2008 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
my new hyundai
By JOHN on 07/31/08 21:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our new Veracruz limited in July and traded in our 02 expedition eb. I really didn't think I would be happy with a smaller vehicle after driving an expedition for almost 7 years, but guess what, I am. This vehicle has more technolgy than I know what to do with. When I pass a Lexus, I don't see any difference. Maybe a lot less, but they look alike. Considering all the cuv's out there to choose from, I think this Hyundai is one of the best. It's a lot of car for the money.

Excellent SUV
By Gopi on 07/29/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent SUV. We went on road trip a week after,we bought this car and we had a nice & pleasant drive, we ever had with any other car/SUV.

Tremendous Value
By srr3306 on 07/13/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I traded an Infiniti FX for this car. As a result, I use that as a basis to compare. 'Cruz has all the luxury features, is quieter, built a little better (so far), has a better ride, and the audio with the the DVD package is the best I have ever heard from a factory. Fuel economy is about the same (disappointing since it is FWD with a six speed, weighs about the same and is a bit slower.) At least it likes regular. Handling is the only negative, but the FX is a unfair comparison. Compared to Highlanders and Pilots, it is fine.

Own A Lexus rx 330 But Hyundai Veracruz
By Robert Nell on 06/28/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Veracruz in early April in Florida.I drove it back to Wisc. in May. It's ride was better than my Lexus and the gas mileage about the same. It has even more features than my Lexus and for about 10 grand less Its interior leather is on par with my Lexus I think it Quality is as good as Lexus Will be leaving to go to Wyoming and can't wait to drive it on another rode trip. WE LOVE IT

Great!
By Kelly Collier on 06/16/08 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We love this vehicle. We have owned Subarus and Chryslers previously, and there is no comparison. It is very well put together and the interior ergonomics are very user friendly. We have 5 children and have plenty room for daily commutes. On longer trips if it were not for the luggage rack on top you would be in trouble. No additional storage with rear seats up.

Good Car for less money
By mike on 05/22/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Seems like a good vehicle. We have driven just a few 100 miles, but so far so good. Decent mileage, very good comfort, attractive looks.

Fantastic value and solid brand quality
By Steve on 05/16/08 15:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Nevermind the MotorTrend review where it beats the Lexus, or the various quality awards from JD Power, etc. This car is sleek and unbelievably refined and classy inside, and in the GLS FWD trim, an insane bargain at under 25k. The various traction and brake and ESC controls, 5 stars for safety and the tons of airbags make me feel its a great choice for our family. The driving is still sort of truck like, with acceleration and body roll pretty average, and the cabin's not as quiet as the reviews say it is, but overall still very impressive. Haven't had it long enough to have firsthand experience with its reliability, but I'm surprised at the lack of initial issues - none at all.

Great Job Hyundai
By Frank on 04/30/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Great car very comfy and stylish. Love the seat memory option, only had it for couple of weeks so far so good.

2007 vera-cruz
By bernard n.edwards on 04/28/08 15:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We are on our 7th Hyundai and wanted to share our thoughts about. What ever Hyundai products they come out with it will be well built, highly engineered, extremely good quality, and currently own a 2007 vere-cruz with the ultimate package, and a 2007 sonata limited, not only are they beautiful they are very reliable vehicles, and I get 25 mph with our Vera-cruz two wheel drive, and get 28 mph with our v6 sonata. We are very proud of our Hyundai's and will be buying the new Genesis sedan next summer, unless they put the v8 in the Vera-cruz. Now that would be something. I surely hope Hyundai at least make this an option. Some people critize a car no matter what. Hyundai rules in our house. Bernard Edwards.

Never thought that I would own a Hyundai
By Mike Bud on 04/25/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Drove the Pilot, Highlander, RAV, Arcadia, Outlook, and Santa Fe. I am a Toyotal fan, but the Highlander was a bit wide like a minivan and the RAV was a bit small. Test drove the Santa Fe a second time - nice but small for my needs. Finally, test drove the Veracruz. It was excellent - smooth transmission, quiet ride, instant feeling of luxury. This SUV is big, but comfortable. My kids love the third row. Drives smoother than my Sienna (which is excellent). I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this vehicle.