2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
Best bang for the buck
By ACD on 01/22/09 17:05 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Started out at the 2008 CAS and compared all 7 passenger cars. Narrowed it down to Saturn Outlook and the Veracruz, Saturn lost. So far 9800 miles and not a single problem other than two broken seat belt clips from a clumsy kid. Handles snow great, even through 2' drifts. I have nothing bad to say about it, only thing that is annoying is the XM radio switches back to preview channel when you switch to AM/FM. MPG on highway tops 25 MPG, but winter has it down to 17.3 overall. Summer 19 MPG. It's my favorite car. My daily driver is a Toyota Camry Hybrid, so I get to have fun once in a while and drive this instead.

Buy one
By Mausguy on 01/17/09 17:12 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Cruz. Quality from front to back. They added little items like reading light, rear armrest with storage and more, make this car a joy. I smile as I get in to drive it. With the rebate of $4K you cannot go wrong. Watch out Toyota and Honda, there's a gunslinger in town

Great Value
By Bill on 01/16/09 06:32 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have been driving this SUV for a month. It is a great value for the amount of items included. We bought the Limited FWD version for $26,000.00. You can't buy a HONDA CRV for this amount with a 4 cylinder. Only one problem so far, the seat memory switch had to be changed. Dealer is great to work with. The Infinity stereo is OK not great, but overall still very pleased with the quality of the vehicle. Third row seating is great. Gas mileage so far is about 18 MPG (city driving) not to bad considering. Love the safety features. Honda, Lexus/Toyota can learn something from Hyundai. The are overpriced and over rated.

veracruz is fantastic!
By Ken on 01/11/09 11:23 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited FWD and drove from Texas to Kansas. This vehicle is very nice, and comes equipped better than a Lexus RX350. It also has a better warranty than the Lexus. The third row seat fold flat and is big enough for two adults. I was going to buy the Nissan Murano but the third row plus a better deal than an equivalently equipped Murano helped me choose the Veracruz. The exterior and interior fit and finish is very nice with tight tolerances. It's quiet at highway speeds, six speed automatic transmission with manual mode, and loaded with just about every convenience you could want. Power liftgate, leather heated seats, heated side mirrors, sunroof, etc

Great Vehicle
By REG331 on 12/11/08 04:44 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2008 Hyundai Limited AWD 3 weeks ago. So far I have been very impressed with the build quality and performance of this vehicle. This vehicle is loaded with all the options found in Lexus. The best part is the price. Purchased this vehicle for thousands less than Lexus, and a $4,000 Rebate. Mileage is better than my 2000 Tundra and even though I wish it was better, what can you expect when you purchase a 7 passenger vehicle. Navigation system is manufactured by LG and much easier to use than the Nav system in my Lexus.

Regret
By Ricardo on 11/23/08 21:33 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my Santa Fe for this because Hyundai gave me the highest trade in value. The exterior was so so. The interior was great. Soft touch material. Good looking leather. It drove quiet. Infinity radio is not that impressive but ok. However, within a month, the leather starts to fade. It starts to pick up road noise. Some rattle starts to show up here and there. Most serious problem was the transmission. I heard a lot of good things about the Aisian transmission. However, my transmission has problem shifting from 3rd to 4th gear, rumbling a lot. It went back to the dealership. They told me that there was nothing wrong. They also broke their promise about loaner car. Regret

Love My VeraCruz
By Cameron on 11/19/08 21:33 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

When we bought the VeraCruz we had looked at probably 15 different SUV's and the VeraCruz was the best for you money. I was very very surprised how much power the car has, It can get up and go. Love the 10 Speaker infinity Sound system with Cd changer, Nice looking wheels. I drive this SUV alot on the Highway and get about 23-24 MPG. I love the turn signals on the mirrors. Also love that the dash lights up blue. I used to be in love with my Explorer but we I got this i fell in love all over again and my 03 Explorer just sits.

Hyundai will wow you!
By r kelley on 11/18/08 15:13 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 3rd Hyundai and let me say this is one heck of a suv. To all who dont look at Veracruz before you buy, shame on you for the money and all you get this is the best buy on the market as Paul Harvey would say good day!

EXCELLENT CROSSOVER
By SH on 11/11/08 10:13 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car. We debated a lot on which crossover to purchase, and finally decided that the VC was the best deal. We couldn't get any other car with all the features we wanted for this price. The dealership even added the Parrot bluetooth system, which is really convenient. Fuel economy is probably its greatest weakness, averaging about 20mpg, but still is comparable to its competitors. Other cool features, the rear view mirrors tilt down when you're in reverse so you can see how close you are to the curb (can turn this feature off as well). Seats are pretty comfy, even the third row where we've had a few adult passengers have a comfortable ride. We love the power liftgate.

1 Year Down and Loving it
By Augie on 11/10/08 00:46 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Today completes my first year of ownership. After nearly 16,000 miles I like it more every day. First thing I added was a trailer hitch. I towed my boat over the Cascade Mountains this past June with no issues and regular lowland towing is a breeze. Plenty of power, torque, and the suspension is satisfactory for towing. This vehicle is stout but still drives like a car. The ride is smooth and quiet and the handling is too. I recently did some dirt road driving on logging roads in Oregon and I hardly noticed the lack of pavement. It handles seven normal sized adult passengers comfortably or just me and all my gear with room to spare.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.