2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
1 Year Down and Loving it
By Augie on 11/10/08 00:46 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Today completes my first year of ownership. After nearly 16,000 miles I like it more every day. First thing I added was a trailer hitch. I towed my boat over the Cascade Mountains this past June with no issues and regular lowland towing is a breeze. Plenty of power, torque, and the suspension is satisfactory for towing. This vehicle is stout but still drives like a car. The ride is smooth and quiet and the handling is too. I recently did some dirt road driving on logging roads in Oregon and I hardly noticed the lack of pavement. It handles seven normal sized adult passengers comfortably or just me and all my gear with room to spare.

Electrical problems
By Don't do it. on 11/07/08 09:24 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I researched this vehicle before buying and found that all but one were great ratings. The one bad stated that he had electrical problems from the very beginning. Well, I am the second. After only 10 months, the alarm would trigger when ever I unlocked and opened the door. They replaced a circuit card. Then, the steering wheel would not tilt. They replaced the switch twice and then the steering column. Then it would not tilt nor telescope so they replaced a circuit card. Three weeks later, it's doing it again. The DVD volume is much louder than the radio and they can't fix it. The fan under the hood is very loud sometimes. I am getting lots of rattles and wind noise now.

After 1 year
By Hueydriver on 11/05/08 18:57 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the Veracruz for 1 year and am still very pleased. No issues other than one minor recall. Very comfortable, very peppy. Nice fit and finish. Hyundai has come a long way.

Hyundai Veracruz Limited 2008
By SK Wilson on 10/30/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Only had it two months... but love it! No complaints other than no ability to have a cargo cover.

Great SUV
By REL on 10/18/08 20:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Veracruz is a very quiet smooth riding suv with very good quality, it has many extra features for the money. The only problem I have with the Veracruz is the gas mileage, it is less than I expected.

VERACRUZ LIMITED AWD
By alphamale1 on 10/05/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Nice vehicle. The wife has a bad back and the lumbar support is helpful. Too bad the MPG city is not better.

Still a Great Value! Still a Nice Ride!
By kandue on 09/30/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I wrote a review in October 2007 after owning the Veracruz for 2 weeks. After having owned for a year now I am pleased to report that I am as happy with the Veracruz today as then. Not a single thing has needed to be fixed. Everything has worked perfectly from Day 1 and continues to be a joy to drive...city and highway. My wife is even more pleased with the Veracruz as she drives it more than I do.

Good Bang for Your Buck!
By Nicole on 09/03/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We love our new Veracruz!! We've done a lot of research on crossover vehicles, and test drove several cars before deciding on the VC. It's super comfortable and has so many extras that the competitors charge much more for. This is a great vehicle for the money!

Totally Amazed
By Bill Stewart on 08/24/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After months of research, I chose the Veracruz and love it! This SUV is extremely quiet, has plenty of horsepower and is a pleasure to drive. The power lift gate is the bomb having kids and the third row seats come in handy when carrying the neighbors kids along. Great job Hyundai - keep up the great work! I'd definitely buy another one!

Happy with Hyundia
By dvzee1 on 08/19/08 09:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Our first Hyundai. Impressed with fit and finish, ride and driving. Car drives very smooth for its truck listing. Very good on comfort, my wife is 5 foot and I am 6'1". Fits us both. Appearance wise we are very pleased with the Beige exterior and saddle leather interior. We were impressed with the way Hyundai backs there product.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.