2007 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
would never buy another one
By unhappy owner on 01/23/10 08:52 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I just recently purchased the veracruz about 4 months ago. Within the first week there was a loud thumping noise in the rear end, then once winter hit I attempted to use the awd feature. I quickly realized that did not work, the loud grinding noise gave that away. So after my wife putting 1000 miles on it, off to the shop it went. replaced entire rear end and 4 wheel drive due to oil contamination, at least that what I was told. While it was in the shop I told them to check the front end,as that was making alot of noise also. they did not, so know I am back in my loaner vehicle,after paying nearly 30k for a vehicle and now back in a loaner car, could not be more dissatisfied.

Luv My Veracruz
By Lee Roy Lay on 12/13/09 18:10 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the vehicle new in July 06. We bought the GLS FWD. We've loved the vehicle. We average about 18mpg overall. On our summer vacation to Hilton Head, we've averaged over 25 with 7 people and luggage. Only issue we've had is we're on the 3rd battery. Second one was replaced free, 3rd one, I paid for 1/2. Didn't like that. Battery should last longer than that. We've got 40,000 miles on it. Still have the original tires. Lots of room. Handles great.

I hate blue
By Saturceptor on 10/17/09 11:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

By the title you've surmised it's blue in color. Buying at carmax you don't get a color choice. But color aside our 07 Vera is one great ride more standard features than any vehicle I've ever owned. We have a big family 2 kids who are going to be monsters and 2 dogs who are monsters. My only concern is the light Grey interior not good for boys, very supportive seats, good lumbar support, great exterior views, no blind spots, headlights a different story projector lowbeams have a sharp cutoff of light very good. The highbeams shine into lowflying aircraft. Adjustment I'll have to call on NASA for that. Screrws, gears, plastic not enough time. Or patience well about run out of characters.........

Outstanding Reliability
By Larry Manning on 07/11/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased out Veracruz Limited in August 2007 and have since driven it for 12000 miles. To date not one screwdriver has touched it. Nothing has been tightened, nothing has been repaired, and nothing has been replaced in the two years of driving. It is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned in my 65 years of driving experience. I heartily recommend this vehicle to any one that places a high value on reliability. Its excellent design, construction, a 5 year bumper-to-bumper warranty, and 10 year warranty on the drive train makes this vehicle hard to beat in the automotive world.

I LOVE THIS SUV!!!!
By danacandy on 06/09/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This car is really nice to drive. My husband who is 6'4" fits comfortably in the middle row, my 3 kids also fit very well, with room to spare(including a car seat). We have really enjoyed taking this car on trips. It has a lot of get up and go power, it rides smooth like a luxury sedan. We have been so happy with this purchase, we will more than likely purchase an upgrade in a few more years. I definitely recommend this SUV!!!

I've found a diamond!
By topboricua on 05/12/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After considering the Rav4 and the Santa Fe, and neither fitting within my budget ($23k out the door). I looked into used Highlanders and the Veracruzes. Found some 2007's with all the perks (premium packages - leather, etc.), everything but the DVD player or navigation systems. This Veracruz is the most comfortable car ever! Soft on the road, and powerful when needed. Gas mileage is not the best (15city/22highway), but acceptable. The seats are super comfortable, the interior space is great! Even the 3rd row is not bad and I've sat back there (I'm 6'0). Everyone who's ridden in it loves it, and I think I'm a future Hyundai owner for life! Price was sweet at $22,300 (walkout) w/29k miles.

SUV I ever want to be driving
By Praveen on 05/07/09 21:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We went shopping for an SUV 2 years ago. Test drove Toyota, VW and third in line was this babe. Both myself and my wife were so baffled with the quality of the vehicle, we decided to buy it immediately. sort of "love at first drive". Gives us about 19 in city driving and has given as much as 27 on highway. 2 years and we still love this babe. Engine revs freely (responds well with Shell gasoline) and is surprisingly quick off the line. Quality of materials inside the vehicle is awesome.

It's Ok, but not a Lexus
By c mikaya on 04/18/09 10:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase my car in June 07, going down from a Sequoia. The Veracuse reminded me of a Lexus, but a Lexus it ain't. The seats in this car have never been as comfortable as my old Sequoia and I find the velor type material difficult to clean. The all wheel drive has been very reliable on my mountainous road, but the mileage is not good and that was the reason I traded my Sequoia in. With that model I was getting 17.8 mpg and with this vehicle it's the same or 18 mpg, what a disappointment. Now that I have 55,000 miles on the vehicle the right ball bearing has gone and the latch on the center console broke. I think Hyundai is working on improvement, but I am ready to try something else

2007 hyundai limited
By bernard edwards on 03/25/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Hello, I just wanted to share with you folks my experience with my Vera-cruz limited. I now have had it over two years now and had one minor recall on it to install a better fuel filter. The car is so beautiful, I never get tired of looking at it and I have a two wheel drive and I get 24 miles per gallon, and I am amazed at the Lexus quality it has and this is my 7th Hyundai, and I will be getting the new 2009 Vera cruz with the same color and equipment as I just love this car as it has a lot of class and I can only say to you folks that buy a Hyundai and you won't regret it.. The car has the ultimate package on it and I love the 605 Watt radio and ten speakers and the dvd, wow what a car we love it

Hyundai Veracruz
By Disappointed on 02/09/09 22:39 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in the FWD Model and not the AWD version. It is horrible in the snow, I had other FWD's and they blew this vehicle away. It gets stuck with just a dusting of snow. It also hydroplanes on the Interstate with just a little rain. The divers side window would not go up and had to go abck to dealership to correct the problem. The brake rotors had to be ground down to get rid of the shimming when the brakes were applied. I am very disappointed at the 29,000 dollar vehicle. i am getting rid of it to get something I can feel safe driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.