Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Disappointed
By SRG

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Read the warranty close;you'll need it. Stranded twice for massive power loss on highway. 3 times to the dealer for elec. glitches like alarm system malfunction. Warranty only allows for two roadside rescues per 12 month period; we needed more. Amazingly, if their vehicle breaks down more than twice in any one 12 month period, you have to pick up the towing fees to get them to fix something that's under warranty! You have work hard to get over 20mph in this car. Around town in gets 17 or so if you keep your foot out of it. If you drive like it's a 4 cylinder, you can get 22 on the highway (with a tailwind). If we could rewind the clock we wouldn't buy this car. Pay the extra $ for a Toyota.

Favorite Features

Road noise is very high in this car, which I enjoy since it makes the premium stereo hard to hear.

Suggested Improvements

An iron clad durable warranty would be beneficial with this car with roadside assistance that stands behind the warranty, no matter what. Mileage is average for category, but at least it's advertised to be above average - which is helpful for sales I'm sure.

Veracruz at 25,000 miles
By jrsactown

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased 07 Veracruz AWD Limited Natural Khaki on mothers day May 07. We know have 25,000 miles on it, and it has been the best car we have ever owned. Our friends always ask "is that a Lexus?" The car is great on highway and in the snow, the only problem we have had was the TPMS light staying on, it was a module that needed replacing, no other issues.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, AT rear hatch, backup sensors, great stereo, dual AC, 3rd row, quietness, AWD, and all the safety features

Suggested Improvements

Side body molding, change front end styling, suspension needs to be softer over bumps

2007 vera-cruz limited front drive
By bernard n edwards

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our 2007 Vera-cruz for a year and a half and it has been as usual a very good experience and other than a fuel filter upgrade recall the car is flawless and we are so proud of this beautiful black-diamond beauty and every time I drive it I am excited and feel like I am a Young kid again. The car is so smooth and the select shift is great and when we went to Florida I got 25 mpg and drove from Atlanta to cincy on a tank of fuel, and that is 500 miles, so if you people who complain about bad gas mileage, if you drive sensible you too will get this mileage. Love the high quality finish and the gorgeous inside and out and in my opinion it is the most beautiful suv on the market. Thanks

Favorite Features

Adjustable petals, 600 Watt radio rules, excellent quality, great ride and visibility, excellent design, michilin tires, powerlift gate, smooth six speed transmission, 3.8 engine, dvd player, quiet inside, lighted door scuff panels, fun to drive, dash layout is outstanding and easy to read, beautiful dash lights

Suggested Improvements

Chrome wheels, 375 hp v8, candy Apple red paint exterior, 3.8 engine from Genesis 290 hp. Needs high intenisty headlights option, wood trim on steering wheel and gearshift knob, interior design is top notch quality, and materials

Lovin' it. Going to upgrade ^^
By Nick

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine in July 07'. I bought the lowest model because I had some doubts about the maker. But I'm very very pleased with this car with 15000 on odo. No problemo. Doing about 19.5mpg mostly in the city. The only regret is that I..We (actually my wifes' car) didn't buy higher model. We should have bought at least the SE. We test drove all and yes, ALL suv and cuv in the similar class and it came down to VC and Highlander. Highlander was a nice suv also but we have no regrets whatsoever about choosing VC. Those who are in the market, I highly recommend VCruz. Test drive and see for yourselves. I can't wait to trade for higher model.

Favorite Features

This model doesn't come with a lot of feature so id say XM. Mood light is pretty cool. Luv the blue display light. Those who live in Tex should go to Huffines. And no~ I don't work there.^^

Suggested Improvements

None. About a yr ago I wrote my review but it didnt post for some reason.

A Little Disapointed
By Billy Lewis

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After being high pressured by the dealership, we finally signed on the line. Now with 13000 miles, we are beginning to wonder if we made a mistake. at 10,000 miles we had to return to the dealership, because my wife (primary driver) got stranded. At first they said it was the transmission, next they said it was the throttle body. After a week in the shop we got it back, and every time we slowed down for a red light, the transmission would jump and slip, then the drivers seat quit working. We have never gotten better than 22 mpg on a 500 mile trip, and around 1+ in town!I am not a happy camper at all!

Favorite Features

xm radio

Suggested Improvements

Get at least the mpg advertised!