Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Beware of quirky problems in new car
By ccoady

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Loved the look and feel of this car but have had serious problems for a new car. First week TPMS light went on and had to be reset by dealer,within one month quirky electrical problems, keyless entry would not work, passenger seat heater not operating. Dealer had to remove dash to get to problem. Just this evening with only 13000 I had to have the car TOWED to the dealer, the transmission seems to have gone, with my foot to the floor the car could only go 15 MPH and could not get up my slightly included driveway. Too much headache for a new car

Favorite Features

I thought the warranty would be good, who knew I would need it so soon - this is my first Hyundai and so far too many problems

Suggested Improvements

Dealer not interested in providing customer service to me with the car being towed - In their words "we are in the business of selling new cars" - Beware of Eastside Hyundai in Kirkland WA

Nice Car
By P. Proctor

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: Very roomy, every option but NAV Cons: Powerful, but moderate gas mileage. Drives very well, good pickup, stopping, turning radius is better than our Sienna. Neighbors all flocked over to see it. The Khkai color is very very nice Car has developed wind noise insid ethe cabin at highway speeds, loud enough to be annoying

Favorite Features

Lots of room with 2 rows of fold flat seating, integrated DVD entertainment system is great. Full controls for AC, DVD from the rear seats. Lights for each row and seat postion. 110V AC outlet as well as 12V DC outlet in the rear, great for the kids and keeping the notebooks/iPODS going.

Suggested Improvements

Took it back for service for the wind noise and Hyundai was unable to return my Veracruz it to it's initial "quiet" state. Service Manager said that all of their cars have this problem. Not enough to make me unhappy yet, but my first real disappointment with this car and Hyundai (2nd Hyundai)

Look for Months
By cal

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Have been looking for an intermidate size crossover/etc for 6 months. The veracruz was the best value for the money. Also the great warranty.

Favorite Features

Great ride. Good room but not too big.

7 Month Review
By Jim

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

In early 2007, I reviewed many mid- sized SUV's to replace my leased 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was interested in the Dodge Nitro, but Chrysler wasn't interested in giving me an attractive lease. Same for the Jeep Patriot, no dealing with these folks. So I went Toyota and test drove a Highlander .. nice but boring. Tried a Honda CR-V.. the seats were so unconfy a test drive wasn't necessary. Went to Hyundai and test drove a SantaFe nice but the Veracruz was a no brainer!! I leased the GLS with the optional moonroof and heated seats. Four months later I was T-boned in the passenger rear quarter (not my bad). The ESC system worked great to stabilize the fish-tail and help me stop safely.

Favorite Features

The ride is the quietest and smoothest I have ever experienced. The base sound system is awesome especially with the XM package. The blue interior dash lights are very cool. Love the heated seats too. I get alot of favorable comments from people on the styling and overall looks of this 'Cruzer.

Suggested Improvements

A wind screen for the moonroof should be standard as an iPod jack. My two complaints are a slightly jerky tranny when accelerating around 40 mph. Also, when comming to a stop, the down shift to first gear is sometimes noticeable. Also, maybe due to the Hankook tires, I get zapped upon exiting.

Still new... will keep you posted.
By Cindy G

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I research new cars to the point of ridiculous... but I really hate "buyer's remorse", and I also hate buying what everyone else is driving based on the assumption that it must be the best thing ever if it's so popular! Wanted to leave behind the "Minivan feel, look, and life- style", but still needed plenty of room for cargo of the human and Home Depot sort. Love the look of this vehile (mistake it for the Lexus), very comfortable interior, including fold-away back seat. We also got an excellent offer for the one we bought, a combination of 1) Dealer incentives 2) Manufacturer/finance com incentives 3) Willing to take last year's model for a few buck off. We got an AMAZING deal!

Favorite Features

Leather package incl: power, heated, leather seats, sunroof. Nice Seat quality... not too hard, not too cushy. Love the "back-up warning" system. Love covered cup holders (if they get messy just flip the top down and hide them). Great sound w/6 CD changer & XM! Neato "Cool Box" keeps drinks cool!

Suggested Improvements

AN AUDIO IN JACK FOR MP3 PLAYERS!!!!!! It truly never dawned on me in this day and age that this would not be included. Bummer. But still love the car.