Amazing
By suvlover21 on
2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
Bought this vehicle used just recently after looking for the past 3 months for an SUV that suited my needs. I test drove SUVs ranging from the kia Sorento Base all the way upto a Mazda Cx9 loaded. The Veracruz V6 and 6 speed transmission gives it plenty of power to get out into traffic, merge, and pass. The ride is incredibly smooth as well as the transmission shifts. I also love the fact I found an SUV that averages 20.5 MPG in mixed driving when my 2007 V6 sedan was averaging 25 mixed, I figured I'd be dropping MPG a lot more than that and I am quite satisfied I was wrong.
Favorite Features
The 10 Speaker Infinity Surround sound is amazing with plenty of base and is really loud. The leather seats are also very comfortable. The headlights are awesome, the beam pattern is very precise and goes a long ways out minimizing the use of the bright lights. I also LOVE the blue dash lights versus other companies green or red. The V6 is very strong, I'm a power junky and tend to lean towards V8s due to the extra power, this V6 shocked me with the power when I pushed the throttle down.
Suggested Improvements
Only suggestion I could come up with would be to either adjust the bright lights so they point more towards the ground or give an HID option. The bottom of the bright light beam starts at the top point of the low beam so the brights are basically pointing up towards the sky, which can be useful in hilly terrain but otherwise leaves the bright lights useless. I tend to like really bright lights and while the Veracruz Low beam system is bright enough for most I plan to upgrade mine to HIDs within the next month or two.