Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Great SUV
By StuCyn

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Fantastic vehicle for the money. We bought the Limited and love it. Best features are the proximity key and auto open/close lift gate. The navigation system is so so but the stereo system rocks. Great head room and very comfortable for long trips. Very quiet ride with very little road noise. We test drove several other SUV makes and found them overpriced for the same features and less warranty.

Auto lift gate, proximity key, hidden glove box key is cool too.

Please include cross rails for the roof top cargo rails. You can't use the roof with out them and they're 200 dollars each!

Pleasant Surprise
By bayarea

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first non-Toyota/Honda vehicle and I was pleasantly surprised that my Hyundai Veracruz is such a great vehicle. I have had it for 8 months now and I am very satisfied with it. The ride quality is excellent and very smooth. Handles like a car on curves. In normal commute I get about 20 mpg on average, although I have even got up to 25 mpg on the I-5 from sf to la. The interior design is very thoughtful and practical. Very comfortable seating. No mechanical problems so far after 10k of driving. I paid about $4000 less than what I would have paid for a comparable Toyota highlander.

Handling, comfort, reliability.

Rear camera can be made an optional feature as it can be difficult sometime when reversing. But that was a problem with all the SUVs I have seen.

Move over Mazda CX9!
By bernibookh

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Hyundai Veracruz Limited Edition is the best SUV on the market!(personal Opinion) After buying a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica, which turned out to be a Lemon,(Buy Back) I had my mind set on the Mazda CX9. My husband kept telling me to look at the Veracruz before buying the Mazda CX9, and I am soo happy I did! This vehicle is nice and is loaded with the best stuff! Compare interior and exterior...but by far, Hyundai Veracruz has better Warranty and the dealership was 100% better on satisfying customers! Like everyone is saying...try it! You will be glad you did! No regrets here!

Sirrus Radio, Third row seating, Sunroof, CD player (holds 6) Auto steering wheel, memory seating for 2, Interior lighting...(yes I also love the blue highlights) Auto open and close tailgate...(no more trying to close by hand) I just love everything!

I have none to report at this time!!!

Just in LOVE with it
By newhyundai

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I just purchased this vehicle a week ago. I drive it mostly and I love it! The ride is smooth and quiet. It is our first Hyundai and I wouldn't go back and buy a different vehicle if I could!

The back up sensor and small rearview mirror for seeing in the backseat as I have a toddler. Also the memory settings. My husband is 6'5" and I'm 5'6" so everything gets moved whenever the other person drives.

Some sort of friction on the leather wrapped steering wheel.It is very soft and smooth so turning could be an issue if you can't get a good grip on the wheel. It hasn't happened but I'm being careful.Going to purchase a cover.

Excellent Vehicle
By Vlad

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Hyundai and I'm very happy with the vehicle so far. Had thoroughly reviewed and test-driven several crossovers, including the Highlander, CX-9, Veracruz and Pilot. Overall, Veracruz offered the most options, the best warranty, and the highest bottom line value. I'm getting about 16/23 MPG city/highway, which is not bad at all given the vehicle size. If you're in the market for a comfortable mid-size crossover at bargain price, you have to test-drive the Veracruz.

Ride comfort, engine power and quietness, 6-speed transmission, seats,all-around visibility

Steering is somewhat sluggish on corners, but that is the price for ride comfort.