Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Rides like a RX350
By THSAutoman

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased for styling, comfort, price & warranty after comparing to Pilot, Highlander & Mazda RX9. Subsequently found it to compare equally in size, comfort and features with XC90 and RX350 owned by other family members. Dealer warranty experience has been good on two occasions. Handles great in town and on highway.

Favorite Features

Instrumentation layout & lighting. Third seat that folds flat. Reclining rear seats. Rear windows go all the way down. Height from seat to ground is excellent compared to other SUVs.

Suggested Improvements

Offer tan interior with more exterior color options. Add power passenger seat as std. equipment on base model.

Bought Used--Lovin' it!
By Cruzin

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first SUV & I am in love with it! Buying this car used was well worth it b/c I was able to afford the Limited edition with leather seats & ALL the bells & whistles I could imagine. I feel like I'm driving a luxury vehicle! The car drives SO smoothly and it is SO quiet. Stereo sounds great! I read EVERY review on this website before my purchase and I think I made a great choice! I looked at the Honda CR-V as well but the interior honestly looked a little dated after seeing the Veracruz Limited Ed. I NEVER thought I would own a Hyundai-but I agree with another review, that this SUV is a hidden gem! I feel proud and smart that I got a "luxury" car for a great price!

Favorite Features

Leather seats! Sunroof! Heated seats! Power lift gate! Infinity sound with 6 disc CD changer. Smooth ride, very quiet. Wood paneling adds a nice touch!

Suggested Improvements

My ONLY thought is that I don't think there is enough horsepower. There's not a whole lot of "oomph" when coming out of a full stop. But its MUCH better than my old car and that wasn't a make or break for me. Wish the color "Satin Beige" looked more Beige than Silver, but its still pretty :)

70,000 miles and going strong
By ChaseFranklin

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have 70K on my vehicle and have three minor issues; a recall, and twice the throttle sensor died and I had to have it towed in. I learned that the first was a faulty program which wasn't corrected when I had it towed first time. Now they have it nailed down. As to complaints from others; I don't know how you're driving, but I get 19.9MPG mixed and 24.5Hwy. I am 6'3" and find the space plenty large enough, and I do some serious driving. One thing - I changed tires this winter and found the Continentals are much better in snow than the Michelin's it came with. Much happier with that change of rubber. Great car love it.

Favorite Features

Stereo is great, seats are comfortable and I love the styling of the car. Pick up is about what you'd expect for this car. But warranty was the seller and still is as far as I'm concerned.

Suggested Improvements

Window sill is too high to rest arm comfortably while traveling long miles. I am going to replace the struts with 70K, but not sure if that's normal or not. Need to ask my mechanic.

Never Again
By Never Again

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The transmission is terrible with unwanted clunking, metallic downshifts at stoplights. Several bulletins issued by factory which did nothing. This vehicle is an absolute piece of junk!

Appearance

Suggested Improvements

Start over with computer and transmission.

Worst vehicle I've ever owned
By der3156

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Since day one when it was delivered to me I have had transmission problems! For almost 3 years it has been back and forth to three different dealers. Nobody can stop the vehicles from downshifting when braking and making a loud clunking noise. Meet with Factory Rep. tomorrow. Have contacted state consumer folks and this vehicle DOES qualify as a "Lemon". If necessary, I will force dealer to take it back. Stay away from Hyundai. It has taken me this long to get a 2nd meeting with the factory Representative.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Junk the EPU that controls the transmission and the transmission!