2007 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:
A Hyundai Believer!
By indianadrive on 01/22/14 08:16 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Love our Veracruz! We bought our '07 Veracruz limited used in '08 with 2k miles. We now have 113k miles and still love the comfort, drive, and mileage (22mpg combined). Other than a couple recall notices early in our ownership, the only problem we have had was a head gasket line leak, which allowed oil into the alternator, leaving us stranded. Since that problem was resolved, our Veracruz has been trouble free again, with only normal maintenance. It is still very comfortable for long trips and still has a quiet cabin. When it is time to purchase another vehicle, we will most likely buy Hyundai again, as we have been pleased with the quality and value compared to competitors.

early failures
By ghahn on 09/14/12 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have had (have) the following problems with my 2007 vera cruz: 1) at 70k - valve cover gasket leak which allowed oil to spray on the alternator - alternator failed causing a breakdown on a major highway in rush hour 2) back up warning sensors no longer work 3) auto door lock for drivers door fails to activate 80% of the time. this applies to locking or unlocking 4) one of the air bags has failed and i have an indicator on all the time 5) cruise set/ resume buttons do not activate the cruise 50% of the time 6) steering column volume control problems have recently surfaced - does not work and volume up turns down the volume 25% of the time

Amazing
By suvlover21 on 03/27/12 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle used just recently after looking for the past 3 months for an SUV that suited my needs. I test drove SUVs ranging from the kia Sorento Base all the way upto a Mazda Cx9 loaded. The Veracruz V6 and 6 speed transmission gives it plenty of power to get out into traffic, merge, and pass. The ride is incredibly smooth as well as the transmission shifts. I also love the fact I found an SUV that averages 20.5 MPG in mixed driving when my 2007 V6 sedan was averaging 25 mixed, I figured I'd be dropping MPG a lot more than that and I am quite satisfied I was wrong.

Great SUV FWD
By normanebanks on 02/09/12 17:15 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the LTD in early April 2007 and have 43600 miles on. I had the fuel pump and twice the brake light switch replaced in the two years. The car has been solid ever since. I bought the aftermarket "SES" 2 pc. grill which closed up the gaping hole in the front. Looks good. the dealer has been great with all issues. I love the looks, the ride, the luxury and the value. I chose it over the CX9 due to price and the Rendesvous which was dated.

Excellent Vehicle
By dave on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Veracruz is a very well built auto. With the addition of a hitch, it even tows reasonably heavy loads without much trouble. The engine is very capable. The interior is nearly perfect. Material quality is terrific and better than my previous Honda. In 60k miles the only issue I have had is a power window switch had to be replaced. Great stereo. Has been in two collisions, front and rear, with no damage other than bumper cover replacement. One of the other vehicles was totalled with trunk and roof creases. Compares well with my wife's Acadia.

Rides like a RX350
By THSAutoman on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased for styling, comfort, price & warranty after comparing to Pilot, Highlander & Mazda RX9. Subsequently found it to compare equally in size, comfort and features with XC90 and RX350 owned by other family members. Dealer warranty experience has been good on two occasions. Handles great in town and on highway.

Bought Used--Lovin' it!
By Cruzin on 08/10/10 19:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first SUV & I am in love with it! Buying this car used was well worth it b/c I was able to afford the Limited edition with leather seats & ALL the bells & whistles I could imagine. I feel like I'm driving a luxury vehicle! The car drives SO smoothly and it is SO quiet. Stereo sounds great! I read EVERY review on this website before my purchase and I think I made a great choice! I looked at the Honda CR-V as well but the interior honestly looked a little dated after seeing the Veracruz Limited Ed. I NEVER thought I would own a Hyundai-but I agree with another review, that this SUV is a hidden gem! I feel proud and smart that I got a "luxury" car for a great price!

70,000 miles and going strong
By ChaseFranklin on 02/02/10 13:31 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have 70K on my vehicle and have three minor issues; a recall, and twice the throttle sensor died and I had to have it towed in. I learned that the first was a faulty program which wasn't corrected when I had it towed first time. Now they have it nailed down. As to complaints from others; I don't know how you're driving, but I get 19.9MPG mixed and 24.5Hwy. I am 6'3" and find the space plenty large enough, and I do some serious driving. One thing - I changed tires this winter and found the Continentals are much better in snow than the Michelin's it came with. Much happier with that change of rubber. Great car love it.

Never Again
By Never Again on 02/02/10 07:02 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The transmission is terrible with unwanted clunking, metallic downshifts at stoplights. Several bulletins issued by factory which did nothing. This vehicle is an absolute piece of junk!

Worst vehicle I've ever owned
By der3156 on 01/27/10 05:08 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Since day one when it was delivered to me I have had transmission problems! For almost 3 years it has been back and forth to three different dealers. Nobody can stop the vehicles from downshifting when braking and making a loud clunking noise. Meet with Factory Rep. tomorrow. Have contacted state consumer folks and this vehicle DOES qualify as a "Lemon". If necessary, I will force dealer to take it back. Stay away from Hyundai. It has taken me this long to get a 2nd meeting with the factory Representative.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.