Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

One of the best for the money
By steve

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Had the vehicle for a year and half. The ride is quite and smooth even at 80 MPH. We have had one small problem,the rear door seals needed to be replaced due to shrinkage. No MP3 or Ipod adapter. We would buy another Hyundai in the future.

Radio, seats are very comfortable, build quality, very quite and smooth on the road. The automatic tailgate.

Include some extra features on the limited, bluetooth, side step rails, MP3 connection. The visors are a bit off when you turn them to the sides.

Hyundai
By Bob Boeschel

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

At first I was impressed with the car, but the doorhandles fell apart twice. I had a constant squeak in the right rear when going over bumps.Also the air noise in the car was enough where I had to turn up the radio. The dealer helped as much as he could. But I still have the squeak and air noise.I would also improve the ride. Very hard.

The radio.

Better ride and quality. I would think twice before I buy another one. Comparing this car to a Lexes 350 is a stretch.

Gas Mileage, fantastic on highway!!!
By bernibookh

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I wrote the first review on the Veracruz and I must admit I am still "VERY MUCH SATISFIED!!" My son and I traveled to Boston MA. two weeks ago, and we were so impressed at the gas mileage the Veracruz gave! My son and I decided to split the miles in half(389 each). I started out first from NC. I decided to stop and get gas after traveling 479 miles (son went to sleep) I still had a quarter of a tank left! I have to admit, I was so impressed! This was a comfortable and inexpensive trip!

Stereo system with Sirius radio, back up sensors, heated seats, sun roof, Night vision mirrors, GAS MILEAGE, interior lighting....everything!

Still have non to report!

2008 veracruz
By SG

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

overall its a decent vehicle; however it developed multiple rattles which the dealer can never seem to find. Not very comfortable driving position for tall drivers. I do like the entertainment system w/dvd, however headphones are flimsy & can easily break..both of ours did...the front seats could be more comfortable.Reason we purchased is it gave us more features for less money than the cx9 which we strongly considered. Those rattles take all the joy out when driving the car, which to me is a sign of workmanship

interior design; dvd entertainment system

power seat adjustments need to be more advanced. the seat should go back farther, move down lower, move up higher...seats need a better design or more adjustments. Ride in the rear & 3rd row seat is much rougher than in the front...

Love My Veracruz
By Kathy

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. It drives smooth, is amazing on ice and snow and is just as nice to look at as the Acura everyone else seems to own here in Alaska. I was surprised at how quick it accelerates and it purrs at 70 to 75 mph. The Bluetooth is a feature that I will never live without. For the $ I paid ($24K) I feel like I got the best car for the money. I smile every time I drive it. Dealership support also has been fantastic.

Bluetooth two tone exterior paint nice interior amazing control on ice and snow

The only thing I would change are the locks. Seems like I have to hit open more than once a lot to get the remote to work. It's also easy to close the back hatch and have it not quite close all the way. You have to slam it.