2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
Lemonade
By hyundaisux on 03/13/14 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

What a disappointing piece of junk. If you buy Hyundai, you best buy two as one will always be in the shop. I made lemonade with mine!

You get what you pay for - no great deal
By captainkoz on 02/01/14 21:59 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2008 Veracruz AWD fully loaded except for the nav. At first I loved it. It looks great, rides super quiet unless the road is bumpy, & seemed to be more than it was. Little by little it started falling apart & a lousy service department isnt helping my love for the car. At 17k miles the front rotors warped & (Dis)Advantage Hyundai in Hicksville NY wouldnt honor it. Really? Your going to fight me on rotors at 17k mi? 1st red flag. Then there were 3 recalls which I respect as a good thing, except even with an appointment they took way too long & in summary ended up leaving a cover screw out and cross threading 2 others. When I noticed the missing screw I was accused of leaving it out

Great vehicle
By foz682 on 11/11/12 04:10 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had it for a few weeks now, but so far so good. I'm getting around 19MPG with mixed driving. It has lots of little features that make life easier, such as the proximity key, power tailgate, cool box in console, placement of interior lights is grea,t very comfortable and powerful. The one this that does bother me just a little is that the rear dvd player renders your rearview mirror useless, it totally blocks the rear window when in use.

50K Miles and still love my car
By astralsqual on 09/23/11 14:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Shortly prior to buying this car, I was doing a significant amount of traveling for work and so was renting a lot of cars. I had always been a honda fan, but was really dissapointed with the Accord. It just wasn't comfortable to drive. Then I had a Mazda, VW, Suzuki, and more, but I was most impressed with the Elantra. It had a great set up and was easy to drive. I went down to the dealership to look at Elantras and then I saw the Veracruz. I took a test drive and was blown away - So comfortable, nice set up of the control panel, just a really great vehicle to drive. I can't say enough great things about this car. Third row seat is just wonderful to have for carpooling with kids.

Still love it
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Going on 3 years and over 36000 miles with no major problems. Vehicle runs great and loaded with extras that are standard. Read some reviews on this site that complain about the Hyundai but this was our third Hyundai and my wife now has an Elantra which is our fourth. Exceptional value for the money. Car looks good, is comfortable, roomy and reliable. Best vehicle I have ever owned and I'm 62 years old and have owned a lot of different vehicles.

Two Years and 19K miles later
By Mike on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Going on two years now the Veracruz has been decent, but I've had the rear DVD player replaced and now the rear heat and A/C doesn't work. It started with a squeak in the right rear compartment. It was a part on the rear blower system. The dealer has been great but should I have had these problems so soon? Let me answer my own question NO! I hope this is not the beginning of a lemon car. I gave Hyundai a chance I hope I don't regret it. This is their top of the line SUV, right? I've taken it on two decent size trips. It has performed flawlessly. I gotten as high as 24 mpg. Enough of the silly problems already. If I had the ging I would have bought an RX Lexus. Good luck to us Veracruz owners.

Problems with being reliable
By Dianna on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The first week I had It I had to have the battery replaced. The other day I started it up, put it reverse and it gave a hard jolt. 5 minutes later I pressed the gas pedal down and It would only go 5 miles an hour. I stopped, call road service and when he arrived it miraculously was back to normal. The next day, it wouldn't start at all. I do have a 100,000 mile warranty but this is my very first Hyundai. I have always owned Toyota's. I am very discouraged and only hope whatever the problem is, they find it, fix it and I have no more problems. I have never had any problems with any of my new cars before. 4 x's in 2 years is 4 times too much. I have to have a reliable car.

Too many recalls
By cjunbug on 08/18/10 07:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The first couple of months it was fun to drive; we enjoyed the comfort, quietness and styling, until the recall notifications start to come. In the two year span that we owned it we have about 4 recalls. Then the last incident is the one that really prompt me to dump the vehicle, it wont drive faster than 5 miles per hour, turn it off and then re-start it and it will drive normal. then you drive it again and while it is moving at various speeds, it will just quit on you and will not go no more than 5 MPH. They fixed it for free, and finally traded it in for TOYOTA VENZA. I don't think I will buy another Hyundai, even if they guarantee it for 200,000 miles

Great SUV
By Dan on 08/09/10 22:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Having never bought a foreign brand, i was very hesitant. We drove the Veracruz Limited, along with several other brands. I must admit that the car impressed us from the start. We drive several thousand miles per year, have made trips of up to 800 miles in one day. The car continues to impress us. This is absolutely the most vehicle for the money. Drove domestics for 30 years. Last vehicle was an Expedition Eddie Bauer. While smaller, this vehicle's quality is every bit as good as the Ford.

One of the best for the money
By steve on 07/22/10 20:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Had the vehicle for a year and half. The ride is quite and smooth even at 80 MPH. We have had one small problem,the rear door seals needed to be replaced due to shrinkage. No MP3 or Ipod adapter. We would buy another Hyundai in the future.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Hyundai Veracruz in WA is:

$142 per month*