2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
One of the best for the money
By steve on 07/22/10 20:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Had the vehicle for a year and half. The ride is quite and smooth even at 80 MPH. We have had one small problem,the rear door seals needed to be replaced due to shrinkage. No MP3 or Ipod adapter. We would buy another Hyundai in the future.

Hyundai
By Bob Boeschel on 02/24/10 10:25 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

At first I was impressed with the car, but the doorhandles fell apart twice. I had a constant squeak in the right rear when going over bumps.Also the air noise in the car was enough where I had to turn up the radio. The dealer helped as much as he could. But I still have the squeak and air noise.I would also improve the ride. Very hard.

Gas Mileage, fantastic on highway!!!
By bernibookh on 12/18/09 20:56 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I wrote the first review on the Veracruz and I must admit I am still "VERY MUCH SATISFIED!!" My son and I traveled to Boston MA. two weeks ago, and we were so impressed at the gas mileage the Veracruz gave! My son and I decided to split the miles in half(389 each). I started out first from NC. I decided to stop and get gas after traveling 479 miles (son went to sleep) I still had a quarter of a tank left! I have to admit, I was so impressed! This was a comfortable and inexpensive trip!

2008 veracruz
By SG on 12/05/09 15:51 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

overall its a decent vehicle; however it developed multiple rattles which the dealer can never seem to find. Not very comfortable driving position for tall drivers. I do like the entertainment system w/dvd, however headphones are flimsy & can easily break..both of ours did...the front seats could be more comfortable.Reason we purchased is it gave us more features for less money than the cx9 which we strongly considered. Those rattles take all the joy out when driving the car, which to me is a sign of workmanship

Love My Veracruz
By Kathy on 08/17/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. It drives smooth, is amazing on ice and snow and is just as nice to look at as the Acura everyone else seems to own here in Alaska. I was surprised at how quick it accelerates and it purrs at 70 to 75 mph. The Bluetooth is a feature that I will never live without. For the $ I paid ($24K) I feel like I got the best car for the money. I smile every time I drive it. Dealership support also has been fantastic.

From Honda to Hyundai
By Bornitetx on 08/16/09 21:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

When the family grew it was time to get into the SUV market...never thought I would have purchased a Hyundai...but glad I did!! I was always a loyal Honda diver..but the Pilot did not compare to the Veracruz (price/warranty/amenities. So far smooth diving and no complaints other than gas mileage could be better but since this is my 1st suv, I expected this to change. I enjoy all the luxury items at a great price that was better than the CX-9, Highlander, and Pilot. I would highly recommend this vehicle. I like having a nice quiet comfortable ride on long trips and this car pampers you, and yes as it has been compared to the Lexus 350 it is much less expensive and still has that luxury feel!!

Great Hyundai
By mrfred on 07/09/09 14:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Got 10000 off, it was a new left over Rides very quietly, handles well, I was really shocked how well built it is, how much conveniences you get for the money(paid 29300, 22 miles on it), came with the navi system but unable to get rear dvd system with the nav (strange)

2008 veracruz
By andy on 06/17/09 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a Tucson for the Veracruz. Have been happy with the size and 3rd row seats. A bit disappointed however by the power train. It's a dog to get moving from a stop which can be a problem in sticky situations. Transmission also gets confused as to when to shift and the engine can easily overpower the tranny before it shifts, better to do the manual shift. Fuel economy is not bad but could be a bit better. Have had a few qc issues. Car was sold with a bad tire and or rim, the rear quarter fills with water from the rear ac unit and both under mirror lights have popped out ..

Suspension noice
By magne schille on 06/01/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I like this car. I have about 12,000 on it. Have been back to dealer twice for service and one complaint that has not been fixed. It is the excessive suspension noise on uneven pavement. It sounds like car is falling apart. Dealer said I had 50 lb. Of air in tires. Second time back I was told nothing is wrong, but that I had to get used to " driving a truck". Consumer magazine talked about this problem, but nobody else.

Good Value
By Good Value on 05/30/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 Veracruz in March of 2009, and it was sold at invoice, and with a $6000 rebate in addition, so it came it a little over $20,000 for a nicely equipped crossover vehicle. An SUV is built on a truck chassis, so I would consider this a crossover. Nice design and build quality, and a nice vehicle to drive. The only negatives are the poor fuel economy (l5 mpg. city), and the very poor reception of the AM radio, which has a poor tuner. The satellite and FM radio reception is fine, but I like to listen to AM. I listened to another Veracruz and it had the same poor tuner. Nice room for seven here, and a very good value for the money. Just be ready to buy anot

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.