2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
A contender
By Anders on 05/21/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have the 2008 base model. I am very impressed by how good the car is, both in performance, comfort and design. It is very competitive with the 2005 Honda Pilot I also have. In exterior design and ride it is even better. My only peeve is the audio quality, which lacks resolution and "life" compared to may other OEM systems.

Hyundai's come a long way
By Pinevalleyite on 05/08/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car (in 1986) was a Hyundai Excel. Perfect price for the newly graduated and employed. People made fun of "Hyundai" back then. Seems the rep has changed and I'm loving my new Hyundai Veracruz. Ride is so smooth and it feels like a luxury vehicle. Lots of nice interior touches and great handling and maneuvering. While competing dealers will tell you the Veracruz is not "in the same class" as their crossover, it's priced right and I'm listening to the reports from the experts that Hyundai is making a quality vehicle. Time will tell, but love it so far.

good choise
By jack on 05/04/09 05:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have the limited and it is the best suv I had ever owned. I had an 2007 honda pilot and the veracruz wins by far. it is so quite on the road its hard to believe your moving, and the ride is the best, very smooth. This is my fourth Hyundai and they just get better, I had two Santa fe,s 01 & 03 and both were great. My wife has an 04 XG350L and had no problems. Hope this helps anyone looking at Hyundai.

More than a year and still love it!
By santa rosa on 04/28/09 06:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After over 1yr I have 14K on my '08 Veracruz Limited. The vehicle has been nearly flawless! Nothing has gone wrong - not even minor problems. The interior still looks new even with kids. The interior layout is completely intuitive and the best I have had on any vehicle. A minor complaint is acceleration from a stop. But, to my surprise, using premium fuel does improve this problem a bit. The interior space is exceptional. We cart 2 kids with child seats and gear and the VC has ample room. Ride comfort for long trips is great. My wife's vehicle is an '08 Lexus RX350 and I can say the 2 are fairly comparable. We usually take the VC for trips because it has more storage space and a 3rd row.

Luxury Car at Bargain Price
By Vlad on 04/23/09 22:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second review of Veracruz. With 1500 miles on it I'm enjoying the vehicle more and more. Prior to car purchase, i'd thought "Well, this is not Pilot or Highlander or CX-9, but it costs about 6 grand less". What i realize now Veracruz is actually at least AS GOOD as any competition, has a superior warranty AND it will leave a bunch of green in your wallet. It doesn't have a big name yet, but a brand name is probably not worth this much money.

Great SUV
By StuCyn on 04/20/09 20:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Fantastic vehicle for the money. We bought the Limited and love it. Best features are the proximity key and auto open/close lift gate. The navigation system is so so but the stereo system rocks. Great head room and very comfortable for long trips. Very quiet ride with very little road noise. We test drove several other SUV makes and found them overpriced for the same features and less warranty.

Pleasant Surprise
By bayarea on 04/08/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first non-Toyota/Honda vehicle and I was pleasantly surprised that my Hyundai Veracruz is such a great vehicle. I have had it for 8 months now and I am very satisfied with it. The ride quality is excellent and very smooth. Handles like a car on curves. In normal commute I get about 20 mpg on average, although I have even got up to 25 mpg on the I-5 from sf to la. The interior design is very thoughtful and practical. Very comfortable seating. No mechanical problems so far after 10k of driving. I paid about $4000 less than what I would have paid for a comparable Toyota highlander.

Move over Mazda CX9!
By bernibookh on 03/31/09 22:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Hyundai Veracruz Limited Edition is the best SUV on the market!(personal Opinion) After buying a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica, which turned out to be a Lemon,(Buy Back) I had my mind set on the Mazda CX9. My husband kept telling me to look at the Veracruz before buying the Mazda CX9, and I am soo happy I did! This vehicle is nice and is loaded with the best stuff! Compare interior and exterior...but by far, Hyundai Veracruz has better Warranty and the dealership was 100% better on satisfying customers! Like everyone is saying...try it! You will be glad you did! No regrets here!

Just in LOVE with it
By newhyundai on 03/26/09 11:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I just purchased this vehicle a week ago. I drive it mostly and I love it! The ride is smooth and quiet. It is our first Hyundai and I wouldn't go back and buy a different vehicle if I could!

Excellent Vehicle
By Vlad on 03/20/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Hyundai and I'm very happy with the vehicle so far. Had thoroughly reviewed and test-driven several crossovers, including the Highlander, CX-9, Veracruz and Pilot. Overall, Veracruz offered the most options, the best warranty, and the highest bottom line value. I'm getting about 16/23 MPG city/highway, which is not bad at all given the vehicle size. If you're in the market for a comfortable mid-size crossover at bargain price, you have to test-drive the Veracruz.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.