Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

I've found a diamond!
By topboricua

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After considering the Rav4 and the Santa Fe, and neither fitting within my budget ($23k out the door). I looked into used Highlanders and the Veracruzes. Found some 2007's with all the perks (premium packages - leather, etc.), everything but the DVD player or navigation systems. This Veracruz is the most comfortable car ever! Soft on the road, and powerful when needed. Gas mileage is not the best (15city/22highway), but acceptable. The seats are super comfortable, the interior space is great! Even the 3rd row is not bad and I've sat back there (I'm 6'0). Everyone who's ridden in it loves it, and I think I'm a future Hyundai owner for life! Price was sweet at $22,300 (walkout) w/29k miles.

High off the ground, large sideview mirrors, comfortable seats, nice interior blue dash lighting, soft ride, powerful, quiet!, and the rear sensors for backing up are AWESOME!, sideview mirror signals, sunroof.

Better gas mileage (prob never happen), cross bars on the roof rack (currently just side rails), mp3 player input, get- in handles for back row (currently pull- down).

SUV I ever want to be driving
By Praveen

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We went shopping for an SUV 2 years ago. Test drove Toyota, VW and third in line was this babe. Both myself and my wife were so baffled with the quality of the vehicle, we decided to buy it immediately. sort of "love at first drive". Gives us about 19 in city driving and has given as much as 27 on highway. 2 years and we still love this babe. Engine revs freely (responds well with Shell gasoline) and is surprisingly quick off the line. Quality of materials inside the vehicle is awesome.

XM radio. We would have loved blue tooth and navigation system which was not available on this first model

None that i can think of. True value for money or rather luxury for money.

It's Ok, but not a Lexus
By c mikaya

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase my car in June 07, going down from a Sequoia. The Veracuse reminded me of a Lexus, but a Lexus it ain't. The seats in this car have never been as comfortable as my old Sequoia and I find the velor type material difficult to clean. The all wheel drive has been very reliable on my mountainous road, but the mileage is not good and that was the reason I traded my Sequoia in. With that model I was getting 17.8 mpg and with this vehicle it's the same or 18 mpg, what a disappointment. Now that I have 55,000 miles on the vehicle the right ball bearing has gone and the latch on the center console broke. I think Hyundai is working on improvement, but I am ready to try something else

The exterior look and the all wheel component

More comfortable seats, better construction and better gas mileage

2007 hyundai limited
By bernard edwards

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Hello, I just wanted to share with you folks my experience with my Vera-cruz limited. I now have had it over two years now and had one minor recall on it to install a better fuel filter. The car is so beautiful, I never get tired of looking at it and I have a two wheel drive and I get 24 miles per gallon, and I am amazed at the Lexus quality it has and this is my 7th Hyundai, and I will be getting the new 2009 Vera cruz with the same color and equipment as I just love this car as it has a lot of class and I can only say to you folks that buy a Hyundai and you won't regret it.. The car has the ultimate package on it and I love the 605 Watt radio and ten speakers and the dvd, wow what a car we love it

605 Watt radio, adjustable petals, strong engine but should have the gegesis 3.8 290 horse engine in it, super comfortable ride, high quality inside and out, beautiful styling, and great warranty, and no problems after 2years and love the Michelin tires, and the black diamond paint, and is very quiet ride

Needs the v8 engine as a option, and or the Genesis 290 hp 3.8 engine, side bolsters need more firm padding. Kia has the v8 option so why not the flagship Vera-cruz?why don't Hyundai offer hid headlights, should be standard on cars that cost over 30,000 dollors.

Hyundai Veracruz
By Disappointed

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in the FWD Model and not the AWD version. It is horrible in the snow, I had other FWD's and they blew this vehicle away. It gets stuck with just a dusting of snow. It also hydroplanes on the Interstate with just a little rain. The divers side window would not go up and had to go abck to dealership to correct the problem. The brake rotors had to be ground down to get rid of the shimming when the brakes were applied. I am very disappointed at the 29,000 dollar vehicle. i am getting rid of it to get something I can feel safe driving.

The only nice feature with the vehicle is the style although, there is a very bad blind spot on the rear quarters that almost got my family killed. The lights are bright and this is also a hazard, since everyone hits you with theirs, even though you do not have yours on.

It is a pain to change the oil having to remove all the bolts from the engine cover.The cheap paper oil filter did not thrill me also. The stock tires on the car should be thrown away immediately, since they are a hazard. The overall paint and body integrity is very cheap on this vehicle.