Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Just in LOVE with it
By newhyundai

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I just purchased this vehicle a week ago. I drive it mostly and I love it! The ride is smooth and quiet. It is our first Hyundai and I wouldn't go back and buy a different vehicle if I could!

The back up sensor and small rearview mirror for seeing in the backseat as I have a toddler. Also the memory settings. My husband is 6'5" and I'm 5'6" so everything gets moved whenever the other person drives.

Some sort of friction on the leather wrapped steering wheel.It is very soft and smooth so turning could be an issue if you can't get a good grip on the wheel. It hasn't happened but I'm being careful.Going to purchase a cover.

Excellent Vehicle
By Vlad

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Hyundai and I'm very happy with the vehicle so far. Had thoroughly reviewed and test-driven several crossovers, including the Highlander, CX-9, Veracruz and Pilot. Overall, Veracruz offered the most options, the best warranty, and the highest bottom line value. I'm getting about 16/23 MPG city/highway, which is not bad at all given the vehicle size. If you're in the market for a comfortable mid-size crossover at bargain price, you have to test-drive the Veracruz.

Ride comfort, engine power and quietness, 6-speed transmission, seats,all-around visibility

Steering is somewhat sluggish on corners, but that is the price for ride comfort.

A loyal Toyota owner switches to Hyundai
By rjm727

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I shopped for her new SUV for six weeks. We thought we had settled on a new Highlander until a friend told us about their experience with Hyundai. We stopped at the hyundai dealer at 6pm and left at 8:30 in her new Veracruz! What a great vehicle! It looks great has every option under the sun and drives smoothly and quietly. The first thing I noticed was the fit and finish (both inside and out). The next thing that caught my eye was the incredible amount of standard options. The salesman then told me about the unbeatable warranty and we both felt like we had found our new car (and we hadn't even driven it yet!). Bottom line - great experience, great vehicle, great price!

Fit and Finish, automatic rear door, smart key, moon roof and navigation that allows input while moving. Leather feels like very good quality and the protection plan for interior and exterior is a great value. Added the chrome wheels - they make the Veracruz look as good a Lexus! Price! Warranty!

Add a package that includes both navigation and rear seat entertainment (limited to one or the other from the factory).

good value
By nicky

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

very happy with the purchase. 8k off base gls. Great overall value for the money. While the overall feel is luxurious.

interior design was well done. Very comfortable.very quiet.

Bumpy ride . seems to idle high. Gas mileage seem below average.

Good Vehicle for Price
By jeff

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bravo Hyundai! Nothing beats haggling with car dealers, I spent 3 weeks pulling my dealers leg, and finally settled on a 2008 GLS with the Premium package for $21,000, tax, registration and doc fees were extra. What a steal! Car is wonderfully built with a 6 cylinder engine, roomy, and 3 rows of seating! Big 17" wheels, wood wrapped dash and doors, sunroof, heated seats! At nighttime there is a mood light and cup holders and ashtray lights too! No doubt this car is the envy of all crossovers! Car handles wonderfully. Responsive steering. Never thought I would buy non-American, but I'm glad I did. Test drive one, you won't be disappointed!

Accents, powerful engine, heated seats, sunroof, roomy interior.

6 speed transmission can be sluggish at times.