Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Most Helpful|
Amazing
By suvlover21

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle used just recently after looking for the past 3 months for an SUV that suited my needs. I test drove SUVs ranging from the kia Sorento Base all the way upto a Mazda Cx9 loaded. The Veracruz V6 and 6 speed transmission gives it plenty of power to get out into traffic, merge, and pass. The ride is incredibly smooth as well as the transmission shifts. I also love the fact I found an SUV that averages 20.5 MPG in mixed driving when my 2007 V6 sedan was averaging 25 mixed, I figured I'd be dropping MPG a lot more than that and I am quite satisfied I was wrong.

Favorite Features

The 10 Speaker Infinity Surround sound is amazing with plenty of base and is really loud. The leather seats are also very comfortable. The headlights are awesome, the beam pattern is very precise and goes a long ways out minimizing the use of the bright lights. I also LOVE the blue dash lights versus other companies green or red. The V6 is very strong, I'm a power junky and tend to lean towards V8s due to the extra power, this V6 shocked me with the power when I pushed the throttle down.

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion I could come up with would be to either adjust the bright lights so they point more towards the ground or give an HID option. The bottom of the bright light beam starts at the top point of the low beam so the brights are basically pointing up towards the sky, which can be useful in hilly terrain but otherwise leaves the bright lights useless. I tend to like really bright lights and while the Veracruz Low beam system is bright enough for most I plan to upgrade mine to HIDs within the next month or two.

A Hyundai Believer!
By indianadrive

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Love our Veracruz! We bought our '07 Veracruz limited used in '08 with 2k miles. We now have 113k miles and still love the comfort, drive, and mileage (22mpg combined). Other than a couple recall notices early in our ownership, the only problem we have had was a head gasket line leak, which allowed oil into the alternator, leaving us stranded. Since that problem was resolved, our Veracruz has been trouble free again, with only normal maintenance. It is still very comfortable for long trips and still has a quiet cabin. When it is time to purchase another vehicle, we will most likely buy Hyundai again, as we have been pleased with the quality and value compared to competitors.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, quiet ride. Good mileage for age and size of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Allow powertrain warranty to transfer to new owners (All Hyundais). Need more comfort in second row seating, they are very hard on any trip over an hour.

early failures
By ghahn

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have had (have) the following problems with my 2007 vera cruz: 1) at 70k - valve cover gasket leak which allowed oil to spray on the alternator - alternator failed causing a breakdown on a major highway in rush hour 2) back up warning sensors no longer work 3) auto door lock for drivers door fails to activate 80% of the time. this applies to locking or unlocking 4) one of the air bags has failed and i have an indicator on all the time 5) cruise set/ resume buttons do not activate the cruise 50% of the time 6) steering column volume control problems have recently surfaced - does not work and volume up turns down the volume 25% of the time

Excellent Vehicle
By dave

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Veracruz is a very well built auto. With the addition of a hitch, it even tows reasonably heavy loads without much trouble. The engine is very capable. The interior is nearly perfect. Material quality is terrific and better than my previous Honda. In 60k miles the only issue I have had is a power window switch had to be replaced. Great stereo. Has been in two collisions, front and rear, with no damage other than bumper cover replacement. One of the other vehicles was totalled with trunk and roof creases. Compares well with my wife's Acadia.

Favorite Features

Quality, toughness, power, stereo, ride.

Suggested Improvements

Slight changes to front end design, better fuel economy (it gets about 21mpg on the highway).

Great SUV FWD
By normanebanks

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the LTD in early April 2007 and have 43600 miles on. I had the fuel pump and twice the brake light switch replaced in the two years. The car has been solid ever since. I bought the aftermarket "SES" 2 pc. grill which closed up the gaping hole in the front. Looks good. the dealer has been great with all issues. I love the looks, the ride, the luxury and the value. I chose it over the CX9 due to price and the Rendesvous which was dated.

Favorite Features

The warranty, the looks, in and out and the luxury.

Suggested Improvements

dI hear the 2012 has a new grill. I have not seen it yet but that was about all that I could think of considering the other updates that has been made since the 2007.