2007 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
Hyundais have really improved
By Grayson Albers on 07/22/07 14:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love it. It's well-built, fun to drive, and is my favorite car ever. It is the most outstanding car Hyundai has ever built.

Tremendous Value in the Ltd model
By JHARLEY on 07/19/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Needed a replacement for an Expedition eating me alive in fuel bills. Veracruz fit the bill. Build quality is extremely good (near Luxus) and it rides well. Some say the ride is too soft but in a vehicle like this it's a good thing. I have driven it for 2100 miles (in 3 wks) & it runs great. Long 6 hr drives cause little fatigue. It delivers 22.5 mpg on highway and around 17.5 local driving. Handling is good (but no sport car) and the engine is responsive. The best part of the drive train is the 6 spd trans. Its smooth as silk. No joke, as in the TV commercial, my friend entered a nearby Lexus RX 350 thinking it my car. That said, the $31k I paid was money well spent. I am happy.

I like it so far.
By Mark on 07/15/07 19:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

So far this is a great suv. I have 3 kids(1,3, and 8) so the third row was absolutely necessary and does the job quite well. I am replacing a dodge durango with this one so I am used to plenty of space and the veeracruz delivers. Access to the third row is very easy and folding it up and down is a lot easier than the durango. The fact that the veracruz is built on the same frame as their minivan makes the ride VERY smooth. The handling is also very good compared to some of the suvs in its class. Before going ahead with this choice we also test drove the Outlook, Acadia and Pilot and by far the veracruz is the best bang for the buck. I am recommending it to everyone looking for an suv.

Electrical problems
By Mark, CO on 07/12/07 10:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought a new Veracruz 6 weeks ago. Our main reason for purchasing the Veracruz is its safety features. Our main concern is that this vehicle has now been back to the dealership twice with electrical problems. On both occasions the vehicle would not start - the dealership seems to think it is just the battery (despite the battery checking out OK). The electrical equipment is also behaving very oddly. Clearly there is a major electrical problem with this vehicle which makes us concerned about the many electrical and safety features on this vehicle. Our advice - wait before buying this vehicle. We either have a lemon or Hyundai has a major electrical issue to resolve.

Fantastic Car-underpriced by $10k
By mikew on 07/07/07 00:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the GLS with the premium package (sunroof, power/heated seat) and have a very well appointed-luxury in my view, 7-seater crossover SUV for under $27k (we paid $200 over invoice) with a 10 year warranty. Incredible. This vehicle is rock solid, beautiful inside and out, and extremely quiet. We made a 300 mile trip with 4 + baby and all were quite comfortable (baby slept the whole way) and we had cavernous room for luggage/baby stuff. Flip the 3rd row and you still have room for the baby stuff. I cannot recommend this car more highly -get over the Hyundai "stigma" as it is wholly unjustified. Car of the Year right here...

I'm in love with my SUV!
By Baseball Mom on 07/06/07 07:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm the previous owner of (2)Santa Fe's (2001 & 2006). Fell in love with the Veracruz when I went car shopping with a friend. I love the Hyundai warranty (10 year, 10,000 miles) and the car is unbelievably comfortable, stylish and great performance. So glad that Hyundai finally has a luxury vehicle and believe me this crossover is really luxurious! I have people stop me all the time to ask about the vehicle. I've never had that happen before. It is a pleasure to drive, a nice smooth drive and much quieter interior than my Santa Fe. It really is outstanding.

Tremendous Value
By mjb56 on 07/01/07 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm extremely impressed with the value this vehicle offers. Shopped Pilot and Highlander but this won hands down. Other Hyundai owners convinced me of the reliability and value. Don't pass this by in your vehicle search. Can't wait to take a trip.

I Can't Believe I Bought a Hyundai
By kimcheeboy on 06/27/07 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I had originally planned to buy a Honda Pilot, but the Hyundai dealership is located next to the Honda Dealership and thought I'd take a look at the Veracruz. After the testdrive, I was sold. I got a good price (2% over invoice). My friends all love the car. Seven of us (all adult males) went to a ballgame and everyone felt comfortable (I was a little worried about the guy in the middle seat of the 2nd row). So far, I'm getting 23.1 mpg (with an average speed of 27 mph), much better than I expected. I teach at a college and have had several students approach me and tell me how hot the car looks. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Great Vehicle! LOVE IT!
By Sandra Briggs on 06/27/07 10:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is the turn-around vehicle for Hyundai. Beautiful styling, features, comfort, quiet, refined ride and handling. Much nicer interior than the MDX or CX-9. Love that it takes regular fuel. The Ultimate package was worth every penny. The sound is fantastic and the stereo controls intuitive and very easy to use. Cannot say enough about this CUV! I am no longer a loyalist to the Japanese manufacturers...A Winner!

Hyundai Veracruz Limited AWD
By carbuyer11 on 06/27/07 09:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a Veracruz for my wife's birthday. I'm a Honda guy so buying a Hyundai was a "leap of faith". Also considered a Pilot. Despite the $5K savings for purchasing a Pilot, the VC is simply a better, more refined vehicle for my needs. Build quality is outstanding. Quality of materials is first rate. The VC does everything well. Everyone thinking about a CUV should give this vehicle a chance. Throw out any pre-conceived notions about the brand and enjoy the Veracruz.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.