2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:

Awesome little hotrod on the cheap!
By Stork Dude

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My turbo listed for over 26K and I got it for under 21K. It has plenty of power and a very wide powerband so you don't have to worry much about passing. The interior has some hard plastic, but it looks nice. Seats are super comfy and supportive. So many features for a car priced at this point. The headroom with the sunroof can be tight for taller people. The car handles very well. It is better at higher speeds (80mph) than my old Infiniti G37xS, which was a very nice car. The only gripe I see is the torsion bar rear suspension. It handle very nicely, but it is a back-cracker over potholes. This car is much better than normal on smooth roads, and much worse than average on potholed roads. As far as frozen windshields go--use an ice scraper! Is this the first time you've encountered this? I've lived in Cleveland, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Minot, and Omaha. Every car is gonna need an ice scraper. You can put a block heater into it like we do in the north and that will help. You can also use the Bluelink to start the car with your phone to warm it up. Make sure you have the defroster on and the temp on high when you turn it off the night before. Overall, for what you pay, you get an absolutely awesome little hot rod that is so functional! How many other turbos run on 87 octane gas?

The more I drive it, the more I love my Veloster
By Edward Wronsky

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I would advise a potential buyer of a Veloster to lower your expectations and appreciate the car for what it is, not dwell on what it is not. My car has all the bells and whistles of my 2012 Optima in a smaller package. It is comfortable, easy to maneuver, convenient for schlepping, and great looking. Someone wiser than I once said it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. My only reservation is the iPod shuffle performance. It must be reset about once a month, and likes to default to "reading" about once a week. Other than that, I am delighted with my purchase.

Velociraptor Girl's Club
By Kris Kelly

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Our family loved my 2014 Veloster so much we went back and got the 2015 Matte Grey for my 18 year old daughter when she graduated high school. We are seriously considering getting the 2016 Matte Blue next. We do live in Florida so we don't have to worry about snow, so can't speak to the other review complaining about the snow but you can preheat the vehicle by remote on some models I think. Anyway we love, love, love this car!

What a mess this car is
By Jose Cruz

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The veloster is by far the unsafe car I've driven. Above 40mph you will feel loss of control when going through rumble potholes or road pavement dividers on the highway especially on curves. Worst when wet. Tires and design of car is the worst combination. When humidity or frozen windshield forget about rushing. Must run the car for at least 15 minutes before it becomes clear. The power seriously sucks. Please don't buy if you are one who cuts in into traffic especially during on ramp merges. Plain and simple this car don't belong in the north east only down south like Florida. Won't last in New York City.