2007 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
Great During the Daylight Hours
By conr2286 on 06/23/08 20:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Veracruz has absolutely the best 3rd row seating available in a crossover suv. And if you're filling those seats, the fuel economy per passenger-mile is great. But, our vehicle has averaged only 16 mpg in mostly city travel. And at $4.00/gallon... A hybrid might be worth the extra cost.

Got a lemon
By cruzin3 on 06/19/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought it in July 07, the first 1 that the dealer got in. I've had nothing but problems with this car and I'm considering arbitration to resolve the matter (in NV, you have to have the same prob 4x). My first incident happened at approx 1,000 miles when my fuel pump failed to get enough pressure and my car almost left me stranded in the middle of the desert. I had to take it back right away to get fixed again. At 7500 miles, I had to have my fuel pump replaced once again because the car kept seriously lagging on hills and sometimes would not start or start rough. Now the ESC off light comes on, wouldn't go in reverse for 20 mins, and once again lags on hills. Interior is nice though.

Short Drivers Only
By Stormking on 06/15/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This SUV was on my list when I bought it, but the $5200 off list convinced me. But within a week of driving, I found it was not meant for someone over six feet tall (I'm 6-2). It's smaller brethren, the Santa Fe and Tucson, have significantly more leg room. I can not drive this for any length of time at all, and am looking to replace it with something more driver friendly. A good vehicle otherwise, but what the hey . . . .

pleased so far
By steve on 05/26/08 06:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I checked several vehicles in this category and the limited Veracruz was the best for the money. Looks good,rides smooth is comfortable for my larger family. I was a bit disappointed in the dealer service when the oil cap was left off and in Phoenix. They made me drive to another dealer since they wouldn't give me a oil cap. Have called the orignial dealer for an oil change, (said it was free) and have had no call responses. I hope the durability of the car is better than the dealer service so far. Highway miles are so far averaging 22-23 and not close to the 26 advertised. I am not pleased by the drop I see in the resale value to date.

Transmission Trouble
By Craig Christiansen on 05/25/08 00:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 2007 Veracruz and actually loved it for a while. After 10,000 miles, the transmission starts to have some serious problems. When traveling at 45-50 mph, the transmission automatically drops into a low gear, where it becomes noisy and starts rumbling and vibrating. We took the vehicle in for service on 4 occasions. The service dept would not even admit a problem until a corporate technician verified it. Even then, they said that there was nothing they could do to fix it. The reviews comparing it to a Lexus might apply when brand new, but not with 10k miles on it. We tested 3 other Veracruz models at the dealer, but the same problem was present in each (to different degrees).

Air Bag/Customer Service Problems
By Nikki Yount on 05/23/08 06:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I recently had a head-on accident in my Veracruz (airbags did NOT deploy), with $13,000 worth of damage and I am getting absolutely no help from Hyundai National Consumer Affairs. In fact, they sent me a letter regarding my vehicle and the accident and stated the wrong vehicle in the letter - they mentioned I owned an Elantra. I will be getting rid of my Veracruz and never purchasing a Hyundai again. Customer service says a lot for a company.

happy camper
By happy camper on 05/06/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Veracruz less than six months. Before buying this car I researched a number of cars. My plan all along was to buy a toyota. With my comparsion of cars I tried to throw the Veracruz out of the group.After driving the Veracruz it was a done deal.The one and best feature of the Hyundai is the warranty. No one tops this and it speaks for the car. Remember when the Toyota came into our market we were not sure it was as good the U.S. made cars. Hyundai is now in that space. I am here to tell you after owning two toyotas the Hyundai is its equal and one step better with the warranty.

25,000 miles / one winter under the belt
By Chasefranklin7 on 04/28/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This winter in the Chicago area gave us our fair share of snow, and when I bought this vehicle I would never have thought this - but there were times when the snow was heavy that I took the VC instead of my Suburban! The topper is - the VC is only front wheel drive va. the four wheel on the Sub. When I bought this car I was worried about how my clients would view it when we went to golf or dinner. Most thought it was a Lexus and everyone not only loves it, but thinks I made the smarter choice when comparing the two. One client with the Acura CUV decided on the VC as his next car and another with a Lexus - traded his in for the VC as well. Love it! Smart car, great feaures.

Deadly Defect !!!!
By Deadly defect on 04/17/08 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

With 826 miles on the vehicle I was coming up to a stop sign, heard a pop in the steering column and lost all steering on the vehicle. You could spin the steering wheel completely around. Coasted to a stop, had it towed to the nearest Hyundai dealer. They found it was an assembly line defect in putting the steering column together. They were very sorry it happened, but insured me they had never seen this before. They acted like my radio knob had fallen off. If I had been going down the highway at 60 mph I wouldn't be writing this now. If you have a Veracruz I would recommend you have your steering column checked. If it happened once it can happen again!

tire pressure at delivery
By Lyle on 03/24/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I read on line...somewhere...to check the tire pressure after buying the new Veracruz. The article stated that the cars are shipped from Korea with 50 lbs of air pressure. I checked mine and had 42 lbs in each tire..I believe 30 is normal, although I carry a little more in mine...you might want to check yours, if you haven't

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.