The ride quality is very good for a crossover vehicle and the road and wind noise is almost nonexistent. I would not hesitate to recommend this vehicle to a friend. The third seat is actually usable too. That's a plus.

WELL SATISFIED - WAY TO GO HYUNDAI
By John on 03/27/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2008 Veracruz SE (with Power & Leather Package) about two weeks ago and LOVE IT! Bought the Titanium Blue with Gray leather interior. VERY NICE! My wife and I are extremely pleased with our new Veracruz. We love the heated seats, XM radio, power sunroof, power liftgate & backup sensors. I am impressed on how smooth the vehicle rides and there is no outside wind noise. The Veracruz is FUN to drive and has alot of "get up and go" under the hood. I am averaging about 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. The ShiftTronic transmission feature is very nice and comes in handy when driving on step upgrades. A little disappointed that the SE model doesn't have memory seats

Veracruz; don't knock it till you try it
By Veracruz fan on 03/23/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Veracruz is a luxury powerhouse of a vehicle. I am still in awe of this spectacular ride. With the windows closed you hear very little outside noise. The body stlye is sleek and beautiful. I can not think of anything I don't like or love about this car. Way to go Hyundai this is the best yet.

I highly recommend this car!
By Kellyann on 03/14/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my car! It handles great and hugs ever turn. It is very roomy inside and the comfort is definitely a 10! I love driving to work now!

Love this vehicle!
By Laurie L on 03/05/08 20:00 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Hyundai and I am impressed. I had two Navigators before this and it is so nice to downsize. I have about 2750 miles on the car so far and I am getting 18.7 mpg. I am on the highway and in the city equally. The ride is very smooth and quiet. I love the navigation system. I was going to buy the Lexus 400h, but I saw a review on this car and took it for a test drive. I was sold and very happy to save over $10,000! I would recommend this vehicle. I am very satisfied.

Squeaks & Rattles
By RayB on 02/15/08 21:28 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the VeraCruz (instead of a Lexus) because of all the great revues that I had read and because of all of the nice features for the price. However, I've had a terrible time with squeaks and rattles. (Headliner and the overhead vents, door pillars, doors, back seats, etc) The dealer told me that the noises are normal because of all the plastic parts and there was nothing that they could do. In other words, they didn't want to spend a lot of time on it. I don't know if this is just poor engineering or poor build quality, but this is unacceptable in a $35K vehicle. Make sure that the radio has a lot of volume, you'll need it.

All things considered, its not great
By Justice Peterson on 02/11/08 04:25 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I like the comfy seats and they are easy to adjust. There's plenty of room all around. The layout is good and the build quality and materials on par with the Ford Edge and Saturn Outlook. Good A/C. The ride is fairly smooth and its quiet inside. We were surprised to see the gas go so fast especially in the city when it returned only 13-14 miles per gallon average. Not very good. We are not impressed with the reliability or warranty coverage either. The dealers are all unethical. They charged us for things we never needed when we brought it in for warranty items; the trans would not shift out of park and was flat bedded, dealer charged us $850 for brake pads! Poor resale!

Best in Class
By dtwindham on 01/21/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my Veracruz- love it! I drive about 150 miles each day. Comfort and style are important to me. Can not say enough good things about this impressive SUV.

pleasant surprise
By ncs on 01/19/08 17:37 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

From a previous Honda & Toyota minivan owner, our first month's experience has been a pleasant surprise. We have found the vehicle responsive, comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Ours is a baseline model with no add on packages or upgrades, but it is quite comfortable for a family with 3 teenagers. We've experienced better then the advertised gas mileage.

Fantastic & Beautiful
By Glenn on 12/15/07 15:26 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Hyundai, I just love this SUV, it handles just great, very powerful and extremely comfortable. Wow, this is the best car I ever bought. It's a head turner!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.